Being The Donald

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Re: Being The Donald

Post by Doka » 03-04-2016 02:09 PM

I have no problem with Mr Cruz, if you think the Repubs are in meltdown now , see what happens to the Dems, if Cruze even looks like he may move up in the polls.

Cute Mr Rubio is a sell out a "turncoat" with his association with the "Gang of 8" the other "sell outs".

Trump has some unintened consequences that I don't mind seeing.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-04-2016 02:42 PM

Doka wrote:A point to ponder if I may. If you think you all are suffering from this circus, you need to take a look at the terrorized politicians, the same ones, that have actively taken the bucks to terrorize the people and the ones who sat passively by and let it be done. It is a small moment, enjoy it for what it is. Politicians have to meet their own karma too, at one point or another.
Is kinda fun watching them squirm..........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-04-2016 05:05 PM

kbot wrote:No substantive discussion of issues - except by Governor Kasich, and he's getting very little attention from those asking the questions.
Believe me, you DON'T want Kasich in the oval office. He's a loon.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-04-2016 05:12 PM

Doka wrote:I have no problem with Mr Cruz, if you think the Repubs are in meltdown now , see what happens to the Dems, if Cruze even looks like he may move up in the polls.
Cute Mr Rubio is a sell out a "turncoat" with his association with the "Gang of 8" the other "sell outs".
The clown show on both sides is perhaps the best reflection of government gone bad. It is arguably the best reason for making states sovereign nations. Has the U.S. government become one of those "too big to fail" entities?

I have every intent to vote for Gary Johnson because I can't in good conscience vote for any republican or democrat. Do I think he'll win? Probably not. But on the other hand, I don't want to be a part of the sheeple movement of voting for someone to express my faith to a party such as the republicans or democrats. In all honesty, I would feel dirty for doing so. A political whore.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-04-2016 06:27 PM

voguy wrote:
Doka wrote:I have no problem with Mr Cruz, if you think the Repubs are in meltdown now , see what happens to the Dems, if Cruze even looks like he may move up in the polls.
The clown show on both sides is perhaps the best reflection of government gone bad. It is arguably the best reason for making states sovereign nations. Has the U.S. government become one of those "too big to fail" entities?

I have every intent to vote for Gary Johnson because I can't in good conscience vote for any republican or democrat. Do I think he'll win? Probably not. But on the other hand, I don't want to be a part of the sheeple movement of voting for someone to express my faith to a party such as the republicans or democrats. In all honesty, I would feel dirty for doing so. A political whore.

Ah! Another vote for Hillary. :confused: I have never been able to understand people who drill holes in their own boat. But, what ever. :wink:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-04-2016 08:27 PM

Doka wrote:Ah! Another vote for Hillary. :confused: I have never been able to understand people who drill holes in their own boat. But, what ever. :wink:
It's a vote for Johnson or sit it out. As much as I like the fact Trump is pressing issues which have never been touched before, the man is not leadership material. He's a businessman, not a leader.

Riddick
Pirate

The Donald, Then And Now

Post by Riddick » 03-05-2016 07:20 AM

voguy wrote:
Doka wrote:Ah! Another vote for Hillary. :confused: I have never been able to understand people who drill holes in their own boat. But, what ever. :wink:
It's a vote for Johnson or sit it out. As much as I like the fact Trump is pressing issues which have never been touched before, the man is not leadership material. He's a businessman, not a leader.
Would you believe describing politics as a mean life where folks with right yet not necessarily popular ideas have it hard competing against great smiles and no great brains, a young Trump said he'd no designs on the leader of the free world job...?

Now well-aged, with accompanying 'street smart' business wisdom (as compared to overly-intellectualizing braininess), he's also got the strong talk, slogan AND smile. Add his anti-Establishment cred, and he's all some folks want in a leader.

Insofar besides short on detail more than a few of his notions are... well to be nice let's just say shades of iffy, some would say this is not the time to be all nit-picky; AMERICA came to be with a GREAT BIG idea and with Trump it will be great again.

Or not: Hey, there are no guarantees. Campaign promises are a dime a dozen. You can buy 'em, but once you do there's no cash value. If return on investment turns out anything but negative THAT would be great... and IMHO Trump's no exception.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-05-2016 07:32 AM

I'll just leave this here...
Mad.jpg
Mad.jpg (38.56 KiB) Viewed 1472 times

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-05-2016 09:16 AM

Just an observation here. Another reason why Trump has been such a "Shock Jock" is that he is not a politician, I doubt you will ever see him out "kissing babies", and definately not a smooth talker. In my opinion he is a mans man, something so shocking these days, it is like something new in this day and age. After what seems like for ever of "Man bashing" and excuse the term of "Pussiefing" of men. This fake war on women has cost the guys a lot, and men have been nuetered and sent to the shadows. T he other night when Trump and Rubio obviously slipped into a little "man talk", I would just bet more Men where "offended" than women. Todays touchy, feely,yes dear guys have just become one of the girls . Or skip to the other end of the spectrum, of bullys, control freaks. The ones in the middle struggle along. One thing for sure, we all have a lot in common with each other, when the government is so busy defining our roles for us , it's a mess. An un-natural mess.
KARMA RULES

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-05-2016 11:50 AM

Ahh yes, watching that last debate (if one could even call it that) - the funniest was the bit about hands. It brought laughter from both men and women. The rest of the debate (ahem) was ehh...

What was really also hilarious was Cruz - talking (at the time not about Trump) was that Cruz was merely telling people what he would do - which if one goes back are things Trump had already talked about doing. All Cruz did was change the verbiage around a little here and there to make it sound like he personally had thought of it. However, it was like hearing a verbalized cut/paste from things Trump had talked about on several prior times.

As for Kasich - was almost like hearing some of Jeb's old stuff about well I did this as Governor. Boring!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-05-2016 12:45 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote:As for Kasich - was almost like hearing some of Jeb's old stuff about well I did this as Governor. Boring!
Kasich is just a country bumpkin who wants a big job. Had he paid attention to his own state, perhaps he would run on record on record. John is one of those who has mastered the corporate way to spin statistics and failures to appear pleasing.

But getting back to Trump, while his appeal of being an outsider and the fly in the ointment of the RNC, he would make a horrible Commander in Chief. Being the leader of a country is different than a real estate tycoon. Trump would bring to this country the worse gridlock of all, and perhaps invite in dangers to our shores by his rhetoric.

Trump would shake things up, but I fear he's shaking nitro glycerin thinking it's a fine martini.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-05-2016 05:04 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote:...and this morning they had Romney on to tell more lies about Trump -- WONDER how much the GOP PAC paid him to do that??

After Trump had tried to help Romney who messed up big time... and now this? Romney just praised Trump not that many months ago... so we ALL know that R must have been paid big $$$ to reverse what he said just a few months ago.
CK I admit to being surprised by this - I actually thought better of him and frankly thought it would be beneath him. I agree completely with you and Doka- the entrenched establishment is squirming because there is someone who doesn't "need" their money, thus they lose control. Mitt's play Thursday hours before the debate was clearly strategic, coupled with the gang banging of Cruz and Rubio. All clearly very well planned.
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-05-2016 06:00 PM

So um, what do you all think will happen if the head people deny Trump the nomination at the convention? Riots maybe? Could this be the catalyst of a long anticipated national revolt?
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-05-2016 07:44 PM

Raggedyann wrote:So um, what do you all think will happen if the head people deny Trump the nomination at the convention? Riots maybe? Could this be the catalyst of a long anticipated national revolt?

Hard to say Ra. We need some "fairy dust" or a good smooch , to wake people up. :roll:
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-05-2016 10:35 PM

voguy wrote:
But getting back to Trump, while his appeal of being an outsider and the fly in the ointment of the RNC, he would make a horrible Commander in Chief. Being the leader of a country is different than a real estate tycoon. Trump would bring to this country the worse gridlock of all, and perhaps invite in dangers to our shores by his rhetoric.

Trump would shake things up, but I fear he's shaking nitro glycerin thinking it's a fine martini.

Worse than obama? Your kidding, right. We still have 8 months of being reduced to Total rubble if Trump where to be Pres. Be assured that their will be nothing left for him to destroy.

I wonder about the qualifications of of our Founding Fathers? What kind of things did they have on their resumes', the majority where wealthy by the way.
KARMA RULES

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”