Yes, we went
75%
No, it's a Hollywood/Kubrick production
25%

Total votes: 36

MrNuke
Pirate

Post by MrNuke » 06-12-2004 04:57 AM

James Mckinney also believes Apollo was a hoax. Listen to his broadcast dated June 10. You have to scroll down a way to get to it. http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/

I consider him to be one of the most knowledgeable and truthful astronomers working today .

Also, I noted that the last lunar blast off of Apollo 17 was recorded on film. It also panned and tracked the Lunar Module. Now who went back there to get the film after the last mission?

MrNuke

PS: I don't know if there is an audio recording of the Nixon/Armstrong conversation. Does anyone else remember hearing it live in 1969?

Morbo
Pirate

Post by Morbo » 06-13-2004 04:44 PM

I was around in 1969, and heard the conversation, including time of flight delays, between Nixon and the astronauts.

There was no film used to record the Apollo 17 lunar module launch, it was done via remote control TV on the lunar rover.

Morbo thinks you have not investigated the matter much.

MrNuke
Pirate

Post by MrNuke » 06-14-2004 04:09 AM

Morbo wrote: I was around in 1969, and heard the conversation, including time of flight delays, between Nixon and the astronauts.

There was no film used to record the Apollo 17 lunar module launch, it was done via remote control TV on the lunar rover.

Morbo thinks you have not investigated the matter much.

I just saw it on TV. It was definitely film converted to video. It is you who needs to do more investigation.

Morbo
Pirate

Post by Morbo » 06-14-2004 06:41 PM

MrNuke wrote: I just saw it on TV. It was definitely film converted to video.

Care to prove that claim?

MrNuke
Pirate

Post by MrNuke » 06-17-2004 08:10 PM

Morbo wrote: Care to prove that claim?

I saw the specks and granularity indicative of film. I worked with video for over 20 years so I can tell, but there is no way I can prove it, but you don't get dirt specks on video and you do on old film.

Mr Nuke

Morbo
Pirate

Post by Morbo » 06-19-2004 01:42 AM

Nuke, you say, " It was definitely film converted to video..."

Later you say, "...but there is no way I can prove it..."

Morbo is less than impressed. Sorry, but methinks your evidence leaves a wee bit to be desired.

Nice try though.
Last edited by Morbo on 06-19-2004 01:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Pjean63
Pirate

Post by Pjean63 » 06-20-2004 01:12 PM

My uncle worked for Rockwell in the 60's and 70's .....did the Apolos' and Skylab. I have a real hard time believing that he spent that many years only working on stage mockups! LOL
"I mock you with my monkey pants!" Oz-from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Escargot
Pirate

Post by Escargot » 06-20-2004 03:09 PM

Oh My PJean, is that just one of your life mottos or, is that meant for some'one'? It reminds me of something my sister would say.:)

Can you say exactly what your Uncle did? And have you spoken to him about the moon missions? What are his thoughts on it?

In my previous post on this thread, I mentioned the possibility that the conversation might have been pre-taped (audio) and the delays removed. Does anyone know if the technology existed in 1969 to do that? And coordinate a pre-taped audio with either taped video or a Live transmission?

I was thinking of the splicing machine my Father used to have, to alter his home movies (film), no sound. Could audio tapes be spliced?
I suspect that we don't really know how advanced the technology was in 1969, regarding TV, telephone, radio or cameras - all that kind of equipment.
Just as we probably don't know how advanced it is today.

Knowledge creates understanding. Those who suppress Truth, alter others' paths. (and you may not even know it's happening to you)

MrNuke
Pirate

Post by MrNuke » 06-23-2004 03:46 PM

Pjean63 wrote: My uncle worked for Rockwell in the 60's and 70's .....did the Apolos' and Skylab. I have a real hard time believing that he spent that many years only working on stage mockups! LOL

They weren't mock-ups. The spacecraft were launched...in to earth orbit where they remained until the "mission" was over. They were launched, they just didn't go to the moon.

It is interesting to note that both James McKinney and Wayne Greene, two of the most intelligent guests on C2C, also don't believe we went to the moon.

You know how hot your car gets on a hot summer day with the windows rolled up? Imagine what would happen on the moon with the spacecraft receiving direct radiation from the sun, while sitting motionless for days. How do you think they kept the LEM cool? Just the power for cooling would be immense, and the LEM just doesn't look like t has the "right stuff" in the way of engines and fuel to de-orbit and then blast off again to rendez-vous with the command module.

I could be wrong about this, but the guy from NASA who was going to write a book..."to end this nonsense that we didn't go to the moon" had the project cancelled by NASA brass...and he died shortly thereafter of a heart attack at age 43.

MrNuke

Pjean63
Pirate

Post by Pjean63 » 06-24-2004 08:21 PM

Escargot wrote: Oh My PJean, is that just one of your life mottos or, is that meant for some'one'? It reminds me of something my sister would say.:)

Can you say exactly what your Uncle did? And have you spoken to him about the moon missions? What are his thoughts on it?[/B]
LOL Escargot! Uhm...not necessarily a motto....but it amuses me. Big Buffy fan, here.

My uncle is an aeronautical engineer.....it's been years since I have talked to him about any of this, but he helped with the design of the Appolos and Skylab. I'm not sure about specifics though, I was pretty young when he was doing that. He works for Boeing now. Wanted out of the rat race that is California.

I do know that some of what he worked on is still classified, because he's said he isn't at liberty to discuss all of it. Even now. Weird tho, I never thought of it as being something as big as the conspiracy this thread is indicating.

I mean, geez. They can't keep it secret that officials ok'd the 'torture' of war prisoners....and that is much more detrimental to us as a nation now than the space race of the 60's and 70's.

How the hell did they keep the moon thing such a secret for so long? I have a hard time believing that they could.
"I mock you with my monkey pants!" Oz-from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

MrNuke
Pirate

Post by MrNuke » 06-26-2004 08:31 PM

>How the hell did they keep the moon thing such a secret for so >long? I have a hard time believing that they could.

Of all the excuses, this is the worst. I saw on the History Channel just a few days ago, an operation that went bad during WWII. It involved thousands of Allied troops and was just made public. It had been kept perfectly secret all those years.

MrNuke

Escargot
Pirate

Post by Escargot » 07-07-2004 08:16 PM

I mean, geez. They can't keep it secret that officials ok'd the 'torture' of war prisoners....and that is much more detrimental to us as a nation now than the space race of the 60's and 70's.

How the hell did they keep the moon thing such a secret for so long? I have a hard time believing that they could.

Whether if was real or whether it was faked, I can't say. I don't have the tech knowledge nor am I privy to insider info.
I believe what was most important, and still is important, is the 'race'. The one-upmanship. The need to be the most powerful and technologically advanced country.
And I can understand the importance of that. I hate deceit of any kind. But I can understand the political need, if it was faked.
And if it wasn't faked, it sure was exciting.
PJean,
To understand the political think machine go to this site;
http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030528 ... -4284r.htm

MrNuke
Pirate

Post by MrNuke » 07-08-2004 12:42 AM

Escargot,

You have the right idea. As a matter of fact, today the U.S. Military Psyops Operations announced that the toppling of the Sadaam statue was staged. It's amazing that they announced this at all. This seems to me a positive step in the way of government honesty. Maybe a small step considering the totality of the situation...but significant nevertheless.

MrNuke

Thomas Veil
Pirate

Post by Thomas Veil » 07-19-2004 09:59 PM

I believe we went, and I believe that because we haven't went back in some thirty years (as far as the average person knows anyway) adds to this crazy notion that we never went at all. However, I don't believe we are getting all of the truth of what really happend.
"You can't give up hope because it's hopeless, you've got to hope even more, cover your ears and go blah blah blah blah blah."-Philip J. Fry

Post by Guest » 07-20-2004 01:17 AM

Hey Thomas - I like your location!
Tomorrow (7/20) is the 35th anniversary of the first moon landing (for those who believe it really happened anyway) - George should have scheduled a program on the moon landing conspiracy, perhaps a debate, for that date.

Return to “Astronomy/ NASA/Physics”