All Things Obama/ The Legacy

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: All Things Obama/ The Legacy

Post by Raggedyann » 12-29-2016 05:23 AM

I'm sure Obama was never against Gay Marriage, he just had to pretend he was so all the homophobes would vote for him in 2008. Kind of like how Trump said everything many Americans wanted to hear when he actually doesn't believe a word of it himself and has since backtracked on a lot of the nonsense. And let's not forget that Republicans declared they would block O at every turn and they did. Must have pissed O off many times but it's the American people that got stiffed because of stupid people that couldn't stand the thought of having a Black man in the WH. Instead of using his first 2 years to ram everything he wanted through, O mistakenly thought he would be able to take his time and negotiate fairly with idiotic Republicans. I bet he regrets his naive optimism.

The open disrespect and flat out lack of cooperation that was shown to Obama is unprecedented, so don't jump in here and deny racism had anything to do with it. There can be no other reason.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-29-2016 08:28 AM

RA wrote: "Kind of like how Trump said everything many Americans wanted to hear when he actually doesn't believe a word of it himself and has since backtracked on a lot of the nonsense."

:hourglass Sic'em Donald :!:

When you RA have a dog in any future fight between warriors abroad* we won't have to call up into Canada to let you know something's gone wrong, again! With the days numbered lower each day our present POTUS, the 99 Democrats & Republicans in the US Senate, and our Secretary of State daily is muddying the waters with Russia where he and they should not be!

Beginning over 2 years ago there's a day and night stand off on going between NATO troops and Russian troops. Villagers in Lithuania are not accustomed to seeing armed NATO troops in training walking their streets. For that amount of time in eastern Poland and embedded in other countries NE many British troops, many Danish troops, & I've read German special forces, and a few American troops so far but growing in #'s daily are showing the force of NATO's commitment to the Baltic States. Collectively the troops on both sides of any border up there are just one stare away awaiting that quick blink of an eye causing an accidental discharge by a soldier, or caused by a computer's short out/SNAFU or worse from higher ups blaming another shot heard around the world! :oops:

Your bash bent line up above contains the name of one New York City citizen that could diffuse this show of force and take away the stares including the removal of the big guns on rolling stock! Let's hope he has the time very soon requesting his pilot and co-pilot's GPS navigation to fly to and then land safely his 767 Boeing airliner in Moscow with T R U M P decals on both sides! :wink: For Canada's well being too RA. :idea:

At least one of the last two paragraphs are spot on topic concerning our acting POTUS & Co. and I hope it's obvious which one it is. :idea:

MK II :hourglass

Edited for additions by: Malaria_Kidd II on December 29, 2016 :wink:
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 12-29-2016 07:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-29-2016 08:57 AM

Raggedyann wrote:I'm sure Obama was never against Gay Marriage, he just had to pretend he was so all the homophobes would vote for him in 2008. Kind of like how Trump said everything many Americans wanted to hear when he actually doesn't believe a word of it himself and has since backtracked on a lot of the nonsense. And let's not forget that Republicans declared they would block O at every turn and they did. Must have pissed O off many times but it's the American people that got stiffed because of stupid people that couldn't stand the thought of having a Black man in the WH. Instead of using his first 2 years to ram everything he wanted through, O mistakenly thought he would be able to take his time and negotiate fairly with idiotic Republicans. I bet he regrets his naive optimism.

The open disrespect and flat out lack of cooperation that was shown to Obama is unprecedented, so don't jump in here and deny racism had anything to do with it. There can be no other reason.

If we are all racist, towards the black part of Barry. Why didn't White Hillary win, who used the same "platform" to run on as Barry Soetoro Did? :confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-29-2016 12:04 PM

Doka wrote:
Raggedyann wrote:I'm sure Obama was never against Gay Marriage, he just had to pretend he was so all the homophobes would vote for him in 2008. Kind of like how Trump said everything many Americans wanted to hear when he actually doesn't believe a word of it himself and has since backtracked on a lot of the nonsense. And let's not forget that Republicans declared they would block O at every turn and they did. Must have pissed O off many times but it's the American people that got stiffed because of stupid people that couldn't stand the thought of having a Black man in the WH. Instead of using his first 2 years to ram everything he wanted through, O mistakenly thought he would be able to take his time and negotiate fairly with idiotic Republicans. I bet he regrets his naive optimism.

If we are all racist, towards the black part of Barry. Why didn't White Hillary win, who used the same "platform" to run on as Barry Soetoro Did? :confused:
Because she was an awful candidate and people didn't want to see her implement her goals and strategies.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-29-2016 02:28 PM

kbot wrote:
Doka wrote:

Because she was an awful candidate and people didn't want to see her implement her goals and strategies.......
It's a good thing the USA lacks a democratic voting system or Hillary would now be President. :)

Barry Soetoro? Is it too respectful to call him by his real name, Barrack Obama?
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-29-2016 04:30 PM

Raggedyann wrote: It's a good thing the USA lacks a democratic voting system or Hillary would now be President. :)
You see RA, this is where people make mistakes, assuming that the US is a "democracy". The US is NOT a democracy, it is constitutional republic. Like it or not, we've been that since Day 1.

I know that it is problematic and inconvenient, but, that's the fact.

Also, while Hillary won the popular vote, that is not what our law calls for - and Hillary or Obama< if they do not like the law as written know what they would have to do, which is to change the Constitution.

Even then, the popular vote premise is kinda false since if you take away the two most populous states, New York and California, and take away their votes, Trump would have won.

I don't say this because I'm a Trump fan - I'm not, but just to point out that the law was written the way that it was so that no one, two, or three states can run roughshod over the other 49, 48, or 47 states - all of whom have as much right to cast a vote as someone in, in this case, the most liberal states out there.

In essence, the US has fifty-one separate elections (all the states and DC). The candidates MUST campaign in each state in order to have any shot at winning the electoral college. Hillary made a deliberate decision to not campaign in certain states and she (rightfully) lost in those states.

It's not all that difficult to understand...... :D
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

The Great Californication

Post by Riddick » 12-29-2016 05:55 PM

kbot wrote:the law was written the way that it was so that no one, two, or three states can run roughshod over the other 49, 48, or 47 states - all of whom have as much right to cast a vote as someone in, in this case, the most liberal states out there.

In essence, the US has fifty-one separate elections (all the states and DC). The candidates MUST campaign in each state in order to have any shot at winning the electoral college. Hillary made a deliberate decision to not campaign in certain states and she (rightfully) lost in those states.

It's not all that difficult to understand...... :D
Simple enough, for sure - as it turns out California alone accounted for more than Hillary's national popular-vote edge. So sans the Electoral College they'd have run roughshod over the other 49 states. 'Course, now CA has to live with a White House resident not of their choosing... Or DO they?

Facing four years of Trump, more than a few frustrated folks there are calling for a Calexit - Hey now, there ya go! It actually happens, that kills two birds with one stone.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Moniker Mayhem

Post by Riddick » 12-29-2016 06:35 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Barry Soetoro? Is it too respectful to call him by his real name, Barrack Obama?
How about a compromise? Forget first & last names: Let's meet in the middle! Hussein! THERE'S a respected name eh?

Still, in the end analysis simply as an all-around 'sum-it' choice? I gotta go with 'O'. It's respectful AND representative.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: Moniker Mayhem

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-29-2016 08:22 PM

Riddick wrote:
Raggedyann wrote:Barry Soetoro? Is it too respectful to call him by his real name, Barrack Obama?
How about a compromise? Forget first & last names: Let's meet in the middle! Hussein! THERE'S a respected name eh?

Still, in the end analysis simply as an all-around 'sum-it' choice? I gotta go with 'O'. It's respectful AND representative.
That simplified this unprecedented "wild & woolly, no holds barred" election results kbot, thanks! 8)

That name was very respected via mass murder and mayhem in Iraq's brief history Riddick. :oops: I take it the big O meant not much accomplished? :P

Doc Savage many years back settled for naming him just B.O. for short. :P

We must take note again of Cherry Kelly's eye brow riser's contribution about his birth hospital's name change in Hawaii vs his actual birth date not entering it's original name at that time but the new name. His given name on the certificate is B.H.O. and not Barry Soetoro and I find that a strange thing. :? Since his pops name was B.H.O. too. :idea:

MK II :|
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 12-30-2016 12:27 AM, edited 1 time in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-29-2016 10:39 PM

Even your big hero Trump concedes that Obama was born in the U.S.

Kbot - Amazing how the most populated states are punished because they are the most populated states. Makes no sense to me. I might understand if states had a fair ratio of electoral voters across the board but they don't. Every country in the developed world has highly populated regions and less populated regions but they use the popular vote system, as they should.

Let's not kid ourselves, if this voting fiasco had been in favour of the Democrats but the Republican won the popular vote, you would all be screaming bloody murder to get rid of the Electoral College. :roll:

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-30-2016 12:32 AM

RA writes: "Even your big hero Trump concedes that Obama was born in the U.S."

I can make the assumption that Arizona's Sheriff Joe Arpaio never will concede to that idea. :wink:

MK II :|

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 05:05 AM

Raggedyann wrote:Even your big hero Trump concedes that Obama was born in the U.S.

Kbot - Amazing how the most populated states are punished because they are the most populated states. Makes no sense to me. I might understand if states had a fair ratio of electoral voters across the board but they don't. Every country in the developed world has highly populated regions and less populated regions but they use the popular vote system, as they should.

Let's not kid ourselves, if this voting fiasco had been in favour of the Democrats but the Republican won the popular vote, you would all be screaming bloody murder to get rid of the Electoral College. :roll:
Not sure if I agree with you "as they should" assertion. In an ideal world, anyone voted-in by the popular vote would look out for the best interests for everyone. In the hyper partisan politics that the US has found itself mired-in for decades now, I don't know if electing someone that can truly represent everyone is possible anymore. We have just had eight years of the Left pandering to the special interests of the bi-coastal elites, essentially dissing the beliefs of voters in the Midwest and southern states. An analogy would be having someone from Quebec, supported by French-speaking voters imposing their views and beliefs on the rest of Canada. It probably wouldn't go over well well with the folks in Toronto or Vancouver.

And, gain, I'm not in favor of Trump - I wasn't in favor of Hillary either. Both were disaster candidates, and Trump scares he crap outta me, but, Hillary knew the rules regarding the electoral college well before this election season started, and she made a conscious decision to avoid campaigning in some states. Obama saw that and went himself to try to sway voters, but honestly, if you can't even go at least once to visit a state, that says a lot about how you feel towards voters in that state - at least, that's how we view things here. Hilary lost states that Obama won twice, so, it's not the platform, as much as the person....... Hillary had very high negatives.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-30-2016 10:04 AM

Kbot - It should make no difference where people live for their votes to be individually counted. The only reason the right wing love the Electoral College is because the heavily populated coastal states are predominantly liberal. If the majority of American voters are left leaning, then so be it, they win. If you live in a rural red state too bad for you. Better luck next time. To use an archaic system that is meaningless in this day and age to rig an election is wrong.

In Canada, our conservative leaning provinces are Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. In our last election they voted conservative and they lost as all the other provinces voted Liberal. Many times in our history they have won as the heavily populated provinces also voted conservative. It is up to the political parties to win over the majority of voters and not rely on a handful of people brought in after the fact to conveniently disregard the will of the majority. The location of the majority of the voters is irrelevant, unless of course you are a right wing thinker, as they tend to disregard facts and base their opinion on emotion instead of logic.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-30-2016 12:10 PM

Our Representative Republic has served us well for over 250 years, thank you. Obama is the one trying to change it into a plain democracy, that of "Mob Rule", he has perverted our Constitution to his Way, in order to to embrace Globalization , his way. Most, the close to 3 million people do not appreciate being "steam rolled" into slavery, his way.

Since you , (and your country) appear to embrace "Globalism" the Obama/Soros way, you must be very happy? Maybe want every one to share your joy, but I for one will take what I voted for, thank you . Canada is fast becoming as divided and mangled as you have apparently cheerfully watched in the US , with the not so cheerful group here. Since you love Obama so much, you can keep him, be assured that Obama is at Mr Trudeau's beck and call to help you and your country look just like Germany and the Merkel and the Obama are very very good at what they do........Destroyer of Nations. Do I need to name them?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 12:32 PM

I know what you're saying but it seems to me that the Liberals never complained when they win - and if they hate it so much, they do have an avenue to address it and that is to change the law, which they have never tied to do.

Look, this is all very simple - Hillary did not campaign in certain states. She blew them off completely, so as a voter, I'd be upset and not vote for her. Instead, I'd vote for the candidate that came and met with the people in my state and heard out their concerns. Hillary couldn't be bothered and she (as well as the Democrats generally) paid the price.

But, it goes much deeper than this - the demographics have changed. The Democrats lost in record fashion, across the board, from the Congress to state governorships to the house to state offices - people are increasingly voting for the GOP.

I'm not saying this because I like the GOP or Trump, but those are the facts. The voters - in most states, do not like what the Democrats have morphed in to. They have abandoned their traditional base and have gone over to the far, far, far Left wing fringes and have used them and that platform to define their public message. And, while that message may appeal to some, it does not appeal to many, which is why so many Democrats left Hillary hanging and voted for either Trump or a third-party candidate, or stayed home.

And, it's a false argument to say that the popular vote should count more than the electoral college vote - they system was put into place to ensure that one group or one section of the country would not ram their views down the throat of everyone else. Let me put this onto perspective for you. I grew up in a medium-sized, industrial city in Massachusetts. Not a farm in sight. Hardly any non-Catholics in sight. Hardly any blacks in sight. Once I enlisted in the military, I got out into the country and met a lot of other people and stayed in other places and gained new perspectives.

I found out a lot - for one thing - people out there really hate people from Massachusetts :mrgreen: , for another thing, "liberalism" is not the common view in this country. It is with Hollywood and the marketing folks, but otherwise, not so much.... While some liberal ideas do take hold, many people just want to be left alone to live their own lives. The Right used to be viewed, in this country, as the political party that wanted to invade peoples lives "Not in my bedroom!!!!" was the chant of the Left not al that long ago,.

Now the roles are reversed. The Left has become even more intrusive than the Right ever was, and under Hilary, had she won, we'd have twelve years (Obama's eight, plus Hillary's four) with the possibility of another four for sixteen years of ever-increasing government intrusion in our lives. THAT played a part in this election.

In places like California where the populace is so brainwashed that they embrace things like smart technology that monitors and records all their natural gas use and would allow for the possibility of remote adjustment by a utility company, not al parts of the country believe in this. In their view - if you're paying for something, keep your hands off. There was a story on the new this morning about Amazon's product that can potentially record everything no your home and the police now want to subpoena the device. That level of intrusiveness is chilling - but "Silicon Valley", ya know.....?

Imagine if California and California's invasive views ruled the country. What kinda of privacy would their be> If anyone wants to voluntarily do this, fine, more power to them, but much of this is being required by law. Coming from a Liberal's dream of the way society outta be.......

This, and other reasons (like candidates not even mothering to show up....) are the reasons why we have the electoral college. New York and California simply cannot relate to people in the Midwest and south. What works in NY and CA may not work at all elsewhere, yet the Liberals have been intent on crafting laws for some pretty bizarre ideas.......

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”