Attack on Brussels

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Attack on Brussels

Post by kbot » 03-22-2016 05:51 AM

Sad morning for the Belgian people - and people across Europe generally.

On the way in to work this morning, I was listening to the Boston stations talking about how this attack shows how poorly Hillary's overly welcoming position is, and how Trump's stronger stance makes him appear in a better light.

Too early to tell, but, I think they're correct........

At least 13 killed in terror attacks at Brussels airport, Metro station

BREAKING: At least 13 people were killed and dozens of others were injured in twin terror attacks on the Brussels airport and subway system Tuesday morning.

The attacks came four days after the main suspect in the November Paris attacks was arrested in Brussels. After his arrest, Salah Abdeslam told authorities he had created a new network and was planning new attacks. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for Tuesday's attacks.

Two explosions rocked the departure hall at the Brussels airport shortly after 8 a.m. local time. (3 a.m. ET). Witnesses told The Associated Press that one occurred at an excess baggage payment counter and the other near a Starbucks cafe.

Reuters, citing the Belga news agency, reported that shots were fired and shouting in Arabic was heard before the explosions.

Belgium's interior minister announced that the terror threat was being raised to its maximum level. All flights were canceled, arriving planes and trains were diverted and Belgium's terror alert level was raised to its highest level. Authorities told people in Brussels to stay where they were, bringing the city to a standstill. Airport security was also tightened in Paris, London and other European cities.

Zach Mouzoun, who arrived on a flight from Geneva about 10 minutes before the first blast, told BFM television that the second, louder explosion brought down ceilings and ruptured pipes, mixing water with blood from victims.

"It was atrocious. The ceilings collapsed," he said. "There was blood everywhere, injured people, bags everywhere."

"We were walking in the debris. It was a war scene," he said.

About 80 minutes after the airport blasts, an explosion was reported at the Maelbeek subway station, not far from the headquarters of the European Union. Rescue workers set up a makeshift treatment center in a local pub. Dazed and shocked morning travelers streamed from the metro entrances as police tried to set up a security cordon.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/22 ... iport.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Re: Attack on Brussels

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-22-2016 10:03 AM

Read the reports, saw pictures first thing this morning. Then read also read on drudgereport.com that ISIS celebrates the attacks.

All of Europe is now on alert, and alert has been called in the USA as well.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-22-2016 10:55 AM

What I had heard on the news was that Belgium had been expecting an attack for a while now
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-22-2016 07:20 PM

Chilling photos of the three and two of them with gloves on one hand and understanding how and why that is.

Some neighborhoods in France/Belgium completely taken over by Muslims and you only go there to buy Hash. What do they expect.

Europe in general has not handed their "immigration" situation well and we are on the same path.
A man's character is his fate

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-22-2016 11:21 PM

Hey Dio,

Sad deal, the real horror is that it is something we need to get used to . As it is not just something that is going away real soon. I have been listening to several Muslim speakers, who are american as well as foreign born, they all stated that it is around 10% of the Muslim population, that has gone totally nuts, radical. Population wise , probably the fastest growing , in the world. But, some are working on refomation,which I find encouraging.

Europe is so tiny compared to the US, it was almost over run and overwhelmed immediately.

I might add that some people in this country has become so PC and just plain dumb ,that just the idea of watching after themselves, might be way too much to ask! :roll:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-23-2016 01:03 AM

MSNBC Terror Analyst Blames Belgium Society for Bombings

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nichola ... y-bombings
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-23-2016 07:55 AM

Lot's of "sick " people running around. So much" Guilt " to spead and so little time. :evil:

"Have you hugged a terrorist today? No, shame on you!"
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-23-2016 04:07 PM

Open door policies suck.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-23-2016 05:28 PM

Riddick wrote:MSNBC Terror Analyst Blames Belgium Society for Bombings

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nichola ... y-bombings
Sounds about right - blame the victims..... gotta love MSNBC and their twisted form of logic.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-23-2016 09:26 PM

Doka wrote:Hey Dio,

Sad deal, the real horror is that it is something we need to get used to . As it is not just something that is going away real soon. I have been listening to several Muslim speakers, who are american as well as foreign born, they all stated that it is around 10% of the Muslim population, that has gone totally nuts, radical. Population wise , probably the fastest growing , in the world. But, some are working on refomation,which I find encouraging.

Europe is so tiny compared to the US, it was almost over run and overwhelmed immediately.

I might add that some people in this country has become so PC and just plain dumb ,that just the idea of watching after themselves, might be way too much to ask! :roll:
Doka,

The PC indoctrination has become dangerous and made soft brained folks mush. Afraid of their own shadows. Correct about Europe becoming overrun and so tell me something - why in the hell didn't the powers that be go into those known Muslim fanatical and up to no good communities and go door to door and straighten things out. They allowed those pockets (France does as well) too fester and then blow. If you can believe what you read they Brussel authorities knew about the pending attack and were so impotent, they did nothing. Now that I find so egregious I find it painful to believe. If it is only about 10% of the Muslim community which is whacko where in the hell are the other 90 deploring and railing on these activities. Makes me wonder. :confused:

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-23-2016 09:58 PM

I do find it hard to believe that Brussels knew about an impending attack and did nothing. In fact I don't believe it at all. They may have known an attack was imminent but if they don't how or where, what can be done to stop it or save lives? But then the US had warning of a 9/11 attack and apparently did nothing, so who really knows? With so many terrorists out there it must be quite challenging to pin point every threat.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-24-2016 10:18 AM

I never did or will believe the US knew about the type of attack - 911. Nor do I believe Brussels knew about the attack prior to the event.

Some might ask why. Logic. Prior to 911 the 'warning' about a plane attacks lacked anything more that 'had warning of plane attacks' and up to that time plane attacks were when hijackers took planes of passengers and diverted them elsewhere - held hostages for $$. In the case of Brussels, they knew about the attack in France and the shooting in California. Those attacks were with what? Oh ya guns shooting people.

How could any country who receives, hears of some kind of attack - know particulars? Know where to provide extra security? Then after it happens have people say oh they were warned?

RIGHT NOW here in the USA - we do have warnings about being inundated with higher numbers of illegals flooding our borders and it IS happening. What can we do about it?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-24-2016 11:29 AM

This is the article which I read yesterday - if you can believe it.

There was a high degree of certainty there would be an attack at the airport - again if this is accurate I have no clue.

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/1.710572

I'm also reading and listening to people who indicate the Brussels police are not up for this - holes in their ability to deal with these threats in their country.

Well that I do believe because Europe it appears has reached critical mass in terms of their allowing folks in and this is what you get- apparently.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-24-2016 03:02 PM

ISIS has killed many more Muslims than people in the west. But these killings rarely make the news.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-24-2016 09:34 PM

Raggedyann wrote:ISIS has killed many more Muslims than people in the west. But these killings rarely make the news.

Islam is complicated. ISIS is one of the most fundamental of sects. I can only state it as I understand it, that being said, ISIS insisists in taking every violent bit of the Koran to heart, kill the infidel, as well as their own, if they are non-compliant re: THEIR RULES. They are basically right out of the "Dark Ages" . I have no idea how one stops it, as nothing means anything to them except getting rid of every human on earth that does not follow The Rules of Sharia. You may find more info on line. You may also find more information on your question under the title of Genocide.
KARMA RULES

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”