Being The Donald

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Re: Being The Donald

Post by voguy » 06-16-2016 07:31 PM

Hey, let's not forget the gems out of the mouths of Sharpton, Jackson, Harry Reid, and even Debbie Wasserman "Pocoliarness" Schultz.

Face it, if they have not said anything racist or denigrating it's probably because they didn't say anything at all. Honestly, when you look at a list of people who have not said anything insulting, usually there are no quotes attributed to them or and news stories worth meriting.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-17-2016 03:19 AM

Of course they've ALL made derogatory remarks - but the media covers for them and doesn't air them 24/7/365.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-17-2016 04:43 PM

kbot wrote:Of course they've ALL made derogatory remarks - but the media covers for them and doesn't air them 24/7/365.......
Sadly, I have to say you're right, having worked in the incestuous craft for more years that I liked. The reporting is unbalanced and many times slanted because of affiliations. The only ones denying this are those who have the same affiliations.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-19-2016 10:44 AM

The media - controlled by?? can we say AP - can we say mainly by Dem party? Or does the media just do negatives to make the people angry enough to vote the opposite? Psychologically speaking any of these could be considered as the answer.

Every day we hear about hundreds if not thousands more illegals just waltzing in across the borders. No one stops them and we wonder why? No idea who they are, where they came from (originally) or where they will be in the USA. WHY isn't it being stopped? We hear/read short articles (hidden sometimes) about killings (done by illegals) and arrests. Illegals who were deported several times and somehow back again and committing more crimes - not always killings, but thefts and fires.

As noted from a response to Trump's rally: "If Trump can accomplish one thing - THE WALL - it would be worth voting for him."

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-19-2016 03:23 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote:The media - controlled by?? can we say AP
Associated Press?
WHY isn't it being stopped?
Very good reason. Politicians, all of them, have for the last few decades said they will do something then NOT do it. Or they make a claim that they will do something which in all honesty is unobtainable. IE: We'll catch terrorists using the TSA. Really?
As noted from a response to Trump's rally: "If Trump can accomplish one thing - THE WALL - it would be worth voting for him."
It will take more than the wall.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-20-2016 11:02 AM

voguy -- of course it will take more than a wall -- but it is a place to start. A wall with sensors for those lousy underground tunnels and filling them in with cement! :)

But seriously there is a lot more to be done. All these illegals, all these other illegals (how many hundreds or thousands who are here on expired visas) and like IKE did - send them back to their own countries. NO MORE Sanctuary cities. No more freebies to illegals. NOW we do know that the US has legal immigration, and we do know that we have sanctuary type places (not talking the current sanctuary type places).

America first, US legal citizens first (that includes legal immigrants).

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-20-2016 12:31 PM

I heard a good argument the other night, which ironically was from an western European nation.

The announcer said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that any sanctuary city angle proposed, must go to a full vote of the district which the sanctuary city is located. In other words, the people would have to choose if they want to be a sanctuary city, and not the politicians legislating it.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-20-2016 02:06 PM

The only reason the little berg, that I live in and the majority "Sanctuary Cities" have "given in" is , Pure Blackmail! If you don't accept "The Fate" all Federal Funding will be pulled from the state! It is not all greed, it is a matter of survival . Name me one place, where the Feds DON'T have their hooks into? :confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-20-2016 06:34 PM

Texas? North Carolina? There are many who are fighting back, and even more not being reported as it goes against the agenda.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-20-2016 07:35 PM

Well Oregon is totally Democrat, I shudder , every time I pick-up the newspaper ,to see what our governor has planned for us next. She loves obama policies! And she is just nuts! I do admire those 2 states, for-sure!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-21-2016 12:03 AM

Donald Trump's Invisible Campaign
Edited & Excerpted From Jamelle Bouie's Article @ Slate

Firing your campaign manager is not a big deal when there’s nothing to manage. To suggest Lewandowski’s departure hurts it is to assume a campaign exists. The truth is, there is no Donald Trump campaign. This isn’t a matter of metaphysics; I mean this in a literal sense.

Consider campaign staff. At this point in a presidential cycle, the presumptive party nominees have begun to construct a field operation to identify supporters, train volunteers, and prepare for the tough work of bringing voters to the polls.

Trump's campaign at last count has roughly 30 staffers nationally. By comparison, Team Clinton has 50 people in Ohio alone. Even if early in the cycle, a typical campaign would have several senior staff members in place in most, if not all, contested states. Trump has close to none.

And whereas the RNC has people on the ground in swing states and other vital areas, focused on the entire ticket, Trump seems to be waiting until July at the earliest to determine hiring and placement.

So Trump may not have a ground game, but is he fighting on the airwaves, matching Clinton or even trying to harm her standing? Not at all. As of Sunday, Team Clinton has put more than $23 million into advertising across eight swing states: FL, OH, NV, CO, VA, NC, IA, and NH. (Pennsylvania’s omission is curious.)

Team Trump has nothing. Not a single dollar. Clinton is spending millions to rehabilitate her image and attack Trump, with nothing to deal with in the way of pushback.

Exacerbating all of this, for Trump, is that he’s broke: Trump has just $2.4 million in the campaign coffers. Put differently, Clinton’s ad buy is nearly 10 times as large as what Trump has on hand for his entire operation. Trump could raise money, but reports say he’s uninterested in calling donors and other contributors.

Follow enough election coverage, you’ll notice a phrase from those inclined to read and absorb political science: “Campaigns don’t matter.” Not that campaigns are useless; it’s that in general they’re evenly matched, so they cancel each other out.

When they aren’t—Obama’s ground game vs. Romney’s, for instance—they don’t. Trump needs dedicated, professional help and he doesn’t have it. What happens when it’s September and he lacks the personnel or the cash to mount a credible fight against the Democratic Party?

I don’t know. No one knows, because it’s never happened before. But if the polls are any indication, what happens is something like a catastrophic defeat for Trump and the rest of the Republican Party.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-21-2016 12:31 AM

Doka wrote:Well Oregon is totally Democrat, I shudder , every time I pick-up the newspaper ,to see what our governor has planned for us next. She loves obama policies! And she is just nuts! I do admire those 2 states, for-sure!
Speaking of nuts.

Almost Every GOP Senator Just Voted to Keep Letting Terror Suspects Buy Guns.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-21-2016 08:01 AM

Raggedyann wrote:
Doka wrote:Well Oregon is totally Democrat, I shudder , every time I pick-up the newspaper ,to see what our governor has planned for us next. She loves obama policies! And she is just nuts! I do admire those 2 states, for-sure!
Speaking of nuts.

Almost Every GOP Senator Just Voted to Keep Letting Terror Suspects Buy Guns.

Unfortunately, this is a very political year - and these proposed changes showed it. They were not thoughtfully crafted, and it showed by being voted down. The politicians rushed proposed legislation to a vote and unfortunately used the tragedies of shootings to advance their personal agendas of getting voted back into office, RATHER THAN crafting legislation that stood a snowball's chance in Hell of passing.

Let's be honest - this had nothing to do with protecting the 2nd Amendment, or even ensuring that people how are unlucky enough to have a name similar to a person on the no-fly list doesn't have his or her rights trampled on. - This is ALL about politics and ensuring that the rights of those acing lawfully are trampled simply because someone else doesn't agree with that right. Maybe once the Congress can get its collective act together, seek to pass laws that protect innocent victims while striving to protect the interests of those acting within the law, something meaningful will happen. But, even as the Democrats admitted, this was all politics and was designed to be slipped into campaign ads and talking points.

GIVEN THAT - it makes all the crocodile tears of the Democrats so much sadder - the way they use victims as the do......

Snippet:

The NRA in a statement called the effort to tighten gun controls “politics.”

“President Obama and his allies proved they are more interested in playing politics than addressing their failure to keep Americans safe from the threat of radical Islamic terrorism,” said Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA’s lobbying arm.

The votes were doomed from the start and are likely to be used more as election-year fodder than actual changes in policysomething Democrats tacitly admitted.

“We’re going into an election season and, Mr. and Mrs. America, you have to stand up,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the author of the “no-fly, no-buy” legislation that was defeated. “Maybe, just maybe, this next election can produce something.”

NRA chief lobbyist: Pols backing gun-control 'will pay a price'

Even the measly measures proposed by Senate Republicans went down in defeat.

“Our friends across the aisle wouldn’t provide due process for ordinary citizens placed on the watch list by mistake,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), the author of the GOP alternative to “no-fly, no-buy,” argued.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2681095
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-21-2016 09:02 AM

OK so we have had our "Annual Ramadan Massacre ". It is a well celebrated event, it seems. Obama goes for Every Ones guns, because the problem is not the shooter, it is because people own guns? Right? If you are not aware, what john Q citizen has to go through to buy a gun, you are just ignorant. Shooters, may or may not go through the process, but one thing for sure, they WILL get a gun, even if the rest of the world has NONE. One thing is assured with this administration, the shooter will be protected by every means possible IF they are Radical Muslim. By Obamas own actions, He is the one protecting Radical Terrorism and if I where a peace-full Muslim, I would be pissed. Makes them all look bad, remember "Teachers Pet" didn't have it so good after all! Our "Arms dealer-in-Chief" has yet again, created another annual "Weapons Run" !

PS For your own safety STAY OUT OF POSTED , GUN FREE ZONES. Shooters may be "nuts" but NOT STUPID!
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-21-2016 02:59 PM

Political year? It's only political if you love your guns more than you love your safety.

Gun control is successful around the rest of the modern world and the majority of citizens in these countries wouldn't have it any other way. The majority of people in the US want gun control too but corruption, money and paranoia take precedence, as usual.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”