More Details Emerge on BUSH Drug Use/NatlGuard

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-17-2004 11:46 PM

mudwoman wrote: I am beginning to think you guys are right!

But Dans did not leave no space inbetween his sentences and was pretty efficient with his spelling and sentence structure or am I thinking of someone else.......Oh well........we shall see. In fact I will ask him..now let's see where are you CaptainB, where are you.

HEY CAPTB.................ARE YOU DANSGOLD IN DISGUISE....

k, i asked.........

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-17-2004 11:57 PM

LOL Tiff!!! :D ;)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-18-2004 12:03 AM

Joolz wrote: LOL Tiff!!! :D ;)

Hi Joolz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D ;) {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-18-2004 12:37 AM

CaptainBeyond wrote: The flag burning and sexual orientation have nothing to do with 99% of us.Need I go further?Economic empowerment?Hell that will save us all!Give me a break!Most pirates are not that stupid,there is nothing about national security,defense,immigration,economic growth etc.,just lame liberal horse sh-t.Read it yourself pirates,nothing of substance here,just fluff,and Bush has nothing to offer either,but hey,it's too important to change now,hey we must elect our man now,HEY!When will people wake up and realize that both parties are lier's and thugs and we should kick them all in the ass and send them on their way.But oh!Kerry is different!,give me a frickin break!

{:-)

Kerry's Senate Record (votes and legislation)

Here is how he has voted through the years: http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_catego ... d=S0421103

How interest groups have rated him: http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_ ... d=S0421103

John Kerry has a distinguished legislative record. He and John McCain negotiated an agreement with Vietnam to provide a full accounting for POW-MIAs. He wrote the first bill reducing acid rain. He has repeatedly led the charge in protecting the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from drilling. He has passed legislation that shut down money laundering activities of terrorists and drug traffickers.

President Clinton Praised Kerry for Putting 100,000 Cops on the Street – “When we tried to get past six years of talking tough on crime but nothing happening, rhetoric and rhetoric and rhetoric and no action, to put 100,000 police on the street, to ban deadly assault weapons to pass the Brady bill, the other side, [the Republicans] led the fight against it. But John Kerry helped us pass the toughest, smartest, best crime bill this country has seen in many a day, and the crime rate has gone down for four years in a row. John Kerry was on the right side of history.” [Public Papers of the President: Fall River, MA; 8/28/96]

Democratic Leader Tom Daschle Says Kerry Knows How to Get the Legislative Job Done in the Senate - Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle had kind words for John Kerry’s work on Campaign Finance Reform when he asked Kerry to chair the Democratic Steering Committee: "From our teen-smoking bill to HMO reform and Campaign Finance Reform, John Kerry has demonstrated that he clearly knows how to get the job done. He is a valued and trusted member of our leadership team, and I am pleased he has accepted another term as Chairman of the Steering and Coordination Committee." [Daschle Press Release, 11/19/98]

Even Dr. Bill Frist, Senate Majority Leader Says Kerry’s Global AIDS Legislation is a “Huge Step Forward”: “’The Kerry-Frist bill is a huge step forward,” said [current Majority Leader Bill] Frist. “It further validates U.S. leadership in the global effort to end devastation many countries face in the fight against HIV/AIDS’.” [Office of Senator Frist, press release 7/12/02]

Legislative Achievements: 58 bills and resolutions John Kerry has sponsored over the years have passed the U.S. Senate. Countless others have been improved because of his work, including the Clean Air Act, the Children’s Health Insurance Program and the COPS program.

John Kerry has taken on the special interests and won. He fought against Newt Gingrich’s anti-labor and anti-environmental regulatory reform. He has fought to raise the minimum wage. He has worked to shut down wasteful corporate subsidies. And John Kerry played an important role in the effort to reach a settlement with the tobacco companies that ended marketing to children and teenagers.

The number of bills that bear your name is a poor measure of legislative accomplishment. For example, Ted Kennedy, who most would acknowledge as the most accomplished Democratic Senator in a generation, has had just 9 bills signed into law in 10 years. Of the more than 400 bills Kennedy sponsored in 108th, 105th and 104th Congresses none were signed into law. And Bill Frist, the Republican Majority Leader, has sponsored 88 bills in the 108th Congress and zero have become law. In the 107th Congress, Frist sponsored 52 bills and 1 became law. It was a bill to authorize and urge the President to promote democracy in Zimbabwe.

For comparison, here is a summary of the legislation sponsored and passed by Vice President Cheney during his 11 year legislative career.

96th Congress: 4 Sponsored; 0 became Law
97th Congress: 4 Sponsored: 0 became Law
98th Congress: 8 Sponsored: 0 became Law
99th Congress: 7 Sponsored: 1 became Law: (H.R.1246 : A bill to establish a federally declared floodway for the Colorado River below Davis Dam.)
100th Congress: 7 Sponsored: 1 became Law: (H.R.712 : A bill for the relief of Lawrence K. Lunt.)
101st Congress: 1 Sponsored: 0 became Law

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/rele ... 0730b.html
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html
Last edited by Iris on 09-18-2004 12:39 AM, edited 1 time in total.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-18-2004 03:34 AM

CaptainBeyond wrote: The flag burning and sexual orientation have nothing to do with 99% of us.Need I go further?Economic empowerment?Hell that will save us all!Give me a break!Most pirates are not that stupid,there is nothing about national security,defense,immigration,economic growth etc.,just lame liberal horse sh-t.Read it yourself pirates,nothing of substance here,just fluff,and Bush has nothing to offer either,but hey,it's too important to change now,hey we must elect our man now,HEY!When will people wake up and realize that both parties are lier's and thugs and we should kick them all in the ass and send them on their way.But oh!Kerry is different!,give me a frickin break!

Oh come on... I'm so sick of hearing lame complaints like this. IF you want to discuss these things, then go ferret out the appropriate information and START a THREAD. "If you post it, they will come..." IF you really want to discuss these issues, then stop the whining and griping and just do it. Don't expect someone else to do it FOR you.

But since I'm in a generous mood tonight ;) , here's a START: showthread.php?s=&threadid=10401

If you want Bush's plans, go get them. This is all I'm willing to do. I'm not feeling THAT generous.

It's easy to go to Kerry's website, or Bush's, or BOTH to compare, and READ about their plans on these issues. It's easy to copy articles you find there and use them to begin threads here IF you want to discuss these issues.

If you want to talk about it, just DO IT. Please.
Last edited by Joolz on 09-18-2004 04:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-18-2004 04:14 AM

I'm with you on that all the way, Joolz.

CAPTAIN BEYOND you can start right here:

Bush and Kerry on the Issues
showthread.php?s=&threadid=10192&highlight=Issues
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-18-2004 04:24 AM

Here's another thread mudwoman started, too, where there are many political platforms, and in particular, third party platforms, being posted: showthread.php?s=&threadid=10180

Since you're so keen on third parties, why haven't you been over there helping out with that? Why don't you post YOUR favorite third party's platform over there for us?

Or is more fun to just post a bunch of complaints and bashing?
Image Anchors Aweigh!

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 09-18-2004 08:16 AM

I am no one else but myself,and have not been Dan whomever you so fondly refer to.

A one sided debate doesn't accomplish much but that seems to be what you want in most of these political threads.Just preaching to the choir.What the hell good is any debate without opposition?you should welcome opposing views as it adds flavor to the discussion.

Just to clarify,I am not Dansgold,and sounds like he wasn't welcome either because of opposing views.

And Tiff,I do hope you feel truly superior to me with your criticism of my sentence structure and spelling.Give yourself a pat on the back at my expense.Also Tiff,I never called Corvid a communist or anyone else here either.Please feel free to take your welcome back if that makes you feel better also.

Now,lemme take my inferier spellin and sentence strukture to anothur thred,to much intelengence hear fer me.Can somone direct me to the ignerint forims fer us dummies?

{:-(

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 09-18-2004 08:35 AM

Just go. Easy!
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Devastated

Post by Devastated » 09-18-2004 08:45 AM

BTW, I consider the old coke use as much of a non-issue as a stained dress. If the media jumps on it, and jerks are trying to distract us from the real issues and keep making us talk about medals and the air national guard and other crap (we just spent several pages of it on this thread) clearly We Are All Being Duped again and again and again and I'm bored.

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 09-18-2004 09:31 AM

I totally agree with you Devastated.We are being given the old switcharoo.Classic diversionary tactics.No discussion about the economy,no discussion about what was really behind 9/11.Just crap.

Major media is in bed with the real world movers and shakers and their job is to keep us preoccupied with nonsense and divert out attention away while our lives are being planned for us.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-18-2004 11:48 PM

CB, don't sit there and whine. You are welcome to start any type of discussion you want. But if all you want to do is put others down, you are welcome to take a hike, IMO.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-19-2004 12:10 AM

CaptainBeyond wrote:
And Tiff,I do hope you feel truly superior to me with your criticism of my sentence structure and spelling.Give yourself a pat on the back at my expense.Also Tiff,I never called Corvid a communist or anyone else here either.Please feel free to take your welcome back if that makes you feel better also.
{:-(
CaptB:

What I said was:

But Dans did not leave no space inbetween his sentences and was pretty efficient with his spelling and sentence structure or am I thinking of someone else.......Oh well........we shall see. In fact I will ask him..now let's see where are you CaptainB, where are you.

HEY CAPTB.................ARE YOU DANSGOLD IN DISGUISE....

I was stating that Dans did not have the same technique in spelling nor in sentence structure. I was saying I did not think it was Dans because of this. I was not making fun of your spelling. I misspell myself quite often and my sentence stucture is not the greatest either. I apologize if it came acrossed that way. That is not what I meant.
Last edited by tiffany on 09-19-2004 12:13 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Devastated

Post by Devastated » 09-19-2004 07:49 AM

Iris wrote: CB, don't sit there and whine. You are welcome to start any type of discussion you want. But if all you want to do is put others down, you are welcome to take a hike, IMO.
Did you mean to aim that at me, or CaptB? I know you meant it for him, but it was a funny time to do it. Bush's old drug use is a non-issue. Current drug use would constitute an issue.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”