New Vote Scam!

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Iris
Pirate

New Vote Scam!

Post by Iris » 09-20-2004 03:20 AM

From reading other forums I've picked up on something. Apparently there are groups or individuals who are accessing voter rolls, and sending in change-of-address cards on voters. If this happens to you, when you get to the polls you may find you're not on the books and are unable to vote.

Between now and the November election, please be sure to check that your precinct has you on their books, and with the correct address.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-20-2004 03:38 AM

I've just read about this on two other forums, Iris. :(

On one forum, a fellow was describing how this had actually happened to him and he just happened to discover it by accident!

We live in strange times, folks. Take nothing for granted.

As Fox Mulder always said, "Trust No One."

And as Art has reminded us, "Nothing Is As It Seems."

Check to see that you ARE registered BEFORE you go to the polls on November 2nd! Tell everyone you know to do the same!

It doesn't matter what PARTY you are. This affects us all. Just do it.

BE VIGILANT!!!!

THIS IS THE PRICE OF DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM!!!

VIGILANCE IS OUR DUTY AS CITIZENS OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY!!!
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 09-20-2004 07:00 AM

Also, I think we should vote as soon as we can, early voting, etc., and vote in primaries before the November election to keep our data "fresh."
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-20-2004 11:27 AM

I urge EVERYONE to check with your registrar's office... TIME is running out to do so -- some states are 30 days so you have time to check -- others have longer times, some less time.

(AND I am not being partisan in this -- everyone has right to vote - well except felons)

CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION!!!

- -
On anothernote - also posted several places -- registration fraud with absentee ballots and voters who live in two states...ie winter/ summer homes...and being registered to vote in BOTH places. (not just for State issues..)

Talk about it is that they are working to "FIX" the absentee ballot vs residency at time of voting on national elections.

can we say national IDs...

am truly wondering how it CAN be fixed...

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”