All Things Obama/ The Legacy

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: All Things Obama/ The Legacy

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 12:32 PM

I know what you're saying but it seems to me that the Liberals never complained when they win - and if they hate it so much, they do have an avenue to address it and that is to change the law, which they have never tied to do.

Look, this is all very simple - Hillary did not campaign in certain states. She blew them off completely, so as a voter, I'd be upset and not vote for her. Instead, I'd vote for the candidate that came and met with the people in my state and heard out their concerns. Hillary couldn't be bothered and she (as well as the Democrats generally) paid the price.

But, it goes much deeper than this - the demographics have changed. The Democrats lost in record fashion, across the board, from the Congress to state governorships to the house to state offices - people are increasingly voting for the GOP.

I'm not saying this because I like the GOP or Trump, but those are the facts. The voters - in most states, do not like what the Democrats have morphed in to. They have abandoned their traditional base and have gone over to the far, far, far Left wing fringes and have used them and that platform to define their public message. And, while that message may appeal to some, it does not appeal to many, which is why so many Democrats left Hillary hanging and voted for either Trump or a third-party candidate, or stayed home.

And, it's a false argument to say that the popular vote should count more than the electoral college vote - they system was put into place to ensure that one group or one section of the country would not ram their views down the throat of everyone else. Let me put this onto perspective for you. I grew up in a medium-sized, industrial city in Massachusetts. Not a farm in sight. Hardly any non-Catholics in sight. Hardly any blacks in sight. Once I enlisted in the military, I got out into the country and met a lot of other people and stayed in other places and gained new perspectives.

I found out a lot - for one thing - people out there really hate people from Massachusetts :mrgreen: , for another thing, "liberalism" is not the common view in this country. It is with Hollywood and the marketing folks, but otherwise, not so much.... While some liberal ideas do take hold, many people just want to be left alone to live their own lives. The Right used to be viewed, in this country, as the political party that wanted to invade peoples lives "Not in my bedroom!!!!" was the chant of the Left not al that long ago,.

Now the roles are reversed. The Left has become even more intrusive than the Right ever was, and under Hilary, had she won, we'd have twelve years (Obama's eight, plus Hillary's four) with the possibility of another four for sixteen years of ever-increasing government intrusion in our lives. THAT played a part in this election.

In places like California where the populace is so brainwashed that they embrace things like smart technology that monitors and records all their natural gas use and would allow for the possibility of remote adjustment by a utility company, not al parts of the country believe in this. In their view - if you're paying for something, keep your hands off. There was a story on the new this morning about Amazon's product that can potentially record everything no your home and the police now want to subpoena the device. That level of intrusiveness is chilling - but "Silicon Valley", ya know.....?

Imagine if California and California's invasive views ruled the country. What kinda of privacy would their be> If anyone wants to voluntarily do this, fine, more power to them, but much of this is being required by law. Coming from a Liberal's dream of the way society outta be.......

This, and other reasons (like candidates not even mothering to show up....) are the reasons why we have the electoral college. New York and California simply cannot relate to people in the Midwest and south. What works in NY and CA may not work at all elsewhere, yet the Liberals have been intent on crafting laws for some pretty bizarre ideas.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-30-2016 01:14 PM

You are way too rational ,Kbot, we are NOT doing rational at the moment. :shock:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

It's Not Rape When It's Democracy!

Post by Riddick » 12-30-2016 01:21 PM

Raggedyann wrote:If the majority of American voters are left leaning, then so be it, they win. If you live in a rural red state too bad for you. Better luck next time.
Yeah! F*ck rural states. Don't like it? Tough sh!t. Majority rules. Anyone gets screwed let it be the hicks.

Bend over, folks. Being Californicated isn't so bad once you get used to it
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-30-2016 01:26 PM

This is a very good article listing SOME of what Obama has done to the US and it's people, some we won't even know about until Trump takes office. BE AWARE that Trump may be left with no choice, but to be putting out Barry set Fires, for a couple years. 22 Days.......A lot of "Nasty" stuff can still be done, so Hang On! :shock:

THE LEGACY

Obama Uses Final Weeks To Aggressively "Box In" Trump's Administration

Not liking the outcome of the 2016 election, President Obama has apparently made the decision to use his final days in office to do everything possible to "box in" and undermine President-elect Trump.  The latest actions, of course, revolve around sanctions on several Russian entities and the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats for "hacking" the election.  Unfortunately, that move seemingly backfired this morning when Putin announced that he "will not sink to the level of [Obama's] 'kitchen' diplomacy"...apparently "when the Obama's go low, Putin goes high"...to paraphrase the First Lady (see "Putin Stunner: 'We Will Not Expel Anyone; We Refuse To Sink To Obama's Level'").

Meanwhile, the reckless parting moves against Russian aren't the only unilateral actions Obama has made in his waning days to undermine the incoming Trump administration.  He also allowed the UN Security Council to condemn Israeli settlement activity, permanently banned oil and gas drilling large swaths of the Atlantic and Arctic oceans, closed off 1.6 million acres of Western land to development through the creation of new "national monument" and scrapped the last vestiges of a registration system used largely on Muslim immigrants.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-3 ... nistration
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-30-2016 02:04 PM

Well said in print kobot! Thanks from a right wing conservative that does listen to the Bronx native Dr. Michael Savage, with good reception (in the new trucks) and willingly staying tuned to WLS thru static, lightning pops, and white noise in general! :idea:

You wrote: "Now the roles are reversed. The Left has become even more intrusive than the Right ever was, and under Hilary, had she won, we'd have twelve years (Obama's eight, plus Hillary's four) with the possibility of another four for sixteen years of ever-increasing government intrusion in our lives. THAT played a part in this election."

We'd been in neutral too long and the many "what if" years "potential" of what you've noted in total sent shivers down conservative American's spines. And the same thought came to libs growing tougher spines! 8) It's time to reverse the whole rig now and then switch gears to go forward grabbing 1st gear through the 13th! :D

Sic'em Donald :!:

MK II :D
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 03:19 PM

Doka wrote:You are way too rational ,Kbot, we are NOT doing rational at the moment. :shock:

Oh come on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's be rational........... :mrgreen:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 03:24 PM

Malaria_Kidd II wrote:Well said in print kobot! Thanks from a right wing conservative that does listen to the Bronx native Dr. Michael Savage, with good reception (in the new trucks) and willingly staying tuned to WLS thru static, lightning pops, and white noise in general! :idea:

You wrote: "Now the roles are reversed. The Left has become even more intrusive than the Right ever was, and under Hilary, had she won, we'd have twelve years (Obama's eight, plus Hillary's four) with the possibility of another four for sixteen years of ever-increasing government intrusion in our lives. THAT played a part in this election."

We'd been in neutral too long and the many "what if" years "potential" of what you've noted in total sent shivers down conservative American's spines. And the same thought came to libs growing tougher spines! 8) It's time to reverse the whole rig now and then switch gears to go forward grabbing 1st gear through the 13th! :D

Sic'em Donald :!:

MK II :D
Pendulums do swing..........

Riddick
Pirate

On Pendulums & Politics

Post by Riddick » 12-30-2016 04:40 PM

I'll say pendulum swings needn't be such drastic shifts if American politics wasn't so polarized

That said, IF Trump gets the GOP to follow through with an America first populist national and foreign policy? IMHO that'll do way more to help folks on Main Street than anything O ever did -

OTOH, if he does a face-heel turn and ONLY Wall Street & Global Elites benefit? - Well, that'd be like taking that pendulum, polishing it up, turning it sideways & sticking it in America's candy ass.

Polarized is one thing. Sodomized? That's another, brother. After eight years of O banging the chute, I'd like to think we're in for some welcome relief instead of more of the same old shafting
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: On Pendulums & Politics

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 05:04 PM

Riddick wrote:OTOH, if he does a face-heel turn and ONLY Wall Street & Global Elites benefit? - Well, that'd be like taking that pendulum, polishing it up, turning it sideways & sticking it in America's candy ass.

Polarized is one thing. Sodomized? That's another, brother. After eight years of O banging the chute, I'd like to think we're in for some welcome relief instead of more of the same old shafting
You've summed my fears pretty succinctly. I'd like to believe that Trump will help with manufacturing and business, but, you know what they say about politics corrupting.....

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-30-2016 05:42 PM

kbot wrote:I know what you're saying but it seems to me that the Liberals never complained when they win - and if they hate it so much, they do have an avenue to address it and that is to change the law, which they have never tied to do.

Look, this is all very simple - Hillary did not campaign in certain states. She blew them off completely, so as a voter, I'd be upset and not vote for her. Instead, I'd vote for the candidate that came and met with the people in my state and heard out their concerns. Hillary couldn't be bothered and she (as well as the Democrats generally) paid the price.

But, it goes much deeper than this - the demographics have changed. The Democrats lost in record fashion, across the board, from the Congress to state governorships to the house to state offices - people are increasingly voting for the GOP.

I'm not saying this because I like the GOP or Trump, but those are the facts. The voters - in most states, do not like what the Democrats have morphed in to. They have abandoned their traditional base and have gone over to the far, far, far Left wing fringes and have used them and that platform to define their public message. And, while that message may appeal to some, it does not appeal to many, which is why so many Democrats left Hillary hanging and voted for either Trump or a third-party candidate, or stayed home.

And, it's a false argument to say that the popular vote should count more than the electoral college vote - they system was put into place to ensure that one group or one section of the country would not ram their views down the throat of everyone else. Let me put this onto perspective for you. I grew up in a medium-sized, industrial city in Massachusetts. Not a farm in sight. Hardly any non-Catholics in sight. Hardly any blacks in sight. Once I enlisted in the military, I got out into the country and met a lot of other people and stayed in other places and gained new perspectives.

I found out a lot - for one thing - people out there really hate people from Massachusetts :mrgreen: , for another thing, "liberalism" is not the common view in this country. It is with Hollywood and the marketing folks, but otherwise, not so much.... While some liberal ideas do take hold, many people just want to be left alone to live their own lives. The Right used to be viewed, in this country, as the political party that wanted to invade peoples lives "Not in my bedroom!!!!" was the chant of the Left not al that long ago,.

Now the roles are reversed. The Left has become even more intrusive than the Right ever was, and under Hilary, had she won, we'd have twelve years (Obama's eight, plus Hillary's four) with the possibility of another four for sixteen years of ever-increasing government intrusion in our lives. THAT played a part in this election.

In places like California where the populace is so brainwashed that they embrace things like smart technology that monitors and records all their natural gas use and would allow for the possibility of remote adjustment by a utility company, not al parts of the country believe in this. In their view - if you're paying for something, keep your hands off. There was a story on the new this morning about Amazon's product that can potentially record everything no your home and the police now want to subpoena the device. That level of intrusiveness is chilling - but "Silicon Valley", ya know.....?

Imagine if California and California's invasive views ruled the country. What kinda of privacy would their be> If anyone wants to voluntarily do this, fine, more power to them, but much of this is being required by law. Coming from a Liberal's dream of the way society outta be.......

This, and other reasons (like candidates not even mothering to show up....) are the reasons why we have the electoral college. New York and California simply cannot relate to people in the Midwest and south. What works in NY and CA may not work at all elsewhere, yet the Liberals have been intent on crafting laws for some pretty bizarre ideas.......
Full of emotion and Hillary.

I've read many insults in your posts about the left. So now you know what I think of the right. Who the hell cares which state hates which state? Good grief, sounds like kindergarten level whining to me.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Kindergarten Kapers

Post by Riddick » 12-30-2016 06:30 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Who the hell cares which state hates which state? Good grief, sounds like kindergarten whining to me.
State hate? Count me in! I hate The State - One World Government, indivisible, with liberty and justice for none: Like who needs sovereignty, why put America first when you can have fantastic foreign central planners calling all the shots? Global Elites rule, everyone else is a kindergartener -

Yeah, you better believe that's UTOPIA - So be good boys & girls, or NO milk & cookies for YOU!

-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-30-2016 06:32 PM

Doka wrote:Since you , (and your country) appear to embrace "Globalism" the Obama/Soros way, you must be very happy?
The US influence on Canada has worked out well except for a few trade glitches. Europe has also had an influence but I would rather see us influenced by Europe than by Vladimir Putin. :shock: Hey maybe you will become bilingual like Canada. English and Russian. :mrgreen:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-30-2016 11:22 PM

QUOTE:

" Europe has also had an influence but I would rather see us influenced by Europe than by Vladimir Putin. "

What a choice! Obama/Soros plagued Europe or Vladimir Putin? That's kind of like choosing between poison or a bullet. Although at this time Putin looks much "kinder".

I want the people of the world to be able to thrive, if they choose or have the opportunity to do so, of course that depends on their Karma which over rides everything, a small matter that lack of awareness, keeps well hidden.
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-31-2016 12:55 AM

Raggedyann wrote:[

I've read many insults in your posts about the left. So now you know what I think of the right. Who the hell cares which state hates which state? Good grief, sounds like kindergarten level whining to me.
So, policies enacted under Obama hurt people living is certain areas, and when Hillary said that she would continue his policies, they voted against her. Sounds pretty basic to me........

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-31-2016 08:14 AM

kbot wrote:
Raggedyann wrote:[

So, policies enacted under Obama hurt people living is certain areas, and when Hillary said that she would continue his policies, they voted against her. Sounds pretty basic to me........
If the Electoral College remains, at some point somebody that you really like will lose because of it and then you will understand how unfair it is to nullify the vote of millions of people because of an out dated law. I have said many times that I do not like Hillary but like her or not the fact that she isn't the President elect is bizarre.

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”