Being The Donald

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Being The Donald

Post by Riddick » 03-06-2016 05:40 AM

Doka wrote:
voguy wrote:But getting back to Trump, while his appeal of being an outsider and the fly in the ointment of the RNC, he would make a horrible Commander in Chief. Being the leader of a country is different than a real estate tycoon. Trump would bring to this country the worse gridlock of all, and perhaps invite in dangers to our shores by his rhetoric.

Trump would shake things up, but I fear he's shaking nitro glycerin thinking it's a fine martini.
Worse than obama? Your kidding, right. We still have 8 months of being reduced to Total rubble if Trump where to be Pres. Be assured that their will be nothing left for him to destroy.
Oh, I dunno... Not at all well, the middle class has yet to be completely destroyed, and even as it's been going on for decades (under numerous Dem and Rep admins and really gaining steam under both W and O), utter obliteration's still a ways off -

Still, I'd say in no small way it's the not at all utterly nonsensical notion no one inside the Beltway genuinely gives a fock if America's middle class goes extinct eventually if not sooner that fuels the Trump phenomenon, for better or for worse.

I can certainly see for some to scratch that itch to send a populist-nativist strong man figure to the WH gives a great sense of satisfaction. Middle class MADE the country great! If he's playing all sides against the middle, so what, we still win.

Making America great again, a great slogan. Ideas big for sure, details, meh. He also has demonstrably great gall, if that translates to great fortitude in the face of great adversity, who knows? At least Trump has HAD experience with bankruptcy.

As agents of socio-economic destruction exist both within AND without, you can bet a Trump administration mixes it up TOO much, it'll have transglobalists with their own great agenda banging the door. Extra dry nitro glycerin martini, anyone?

Granted, Trump's 'anything goes' has blown apart the GOP's status quo, and NOT by necessity is that bad for the party, OR the American body politic... yet IS there such a thing as going too far: The Donald? I can't help but have my doubts there.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-06-2016 10:20 AM

Doka wrote:Worse than obama? Your kidding, right. We still have 8 months of being reduced to Total rubble if Trump where to be Pres. Be assured that their will be nothing left for him to destroy.
I wonder about the qualifications of of our Founding Fathers? What kind of things did they have on their resumes', the majority where wealthy by the way.
I'm not comparing Trump to Obama. In fact both have different and unique (dysfunctional) agendas and ways they solve problems. To compare Trump and Obama is like comparing two South American dictators. My point is, Trump does not have the diplomacy nor the wisdom to serve as a leader. In business you don't necessarily need that if you have enough money and can bully your way though a situation.

As for our founding fathers; consider this. The founding fathers had "skin" invested in their outcomes. Washington was a military man and he fought, as did many of our other founding fathers. Had they been caught they would have been executed. The plethora of politicians we have today are chicken sheets. Can you honestly tell me Obama, Trump, or any of the numerous idiots we have in office today would actually fight? NO they wouldn't. They would find someone's kid to go fight while they retreated to their bunker.

You can't make the draw between the founding fathers and the dickweeds we have today because the founding fathers were invested in their own lives. They also didn't want the positions they had because it paid nothing as compared to what they made on their farms. And it took a huge toll on them physically.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-06-2016 12:04 PM

When you get into questioning motives it is like trying to turn on your crystal ball. I can only work backwards from what I know. Hillery is female, obama, will get the same and probably worse.

Bernie , a loveable, sincere Marxist, who is in over his head. By his his own admission, will have to tax us to death to get his 15 trillion , 4 year budget in play.

Cruz, probably has the best credentuals, but he smacks of "Establishment" and like Trump he is "Iffy" Unlike Trump he can't get any traction. More in tune with the people.

Trump, Has traction, electabilty and a mystery. There are some things , I know he is capable of, like putting together an excellent cabnet and cutting waste, you cannot run a sucessful anything with "dead weight" dragging you down. Lot's more etcs, I'm not going into. He has His Own Money Invested.

Then we have the current "powers that be" that may choose to "Never Let Go" Make the whole conversation, moot, only wishful thinking on our part. The only thing for sure that I can guarentee is, nothing is ever going to be the same again.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-06-2016 04:06 PM

In the pro wrestling world, the way it's supposed to work 'faces' get the cheers, 'heels' get the jeers. In performing their roles, each has their ways to "get over" with the audience.

Brock Lesnar, a uncontrollable monster "rule-breaker" is supposed to be a heel, but the masses like him 'cause of his strong man dish-it-out take-no-sh!t persona.

In the case of a 'tweener' there's always the question of which side of The Force they're on at any moment.

Is Trump a face or a heel? Or a tweener?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-06-2016 09:17 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Fantasy? Or Reality? - Potential Decision '16 FALL BRAWL Simulation

Post by Riddick » 03-06-2016 09:52 PM

Last edited by Riddick on 03-06-2016 10:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-06-2016 10:21 PM

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-07-2016 06:56 AM

OK, does this remind anyone else of Nuremberg?

There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-07-2016 09:27 AM

Oh My gods, I see that every where, Cough, Cough, Cough! :mrgreen:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-07-2016 12:06 PM

You've seen other candidates "requesting" their supporters for a pledge????????
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-07-2016 12:28 PM

I will vote Trump even if I have to write him in. Having voted since I turned 18 - and born a baby-boomer, I've haven't missed an election.

Cruz is not an American. His birth certificate says he is a Canadian. And after what I read and heard in IA - well? Then in TX when Trump voters took their votes to be registered and had them show up Rubio and Cruz. Then another Cruz win where more votes than people in some precincts? And one individual I know personally out in KS who was in a group of several hundred who were lined up to vote for Trump and TURNED away by someone going down the line and declaring their voter registration to be "out of date". The friend is older and was very upset and then said she'd heard of other areas as well. YET - when their county vote totals showed up it was if all had voted Cruz.

Trump can get things done and pick the right people to accomplish the jobs they are qualified to do. I also firmly believe him when he has put forth ideas such as a thorough investigation of SS payments going out to "controllers" for seniors - who are still receiving those payments several years after the person is deceased. I also believe he will make all these other supposedly gov't groups account for their spending as well. The three letter groups who far exceed the original jobs they were supposed to be doing and not all the excess they are doing now.

I also like Trump's medical comments, getting rid of ACA (ObamaCare) and opening state borders to allow insurance companies to be in all states. It will help lower insurance rates - competition! Also the way overcharged medical pills.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-07-2016 01:30 PM

Kbot - The Raise your right hand order was Trump's way of letting his followers know he didn't really mean it when he disavowed David Duke. :D

This episode of American life would be funny if it wasn't so repulsive.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-07-2016 03:26 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Kbot - The Raise your right hand order was Trump's way of letting his followers know he didn't really mean it when he disavowed David Duke. :D

I think that a lot of people are looking at the whole sorry state of affairs in the 2016 election and are asking "WTF!?!??!??!"

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-07-2016 03:28 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote:I will vote Trump even if I have to write him in. Having voted since I turned 18 - and born a baby-boomer, I've haven't missed an election.

Cruz is not an American. His birth certificate says he is a Canadian. And after what I read and heard in IA - well? Then in TX when Trump voters took their votes to be registered and had them show up Rubio and Cruz. Then another Cruz win where more votes than people in some precincts? And one individual I know personally out in KS who was in a group of several hundred who were lined up to vote for Trump and TURNED away by someone going down the line and declaring their voter registration to be "out of date". The friend is older and was very upset and then said she'd heard of other areas as well. YET - when their county vote totals showed up it was if all had voted Cruz.

Trump can get things done and pick the right people to accomplish the jobs they are qualified to do. I also firmly believe him when he has put forth ideas such as a thorough investigation of SS payments going out to "controllers" for seniors - who are still receiving those payments several years after the person is deceased. I also believe he will make all these other supposedly gov't groups account for their spending as well. The three letter groups who far exceed the original jobs they were supposed to be doing and not all the excess they are doing now.

I also like Trump's medical comments, getting rid of ACA (ObamaCare) and opening state borders to allow insurance companies to be in all states. It will help lower insurance rates - competition! Also the way overcharged medical pills.
I started to like Trump at first, but then he just lost me along with way. Part of this may be due to the debate process with the moderators letting the candidates get off-topic so much, which doesn't appear to be much of an issue in the Democrat debates. I'd like to hear more than "I have a lot of ideas, great ideas, and it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great...."

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-07-2016 06:40 PM

kbot wrote:
Raggedyann wrote:Kbot - The Raise your right hand order was Trump's way of letting his followers know he didn't really mean it when he disavowed David Duke. :D

I think that a lot of people are looking at the whole sorry state of affairs in the 2016 election and are asking "WTF!?!??!??!"
All politicians spout off that everything will great again in various ways. That's par for course. But I've never before seen a candidate mock a disabled person, or urge people to beat other people up. He obviously knows his base and is exploiting the fact that these people are mean and stupid enough to feed his ego.

People have become so apathetic about lying politicians that they think his antics are just one big fun act to get elected. The followers that ignore his outspoken unkind rhetoric, believe he will suddenly turn into a nice guy if he wins the Presidency, or that other powers will keep him in check. Who knows how many other people in power secretly agree with his rhetoric? A risky and dangerous game!
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”