Judge Orders U.S. to Find Bush Records

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-17-2004 06:16 PM

Here's today's news on the Packet Found Today (geeze) on GWB.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/ ... index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A packet of Texas Air National Guard records newly released Friday showed that the commanding officer of President Bush's basic training unit took a special interest in him as a trainee and wrote to his father to praise his son.

Bush's father, then a congressman from Texas, said in reply to the commander, "That a major general in the Air Force would take interest in a brand new Air Force trainee made a big impression on me."

Bush went on to say that his son "will be a gung ho member" of the Air Force and that Air Force instructors had "helped awaken the very best instincts in my son."

The letter and other material were the latest in a stream of documents released about Bush's service three decades ago during the Vietnam War, when Bush's critics say he got preferential treatment as the son of a congressman and U.N. ambassador.

Critics have also questioned why Bush skipped a required medical examination in 1972 and failed to show up for drills during a six-month period that year.

The White House has said repeatedly that all of Bush's Guard records have been disclosed, only to be embarrassed when new documents have turned up.

The long-running story took an unusual turn when CBS uncovered documents purportedly showing that Bush refused orders to take a physical examination in 1972 -- but then the authenticity of the documents came under doubt.

In addition to the letter from Bush's father, the latest documents contain news releases that the Texas Air National Guard sent to Houston newspapers in 1970 about young Bush, then a second lieutenant and new pilot.

"George Bush is one member of the younger generation who doesn't get his kicks from pot or hashish or speed," the news release said. "Oh, he gets high, all right, but not from narcotics."

Three decades later, a new book by Kitty Kelley has alleged that Bush used cocaine while he was a student at Yale University and later at Camp David while his father was president.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-17-2004 07:36 PM

Tiff, there is something odd about all of this, like these stories got tangled by the media or BushCo dis-informers.

Ret. Maj. Dean A. Roome said Bush was "gung-ho" before he petered out.

Bush Sr. said "will be a gung ho member".

--
"George Bush is one member of the younger generation who doesn't get his kicks from pot or hashish or speed," the news release said. "Oh, he gets high, all right, but not from narcotics."
Huh?

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 09-17-2004 07:57 PM

Desperate people do desperate things.When those Kerry supporters have nothing to lean on,it is bash Bush time.Seriously folks,is this your ALTERNATIVE?A bashing negative party,with nothing to promise you?Why don't you demand better?Why don't you demand accountability instead of blaming the other party to what we have all participated in for the last 40 years?

When will you people wake up and realize that they are all our enemies.Clinton had his chance,but what changed over the long run?NOTHING,because they are all bastards that should be run out of town on a rail.We have all been sold out by greed,not only massive corporate greed,but also on our local level as well.You better wake up and realize that your government is all about sustaining itself above all else.

{:-)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-18-2004 12:07 AM

OK I'M GOING TO RANT --- I apologize for ranting as it is NOT my NORM to do so... BUT this matter needed clarification.

TO THOSE who have RANTED about my knowledge of kneedeep...
- - -

MY personal knowledge and "relationship" with KNEEDEEP is from WEEKEND COMPUTER CHATS where I have OPS. This goes back over several years. AND I DO MEAN SEVERAL YEARS!!!

JUST because they were COMPUTER related chats does NOT mean we didn't discuss politics.

THIS thread was JUST the first one I came across when I acknowlegded and said welcome because it was a nick I fully recognized from elsewhere.

- - - END of RANT --

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-18-2004 01:04 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: OK I'M GOING TO RANT --- I apologize for ranting as it is NOT my NORM to do so... BUT this matter needed clarification.

TO THOSE who have RANTED about my knowledge of kneedeep...
- - -

MY personal knowledge and "relationship" with KNEEDEEP is from WEEKEND COMPUTER CHATS where I have OPS. This goes back over several years. AND I DO MEAN SEVERAL YEARS!!!

JUST because they were COMPUTER related chats does NOT mean we didn't discuss politics.

THIS thread was JUST the first one I came across when I acknowlegded and said welcome because it was a nick I fully recognized from elsewhere.

- - - END of RANT --

Cherry... interesting rant. As usual, you neatly side-stepped answering anything you were asked. I didn't see anyone ask WHERE you knew him from or FOR HOW LONG, but that is all you've said here.

You SAID (I quote): "kneedeep -- welcome back to the forum" and THAT is what was questioned. WHO was he HERE on FF and WHEN was he HERE before that would cause you to welcome him back????? And WHY was he gone and now registered in a NEW user name? These are legitimate questions based on what you SAID.

I don't have a problem with you welcoming someone new to the forum that you recognize from somewhere else, or even that you know him from somewhere else. THAT isn't a biggie. It's because you said WELCOME BACK that I asked what I did. And you didn't answer THAT.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-18-2004 04:16 AM

I am not going to say much more than I already have. I do find this situation strange, curious, odd and uncomfy. I do not belive in coincidences.

When a brand new poster immediately follows particular members around the forum and nips at every post they make, is old buddies with a regular poster, and targets people that the regular poster is at odds with (politically), well... that just doesn't happen everyday.

Cherry, do you know something about "kneedeep" that we don't? Did he post under another name on FF?

I am not picking on you anybody, this is just ...unusual.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-18-2004 11:52 PM

Cherry is no doubt hiding, Sandy, just as she always does when she's asked a pertinent question, or when someone tried to engage her in constructive dialogue.

But we wonder what she's hiding this time! ;) :D
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”