Trump In Action

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Trump In Action

Post by Raggedyann » 06-20-2018 06:17 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote: 06-20-2018 03:29 PM
Raggedyann wrote: 06-20-2018 03:10 PM Yeah and nothing changed until May when Trump issued his own cruel policy. Read it again.
Have you noticed how quiet it's gotten on this thread? Kinda like the other folks are waiting to see if we digress to name-calling. But I won't go there. There are video recordings of Bill Clinton starting the policy, of Obama pushing the policy, and of Hillary endorsing the policy. There are versions of them making the rounds on Facebook right now. Yes the have been modified with Trump rolling his eyes at various points, but it's Bill, Obama, and Hillary's speeches. Look them up for yourself. Listen to what they said.
THEN tell me again that I'M brainwashed.
You've "known" me a long time. You should know better.
I won't call you an insulting name, so consider yourself privileged. :mrgreen: But I will say that you have reading comprehension issues. Trump's Zero Tolerance is different than anything that's come before it. It means every family is separated from their kids indefinitely as a deterrent to others. No way there was a policy this severe in the past.

As you can see, my most shining personality trait is arrogance. It was always lurking just beneath the surface but when I got old I let it come to the forefront for all the world to see. Old age has its perks. :wave:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-20-2018 08:51 PM

[/quote]
I won't call you an insulting name, so consider yourself privileged. :mrgreen: But I will say that you have reading comprehension issues. Trump's Zero Tolerance is different than anything that's come before it. It means every family is separated from their kids indefinitely as a deterrent to others. No way there was a policy this severe in the past.

As you can see, my most shining personality trait is arrogance. It was always lurking just beneath the surface but when I got old I let it come to the forefront for all the world to see. Old age has its perks. :wave:
[/quote]

1st paragraph;
Thankee sai :mrgreen: Reading comprehension issues? No. Typing issues? Yes. And even with spell check I don't always catch them.
I'm not disagreeing that zero tolerance went too far. All zero tolerance policies go too far.
But, when mom and dad bring their kids across the border with them illegally and get caught what do you do with them? Well, got to put them somewhere until they can all as a family get sent back.
I'd say the whole policy need to reviewed and modified.
And it's not the only one,

2cnd paragraph
Nothing wrong with a good helping of arrogance. It help keep one from being steamrolled buy those who's opinions differ from one's own. :wink:
Indeed it does have it's perks. I find my tolerance for, what I refer to as "young people" ( 12 to 30), gets shorter as I get older (56 btw). :homerstra
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-20-2018 09:14 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote: 06-20-2018 08:51 PM
But, when mom and dad bring their kids across the border with them illegally and get caught what do you do with them?
[/quote]
What do you do with them? You don't rip them away from their parents for even 5 minutes. These people are from violent countries and are seeking asylum. They don't do it the right way but for Christ's sake America, have a heart. Punishing children in this dreadful way is cruel and nobody learns a thing except that kids are scarred for life while dim wits play politics with their well being.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-20-2018 10:07 PM

So you don't have have an answer ether, right? :bigup:
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-21-2018 05:57 AM

Raggedyann wrote: 06-20-2018 09:14 PM
Jon-Marcus wrote: 06-20-2018 08:51 PM
But, when mom and dad bring their kids across the border with them illegally and get caught what do you do with them?
What do you do with them? You don't rip them away from their parents for even 5 minutes. These people are from violent countries and are seeking asylum. They don't do it the right way but for Christ's sake America, have a heart. Punishing children in this dreadful way is cruel and nobody learns a thing except that kids are scarred for life while dim wits play politics with their well being.
[/quote]

So, I have to ask the question as it seems that at some point, we will need to face this issue.

Everyone (mostly) agrees that we have an immigration issue, and many (if not all) believe that immigrants/ refugees originating from south of the border constitute a large percentage of those coming here.

If we accept this, and also accept that many are coming here to escape conditions in their home countries which may be traced to drug cartels, forced gang activity, etc, wouldn't it be in this country's best interests to send in our military and wipe out the drug cartels and gangs? Start country by country, marching down through Central America, get Mexico on-board to accept US military support to stem the flood at their southern border and eradicate the drug cartels inside the Mexican and Central American countries respective borders, round-up the worst offenders, drop them into some hole somewhere, and with those left alive, set them adrift out in the Pacific to fend for themselves.......

Rebuild the shattered economies of Central America, keep people there to work in a safe environment and build their lives there free of drug lords and gangs and establish trade through the Western Hemisphere.

Or is this just too much common sense???????
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-21-2018 06:07 AM

Raggedyann wrote: 06-20-2018 09:14 PM
[/quote]

Also RA, Trump's new EO does not stop arresting people crossing the border - it just stops the separation of families. Children already separated will be kept separated (for now at least...):

" A spokesman for the Administration for Children and Families told The New York Times that the children are not expected to be reunited with their parents.

“There will not be a grandfathering of existing cases,” the spokesman, Kenneth Wolfe, told the paper."

https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/trumps-or ... -in-limbo/

Also, children already separated from their parents have been flown thousands of miles away from the US/ Mexico border to New York, arriving last night......

Under cover of darkness and in the custody of the federal government, migrant children have been coming in waves to New York, taken from their parents after crossing the southern border.

Even as President Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday ending his administration’s policy of separating parents and children who have illegally crossed the border, the crisis was already spreading to a city some 2,000 miles away.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/nyre ... -york.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-21-2018 10:15 AM

Since no one seems interested in their own dispensable children, which, I find heatless and selfish, to the core.......

Lets say all these illegals, mostly from middle east countries or like Venezualia are all allowed in. We have open borders, how long do you think before it will be necessary to lower every Citizens standard of living to accomodate your "Mother Theresa" needs. These are not educated people being shipped to our countries, they are very needy. You didn't abort your own children, but are you not, aborting them at a later date? The purpose of of this well planned invasion, It is certainly not to bring prosperity to countries , it is to bring them down.!

Are these people going to help you and your families? Ah. Yes. Your families are meaningless, by your own actions. You are nothing but useful tools, out to save the world at the sacrifice of your own. Yup, that is really intelligent?!

I know, I know, you just can't help being "compassionate" but are you really?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-21-2018 10:20 AM

Oh my God Doka! What a load of scrounged up nonsense. You will say anything to defend your beloved Republicans. There is something sick about the depth of your loyalty. Major crimes against humanity have been committed by people who've been completely brainwashed into worshipping their leaders at the same level you do. Horrible things have been done to people and separating babies from their mother's indefinitely, is horrible. There is nothing that can justify the kind of horror these people and their kids will suffer over a lifetime. Many of them will more than likely never find each other again. And you think this is all fine because your hero says it is.. What about your own conscience Doka? Do you have kids?
Attachments
DgNgpZ4W0AAR0oV.jpg
DgNgpZ4W0AAR0oV.jpg (68.09 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
Last edited by Raggedyann on 06-21-2018 09:00 PM, edited 3 times in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-21-2018 11:29 AM

I agree - I care for my son, nieces and nephews very much, and about people generally. I also agree that we have a border security issue, but this is not the way to solve it. It's getting to the point that I don't even recognize this country and what it's turning into. A news story that ran last night said that these kids start their days praying to God to release them back to their parents - one young girl was asking that she be released to an aunt. IMHO, God (who I believe in) listens to prayers such as these and doesn't look kindly on those who oppress innocent lives as we have been. It's bad enough that since WWII, as a society we have become so secularized, now we are imprisoning kids and subjecting them to abuse just because they're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What is WRONG with this administration????????

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-21-2018 11:37 AM

Doka wrote: 06-21-2018 10:15 AM I know, I know, you just can't help being "compassionate" but are you really?
This is "compassionate" Doka?

Snippet:

Washington (CNN) — President Donald Trump's executive order reversing course on family separations has not changed anything in terms of putting families that have already been separated back together, a government official confirmed Wednesday.

The agency later walked back the statement but said any further plans to reunite families were still in development.

The executive order does not speak to any families that have already been separated -- and existing policies place the onus on parents to find their children in Department of Health and Human Services custody and seek to reunite with them.

On Wednesday afternoon, an HHS spokesman said nothing had changed for the children in its care.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics ... index.html

As we're finding out, our government is taking custody of young children and sending them to locations, in some cases, thousands of miles away from their parents. None speak English, and many are so young as to probably not even know their own let alone their parent's names. HOW are they going to be reunited when the government is dumping the responsibility on the parents who are shell-shocked by the experience and have no clue where to start?

This isn't "compassion". This is insanity and cruelty at its worst.........

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-21-2018 01:51 PM

As we're finding out, our government is taking custody of young children and sending them to locations, in some cases, thousands of miles away from their parents. None speak English, and many are so young as to probably not even know their own let alone their parent's names. HOW are they going to be reunited when the government is dumping the responsibility on the parents who are shell-shocked by the experience and have no clue where to start?

This isn't "compassion". This is insanity and cruelty at its worst.........

How do you Think those kids got here Kbot!? I see you are reading your favorite Propaganda (CNN) crap again.

What CNN wrote is how Soros and Obama are getting them Here in the first place and what they where doing with them and I guarentee you No Body is saying a word about how "Cruel" they are. Do you know what happened to the thousands of children that they brought here on Obama's watch? Time to kiss you and FAMILY good-bye, something is coming if not already here.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-21-2018 02:25 PM

I get what you're saying Doka - I don't disagree with you that the border issue needs to be fixed. But separating children from their parents.

Tell me - just how does causing these kids (and parents) all this anguish fix the immigration policy? Sure, word may trickle down that this is happening and may affect the numbers. But, I'm wiling to bet that the people bringing people here are not telling those fleeing conditions in their respective countries that this is occurring.

Riddick
Pirate

Wrestling With Big Decisions

Post by Riddick » 06-21-2018 03:29 PM

kbot wrote: 06-21-2018 05:57 AM Start country by country, marching down through Central America, get Mexico on-board to accept US military support to stem the flood at their southern border and eradicate the drug cartels inside the Mexican and Central American countries respective borders, round-up the worst offenders, drop them into some hole somewhere, and with those left alive, set them adrift out in the Pacific to fend for themselves.......
Easier said than done. Too bad there's not a "smart" neutron bomb that just takes out the bad actors. We'd be all set
kbot wrote: 06-21-2018 05:57 AM Rebuild the shattered economies of Central America, keep people there to work in a safe environment and build their lives there free of drug lords and gangs and establish trade through the Western Hemisphere.
Again, easier said. Plus, people don't change. Adam and Eve lived in Paradise, and look what happened. Bad actors, it's out with old, in with the new -

How do you keep drugs and thugs from re-asserting themselves? Don't take them to court, just take all drug users, take all drug dealers, line them up against a wall and shoot them?

Hey, it worked in Soviet Russia.
kbot wrote: 06-21-2018 05:57 AM Or is this just too much common sense???????
Too much wishful thinking. Also too much to ask. Trouble with putting thing right is, it's not always pretty.

Hand are tied, if nothing that's done is going to please everyone, how about we just throw our hands up in the air, stop trying to solve problems and give anarchy and entropy a chance?
kbot wrote: 06-21-2018 11:37 AM This isn't "compassion". This is insanity and cruelty at its worst.........
Oh Really? Insanity and cruelty? At its worst? So...Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Putin, Kim Jong Un, et al... Even Satan himself. All saints compared to The Donald! No contest - Hands down it's Trump, the worst there is the worst there was and the worst there'll ever be...."OOOOH Yeah!!"

MSM demagoguing issues much? IMO It's next to non-stop & so way over the top, it's beyond pro wrestling...and I stopped taking pro wrestling seriously half a century ago.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-21-2018 04:41 PM

But, I'm wiling to bet that the people bringing people here are not telling those fleeing conditions in their respective countries that this is occurring.

I doubt that they are Kbot, but money talks. It is a Slave trade boom. By the time they get flown in, just think how many times those children can be sold and used. Quote: "10,000 of the 12,000 children in the care of HHS arrived in the U.S. as unaccompanied minors." http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/tony- ... dna-tests/

Now tell me how did 10 ,000 children get here with out any parents at all! Think about it!? You are looking at the wrong government to blame! Our policies and laws have been that way for years. It is not up to us fix what others do ,nor how they twist and abuse these children. In order to get the power they want and appearently you are willing to give to them. Keep looking ,you have not yet found the "Source" of this deadly scam.
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-21-2018 05:03 PM

Kbot, are you assuming that these illegals are just coming from South America and Mexico? That a big percentage are flown in from the middle east and other Muslim countries. The plot has not changed! :!:
KARMA RULES

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”