More Details Emerge on BUSH Drug Use/NatlGuard

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Mercury
Pirate

More Details Emerge on BUSH Drug Use/NatlGuard

Post by Mercury » 09-15-2004 05:06 PM

New Investigation: More details emerge on BUSH's DRUG USE and Nat'l Guard Problems

The Nation -full story...

Why Bush Left Texas
by Russ Baker - September 14, 2004

Growing evidence suggests that George W. Bush abruptly left his Texas Air National Guard unit in 1972 for substantive reasons pertaining to his inability to continue piloting a fighter jet.

A months-long investigation, which includes examination of hundreds of government-released documents, interviews with former Guard members and officials, military experts and Bush associates, points toward the conclusion that Bush's personal behavior was causing alarm among his superior officers and would ultimately lead to his fleeing the state to avoid a physical exam he might have had difficulty passing. His failure to complete a physical exam became the official reason for his subsequent suspension from flying status.

This central issue, whether Bush did or did not complete his duty--and if not, why--has in recent days been obscured by a raging sideshow: a debate over the accuracy of documents aired on CBS's 60 Minutes.

...Questions have been raised about the authenticity of those memos, but the criticism of them appears at this time speculative and inconclusive, while their substance is consistent with a growing body of documentation and analysis.
The Nation -full story...
HIGHLIGHTS from the ARTICLE:

*"One middle-aged woman whose general veracity could be confirmed told me that she met Bush in 1968 at Hemisphere 68, a fair in San Antonio, at which he tried to pick her up and offered her a white powder he was inhaling. She was then a teenager; Bush would have just graduated from Yale and have been starting the National Guard then. "He was getting really aggressive with me," she said. "I told him I'd call a policeman, and he laughed, and asked who would believe me."

*"The family that rented Bush a house in Montgomery, Alabama, during that period told me that Bush did extensive, inexplicable damage to their property, including smashing a chandelier, and that they unsuccessfully billed him twice for the damage--which amounted to approximately $900, a considerable sum in 1972."

*another friend says: "I had the impression that he knew that Georgie was using pot, certainly, and perhaps cocaine,"

* ..Linda Allison, the widow of Jimmy Allison, the Alabama campaign manager and a close friend of Bush's father, revealed to me for the first time that Bush had come to Alabama not because the job had appeal or because his presence was required but because he needed to get out of Texas. "Well, you have to know Georgie," Allison said. "He really was a totally irresponsible person. Big George [George H.W. Bush] called Jimmy, and said, he's killing us in Houston, take him down there and let him work on that campaign.... The tenor of that was, Georgie is in and out of trouble seven days a week down here, and would you take him up there with you.".""
Last edited by Mercury on 09-15-2004 05:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-15-2004 05:50 PM

;)
ah...can we get that out to the mainstream media?
sure would love to hear wht they say about this one?
hard core shrubbies ....they can't help it.....they have been bu****ized.....maybe just maybe one strong individual can come out and say to Bush.....tell me it ain't so!
it is a common fact.....it sickens me to death to say this man is holding office and making decisions that could ultimately bring this country to it's knees!
spiritme

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 09-15-2004 05:56 PM

If only this got the same coverage as "the soiled blue dress". But we all know that will never happen.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 09-15-2004 06:10 PM

What I find REALLY offensive is this family's ARROGANCE. They know they are above the law, and they FLAUNT it! :mad:
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-15-2004 06:23 PM

sickening:mad: :mad: :mad:

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-15-2004 07:07 PM

My GAWD! How can anyone defend this person holding the most powerful position on the face of the Earth???

This is all somehow acceptable? Excusable?

Yes, you're right, daboo... MILLIONS were spent investigating that "soiled blue dress" to the point that parents were having to explain to their children what a "blowjob" is. :rolleyes: But THIS crap, which is MUCH, MUCH worse, IMO--SO FAR--remains hidden from most of America. :mad:

And again, I agree, daboo... the absolute arrogance and flaunting of power displayed by this family and those surrounding it is totally outrageous. :mad:

Thanks for posting this, Merc.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 09-15-2004 07:12 PM

If your in a later time zone than Central ... toss in a tape to record 60 minutes with Dan Rather's interview with Mary Knox
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

bluejello4
Pirate

Post by bluejello4 » 09-15-2004 07:59 PM

Gonna check this out. Comes on in 2 mins.

I wish we could just get the truth out and nail it down hard. A video of Bush snorting would do the trick.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 09-15-2004 11:33 PM

Fascinating.

Dumbya sent better than a thousand brave men and women to their deaths for the sole purpose of corporate profits. When he was busy snorting coke and getting drunk off his ass while dodging the draft during the Vietnam War. And his rich and powerfully elitist family covered for him. And the Rethuglicans question Kerry's heroism?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-16-2004 01:42 AM

And yet, several here, and apparently half the population, worship this evil megalomaniac! :mad:
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 09-16-2004 03:47 AM

Sounds like a lynch mob here in this thread.

Hey,here he is,get a rope.

{:-)

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 09-16-2004 06:00 AM

CaptainBeyond said: "Sounds like a lynch mob here in this thread."

Oh, so asking questions and discussing informaition contained in an investigation conducted by a respected national magazine (The Nation) is tantamount to forming a lynch mob? Right, I see, ...we peons are not to question our fearless leader & Führer, GWB. LOL! LOL!

bluejello4
Pirate

Post by bluejello4 » 09-16-2004 07:20 AM

I've known drug addicts. There were/are plenty in my family. I wouldn't hold something like that against Bush. If he had a problem and got rid of it before taking any office, I would let it be.

The problem is that he's not some junky in an alley getting high.

He used his family's power to skip Vietnam. He abused his family's influence to not even perform well in the Guard. I believe he was abusing drugs during this time and didn't want to get busted with a physical.

He condemned thousands and thousands of Americans to death and going through life with missing limbs When he wasn't willing to do it himself.

This is not tolerable.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-16-2004 11:39 AM

Reades, maybe Bush never stopped using drugs after college days? And just possibly he used drugs at Camp David, per Kitty Kelley's book; thus that would be after his college days.

Millions were spent on investigating Clinton by kenney-boy Star, so where is the concern now that a president may still be abusing alcohol or other substance abuse, since there are signs and statements supporting that contention. We were all told that the poor man was simply eating dry pretzels when he coughed and fell on the floor and bumped his noggin, well, was he actually drinking alcohol at that time, too, and those in power kept it from the American people?

Wouldn't it be great to see if he can actually write something clearly? Wouldn't it be great to see if Bush could actually present cogent arguments during a debate with Kerry? Why is he so afraid, anyway, not to be constantly on a script?

Lots of questions remain about a WAR-EAGER president. He constantly loved to remind everyone: I AM A WAR PRESIDENT! And with a "rock and roll" attitude, too, just like a kid going to a ball game! A man seeking personal vengeance against his fathe,r per his own statements in seeking to go after Saddam -- now causing the death of more than a thousand citizen-soldiers.

Ninerism

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-16-2004 06:17 PM

Perhaps they should have handed out bandaids with white powder on them at the DNC. ;)
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”