FBI's Anti-Terror 'October Plan'

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

mudwoman
Pirate

FBI's Anti-Terror 'October Plan'

Post by mudwoman » 09-18-2004 11:42 PM

Convinced that al Qaeda is still determined to disrupt the U.S. fall elections by an attack on the homeland, FBI officials here are preparing a massive counter-offensive of interrogations, surveillance and possible detentions they hope will disrupt the terrorist plans, reports Jim Stewart.

FBI field offices and Homeland Security agencies will be advised of "extraordinary measures" that will go into place "beginning the first week of October through the elections."

An internal e-mail advisory to supervisory agents this week from the FBI's "'04 Threat Task Force" said the purpose of the counter-offensive is "to foster the impression that law enforcement is focused on individuals who may be a threat."

Specifically, the plan calls for "aggressive - even obvious - surveillance" techniques to be used on a short list of people suspected of being terrorist sympathizers, but who have not committed a crime. Other "persons of interest," including their family members, may also be brought in for questioning, one source said.

All recent truck thefts, chemical thefts and suspicious cargo truck rentals will also be reviewed as part of the plan. Mosques will be revisited and members asked whether they've observed any suspicious behavior.

Throwing hundreds of agents on the street and conducting invasive surveillance has become a standard post-9/11 tactic for the bureau, which hopes at a minimum to force terrorists go back into hiding and re-think their plan.

Some officials believe it was just such tactics that foiled the remainder of al Qaeda's New Year's bomb plot in January 2000 after agents arrested one operative, Ahmed Ressam, in Port Angeles, Wash., with a car trunk full of explosive material.

The bureau also knows it can expect to be criticized for the strategy if it goes too far. One element of the plan calls for addressing what some officials fears could be a wave of protests from Arab-Americans and civil libertarians once the so-called "October Plan" kicks off.

LINK

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-19-2004 12:01 AM

Convinced that al Qaeda is still determined to disrupt the U.S. fall elections
What would be the point? What would they have to gain by this timing? And lastly, why would they do what's been announced they will do? Wouldn't the element of surprise be much better?
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-19-2004 12:28 AM

Convinced that al Qaeda is still determined to disrupt the U.S. fall elections
Iris wrote: What would be the point? What would they have to gain by this timing? And lastly, why would they do what's been announced they will do? Wouldn't the element of surprise be much better?
I see that statement as the FBI's cover story to carry out interrogation, harassment and detentions at will. This would add another layer of fear on the voters. BushCo's has used fear throughout the presidential campaign, and it is working so far.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-19-2004 12:31 AM

Now, THAT I see too, Sandy.

I just don't see what would be the point of a REAL terrorist attack then. Maybe I'm missing something the government is trying to tell me -- again.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-19-2004 03:51 AM

To tell you the truth my dear,I don't know anything any more. The world is so upside down and inside out right now.

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-19-2004 08:02 AM

On cnbc this morning ..they showed Kerry talking to a crowd and these are the words he used...." You will see about late september early october something is going to take place"......
Now I am not sure what he meant by that ...could it be he knows about this or knows anything that is going to blow this whole situation wide open..???
With all of this info coming out at such an alarming rate it will be busy time here...!
I wish I was a fly on the wall.......!
spiritme
;)

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 09-19-2004 08:04 AM

Crap! I hope it's nothing worse than trotting UBL out on a board.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-19-2004 08:10 AM

or could it be that they are going to go with martial law because now we are under another threat...I mean think about it...they are so obvious....!
spiritme

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 09-19-2004 08:42 AM

It is quite disturbing to hear these politicians keep talking about an October surprise.Seems like we the people are the only ones who will be surprised.

Sadly,I don't trust my government any longer.Incredible as it may sound,our government is our worst enemy.

I do hope I am wrong,but my vision some time back was definitely a mushroom type cloud.One thing for sure,it will take a much bigger event than 9/11 to push this nation into martial law.

If Kerry is aware of some plot by Bush,why is he silent?Maybe he is also playing the game!

{:-)

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-19-2004 12:53 PM

mudwoman wrote: I see that statement as the FBI's cover story to carry out interrogation, harassment and detentions at will. This would add another layer of fear on the voters. BushCo's has used fear throughout the presidential campaign, and it is working so far.

Iris, and Mudwoman, I think the responses we see here is that everyone is more or less inclined to the same sorts of thinking: That factions within our government are planning to execute certain events.

I do believe that CaptainBeyond is also on to something big, though I would seek to define it as my mistrust of certain elements with our government agencies, not per se that I distrust our government, but that elements within agencies are manipulating events. I know, this must sound like equivocations on my part, however, I think that defining the SOURCES of the LIES, the PEOPLE BEHIND THE VAST DECEITS, and those who are strictly benefitting from implementing war making policies, are the one's who ought to be exposed -- who are working as subversive elements from within government agencies.

Having said that, I am disturbed by the increasing militarism supported by our government! I am also disturbed that the CIA is not be held properly accountable. I am disturbed that SHOCK AND AWE policies have created for more deadly reactions which are arousing virtually all Iraqi's to detest American presence in their nation, a nation which we were led to believe would SUPPORT DEMOCRATIC interest, if only the Iraqi people were saved from the despotism of Saddam and his crazy sons.

Instead we are witinessing rising insurrections, widespread distrust for all Americans in that region, and deadly civil unrest that appears to be festering and may ignite a CIVIL WAR in Iraq, a civil war that no American or foreign soldier will have security from being seized upon. Support for their presence is quickly evaporating into the desert sun. I believe that is why England is withdrawing a number of its own troops, too.

Well, we appear to have been very wrong, and perhaps even deliberately misled, since if our intelligence could not assess that Iraqi's would support their own freedom from the dictator SADDAM, then we are wildly off-course in our pursuits to ostensibly "contain terrorists". We have done the exact opposite with our war making aggresssions -- we are unleashing within Iraq a wave of indignation, distrust and hatred against America that will only likely result in REAL TERRORISM thriving in that entire region, especially since our President has sought to define our mission as one of a SPIRITUAL QUEST that will only create further intolerance against American "infidels" who are supporting invasions for religious CRUSADES. We have lit the fuse for radical fundamentalists all around the World, it seems to me.

I do believe that we are witnessing the subversion of American politics from within, and that fascist elements inside and outside our nation desire to see the economic destruction of the United States. I believe that German Nazi-ism, linked with Islamo Fascism, is well entrenched in intell-agencies within the United States. I believe that the neo-cons that have seized the Republican Party are not supporting our Constitituion, and have real disdain for it.

If a CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS is underway, we appear to have been the sparks that lit the fuse with our own war aggressions, serving the neo-cons agenda that appears more and more attuned to tyranny.

FASCISM IS NOT FOOLED. CORPORATISM IS FASCISM.

We saw clear signs of what the neo-cons have in mind for the people, with the despicable police-state actions employed at the RNC in New York.

The words of Kerry are extremely disturbing, due to his own probable powerful government contacts within various government agencies! I am concerned that something on the order of a national security state is being planned very soon, with martial law "against terrorism" used as the main justification for seizing all Americans by the throat and demanding total obedience, and servitude. It's part of the One World "new order" -- using terrorism and fear mongering, just as Cheney has promised would be our future unless Bush is elected (not re-elected, since that never happened the first time around).

Target the neo-cons and their supporters, and expose their villainy, and their subversive philosophy.

Ninerism
Last edited by Ninerism on 09-19-2004 01:05 PM, edited 1 time in total.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-19-2004 01:02 PM

spiritme wrote: On cnbc this morning ..they showed Kerry talking to a crowd and these are the words he used...." You will see about late september early october something is going to take place"......
;)

Although I agree with the sentiments here I had another take on what Kerry said.

Maybe his camp knows something that they will break wide open at that time to show Bush lied bout the dead soldiers or some other discrediting information on Bush.

Just a thought that crossed my mind.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-19-2004 01:07 PM

tiffany wrote: Although I agree with the sentiments here I had another take on what Kerry said.

Maybe his camp knows something that they will break wide open at that time to show Bush lied bout the dead soldiers or some other discrediting information on Bush.

Just a thought that crossed my mind.

Tiffany, thanks. VERY GOOD!
Ninerism

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-19-2004 01:18 PM

Ninerism wrote: Tiffany, thanks. VERY GOOD!
Ninerism

Aw Niner:o

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 09-19-2004 01:38 PM

We should also consider that it is an obvious fact that our intelligence was wrong on Iraq,so why should we give their opinion that much credence now?They could have not have made such fundamental changes in intelligence gathering in such a short time.

Is this same bunch of so called experts going to give Kerry better information?Who are we supposed to trust?

{:-)

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-19-2004 02:44 PM

sort of funny huh..? Intelligence.... Intelligence where...surely they are not talking about our CIA an FBI.....!
total morons and if I were them I would be camping on the other side right now to save there collective butts!
But you have to have intelligence to do that so we shall see!
I see a bunch of rethuglicans moving t a safer casmp....and real soon.....
spiritme:D

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”