Stanley Hilton says "BIN LADEN DIED 6 YEARS AGO."

~~~~

http://www.uh.edu/campus/cougar/Todays/ ... oped2.html

Volume 70, Issue 19, Friday, September 17, 2004
Opinion

Is bin Laden's death Bush's trump card?

Zach Haverkamp
Opinion Columnist

Conspiracy theories get a notoriously bad rap. The phrase itself brings to mind left-wing weirdoes living in their parents' attics, posting stories on Internet message boards about alien semen in sperm banks. At least that's how it was a few years ago. The last several years or so have been the golden age of conspiracies. Whether it's the Bush victory in 2000, the Bush administration's reasons for the Iraq war or the cover-up of Bush's National Guard records, the general vibe most people get from the state of the country is that everything is not as it seems. So consider this not as a solid fact, but as a theory: Osama bin Laden is quite possibly already dead.

He's been dead for a while, in fact, and Bush is waiting to drag his corpse out of the freezer in November to prove to all what a great wartime president he is and clinch the election. Pretty insane, huh? Well, it is, but try and put aside the typical bias against conspiracy theories for a minute and think about things objectively. Based on the other shady acts committed by Bush and friends, does it really sound that far-fetched?

Another stereotype associated with conspiracy theories is that they are pure fabrications pulled out of thin air (undoubtedly mostly true). In actuality there is some evidence that this wacko raving is rooted in truth. On July 17, 2002, FBI counter-terrorism chief Dale Watson went on record as saying, "I personally think he (bin Laden) is probably not with us anymore," though he did admit that he had no direct evidence to support his opinion.

This is not a smoking gun, but there is substantial evidence that al-Qaida is now headed by Saad bin Laden, Osama's eldest son, rather than the man himself. The influential Saudi newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat reported in a story that broke through to the mainstream media that Saad bin Laden has been in charge of the organization "since the U.S. offensive against al-Qaida bases in Afghanistan." The paper went on to say how this news "substantiates the theory that bin Laden was killed or seriously wounded" in U.S.-led attacks.

Award-winning freelance journalist Alex Jones has reported some evidence to the contrary. On Aug. 15, 2002, Jones announced on his radio show, "I have it from high-level (sources) from inside the Bush administration ... that bin Laden died of natural causes and his family has given the body to the CIA, that they're gonna roll him out right before the election, and he's on ice right now. They will claim they killed him right before the election."

Jones did warn that there was the possibility of this being misinformation, but also was told by his source that the United States did not plan to attack Iraq for another couple of years, a claim that ended up being true. Jones also said that his source was extremely close to the Bush administration, and past leaks had been credible.

Granted, all of these allegations are a couple of years old by now, and the perception of his continued elusion of U.S. forces is one of the current administration's greatest embarrassments. But that is the cunning of such a scheme. If bin Laden's death were televised two years ago, it would have only been good for Bush in the short term. In the long term, if the administration keeps the golden nugget that is bin Laden's corpse stashed away for a rainy November day, it's a sure shot to another four years in the days following our fearless leader's defeat of the world's most dangerous terrorist. Absolutely brilliant.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-18-2004 10:12 PM

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....the poo hits the fan again... I am so confused and well...ya know.....!
spiritme:eek:

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-19-2004 12:04 AM

I can't remember any time in my life when I've felt this creepy about everything, or this distrustful, can you? That's not my nature.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-19-2004 12:22 AM

No... not me, either, Iris. I also don't like feeling this way at all. I also am not a distrustful person. I have NEVER felt as I do now in all my 50 years on this planet. :(
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 09-19-2004 01:49 AM

I do believe that its more then probable Osama will be found ... he's more than likely sitting in a prison as we post our opinions.
Because he enjoyed being video tapped way too much not be seen in the last year.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-19-2004 03:58 AM

On ice eh?

I had been leaning towards the jail cell idea, in some undisclosed secret location. Of course, big liquid nitrogen tank in an undisclosed secret location works too! :eek:

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 09-19-2004 07:40 AM

I still wonder if there'll really be an election, and I'm talking about the U.S.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-19-2004 11:45 AM

Listening to numerous conspiracy theories on whether he is alive or dead, I can go back in time to where I too believed he was dead -- but that was in 2002. It was after a discussion about his kidney problems and medical requirements of kidney failure.

Then came the rumors he was injured and escaped into the hills. Then came other rumors and video tapes - some showing him quite alive and well, some showing him pale and sickly. RUmors persisted he was still in charge, next theones that his LTs were in charge, followed by one of his SONS being in charge.

NEXT we get all the captured higher ups in the organization - with a variety of 'stories' he's alive, his son is leading, other higher ups are leading, he's still in hiding, he's dead, he's -- on and on.

What do I believe? At this point in time - not sure. Too many ifs --

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-19-2004 12:32 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Listening to numerous conspiracy theories on whether he is alive or dead, I can go back in time to where I too believed he was dead -- but that was in 2002. It was after a discussion about his kidney problems and medical requirements of kidney failure.

Then came the rumors he was injured and escaped into the hills. Then came other rumors and video tapes - some showing him quite alive and well, some showing him pale and sickly. RUmors persisted he was still in charge, next theones that his LTs were in charge, followed by one of his SONS being in charge.

NEXT we get all the captured higher ups in the organization - with a variety of 'stories' he's alive, his son is leading, other higher ups are leading, he's still in hiding, he's dead, he's -- on and on.

What do I believe? At this point in time - not sure. Too many ifs --

Cherry, me, too. I believe......... I just don't know.

As for timing of Bin Laden possibly resurfacing just before the first election of Bush, well, yes, that does seem a good theory, since October Surprise worked before, too. Hmmm, and people call me cynical, too.

The fine art of dirty tricks appears to be honed well for mass psychology these days -- with the MASTERS OF DECEIT always ready with another big one, such as 9-11, too!

Sorry, Cherry, that is my reality -- since all signs do point to a NORTHWOODS type militarism behind recent events, and along with the cover-up of IRAQI intell-officers behind the OKLAHOMA CITY bombing, too, we are witnessing PATTERNS of DECEPTIONS to persuade Americans that all of it is being done from outside.

NO, it was not "ineptitude" of our intell-agencies that did not see 9-11 coming, folks, that is simply a ploy to HOODWINK us. The myriad and diverse intervening variables simply do not support the CONSPIRACY THEORY that 9-11 was done by radicals OUTSIDE the United States! Likely, some of those supposed terrorists of 9-11 were DOUBLE AGENTS, so identified and know by our intell-agencies at highest levels. TERRORISM BY PROXY does seem to do the trick, however. Cut-out figures, such as LEE HARVEY OSWALD, historically are tactics employed by militarists -- and the people buy the deceptions, or many do, I do not.

Ninerism

cypher
Pirate

Post by cypher » 09-19-2004 05:00 PM

There is no question that a dead Osama delivered by Bush
would win him this election. There is so much fear in this country
and the fearful dont relize where that fear is originating from or
the motives for causing it.

If Bush loses the election there WILL be terrorists attacks on
US soil, just as Cheney promised.:mad:

Has anyone here heard of the "July Surprise" that the White
House cooked up for the DNC?
cypher

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-19-2004 05:36 PM

cypher wrote: Has anyone here heard of the "July Surprise" that the White
House cooked up for the DNC?
What is that?

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-19-2004 08:59 PM

cyher
please ...let's face it ....cheney is the july surprise! the biggest ..
well I won't go there..I will try an be polite.
July has come and gone...sweetie .....so if he had a surprise then we should have known about it by now! Unless you are saying that he will be pulling out his trump card out of his butt come summer of next year!
spiritme
:cool:

cypher
Pirate

Post by cypher » 09-20-2004 01:26 AM

spiritme wrote: cyher
please ...let's face it ....cheney is the july surprise! the biggest ..
well I won't go there..I will try an be polite.
July has come and gone...sweetie .....so if he had a surprise then we should have known about it by now! Unless you are saying that he will be pulling out his trump card out of his butt come summer of next year!
spiritme
:cool:

ha ha ha.......*grumble*
Okay, I'm new here so I didnt know if anyof you discussed it.
I'll get copies of the articles to post.

I cant do it justice by trying to recite it from memory.
Basically, The White House was pressuring Pakistan to
'deliver' a certain high valued target by a certain date, specifying
the week which turned out to be the week of the Democratic
Convention.

I was expecting Osama.
When that date did arrive- Lo and behold, (remember?)- we
get an Al Queda big wig in Pakistan. Breaking news
that interrupts the convention.

I consider it to be evidence of Bush's use of "the war on
terror" for political gain.

No doubt he's saving Osama for November.
Last edited by cypher on 09-20-2004 01:30 AM, edited 1 time in total.
cypher

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-20-2004 04:27 AM

Oh! I remember that, yes.

Welcome to the forum, btw! :)

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-20-2004 06:16 AM

cyper
how new are you to the board..? Can't remember all the new ones I see here .since I am new also! Pakistan has it's own dirty secrets that involve bin laden.
I will try and find that ..was really informative.
welcome cypher
spiritme

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”