More Cartgraphic Mayhem

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

More Cartgraphic Mayhem

Post by SquidInk » 10-02-2014 03:37 PM

For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-02-2014 04:53 PM

My early prediction? (Based on nothing in general and everything in particular): A historic first-ever formal forfeit - The GOP will struggle mightily to come up with a viable candidate and ultimately decide to give 2016 a pass. HAIL HILLARY!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-03-2014 01:00 AM

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-03-2014 06:44 AM

Riddick wrote: My early prediction? (Based on nothing in general and everything in particular): A historic first-ever formal forfeit - The GOP will struggle mightily to come up with a viable candidate and ultimately decide to give 2016 a pass. HAIL HILLARY!

I'm afraid you might be right.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-03-2014 09:30 AM

NEVER!

She is not physically fit...
She is not mentally fit...
She has a lot against her from her past actions or lack of...

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-03-2014 10:57 AM

But, she'll carry on, and expand on Obama's legacy.

When Bush43 was president, the media used to report how, under Bush43 the debt rose faster, and totaled more than all previous presidents combined.

Then, they just reported recently that the same thing occurred under Obama.

Imagine with Hillary how far we'll go into debt - because she'll just expand whatever programs there are out there and add more.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-03-2014 11:27 AM

Perhaps a glimpse of what's to come? We've already seen it at work under Obama........

Cloward–Piven strategy

The Cloward–Piven strategy is a political strategy outlined in 1966 by American sociologists and political activists Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven that called for overloading the U.S. public welfare system in order to precipitate a crisis that would lead to a replacement of the welfare system with a national system of "a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty". Cloward and Piven were a married couple who were both professors at the Columbia University School of Social Work. The strategy was formulated in a May 1966 article in the liberalmagazine The Nation titled "The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty".

The two stated that many Americans who were eligible for welfare were not receiving benefits, and that a welfare enrollment drive would strain local budgets, precipitating a crisis at the state and local levels that would be a wake-up call for the federal government, particularly the Democratic Party. There would also be side consequences of this strategy, according to Cloward and Piven. These would include: easing the plight of the poor in the short-term (through their participation in the welfare system); shoring up support for the national Democratic Party-then splintered by pluralistic interests (through its cultivation of poor and minority constituencies by implementing a national "solution" to poverty); and relieving local governments of the financially and politically onerous burdens of public welfare (through a national "solution" to poverty)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward%E2 ... n_strategy

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-03-2014 02:25 PM

For perspective: There's less than five weeks until the midterms. If getting through that cycle has seemed like a political eternity, just remember it's that plus TWO YEARS 'til the presidential election, provided we still have one - Hey! By then could be we see it called off due to Ebola and/or [insert national emergency here] -

Don't like the thought of Hillary in the WH, how's having O there from now until who knows when grab ya?

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-04-2014 10:03 AM

well gee and then we have REID stopping all those bills passed by the HOUSE - some at 100% passage - some even proposed and passed by DEM lead - but ole REID just shoves them under his desk --

sighhhhhhh

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-04-2014 08:23 PM

Yup - both Parties suck......

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-04-2014 11:38 PM

kbot wrote: Yup - both Parties suck......
Do they ever! And it never gets better, does it? To expect any more than the SOS from either party is to invite disappointment. Just think, in 2016 near on a quarter century removed, odds are Dems'll launch a Clinton ticket. Heck at that rate the GOP may as well go with Jeb. Almost 1992 all over again, apart from an Independent run -

Mebbe what America needs is a reasonable H Ross facsimile eh! (By that I mean similar policies sans peculiarities.)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-05-2014 03:55 PM

HOW many times have I said we need TERM LIMITS?? Few decades now....

AND I would change the HOUSE to four years. When asked why - the answer is simple. The person gets elected - spends first 4-6 months getting acquainted with how things work, not just in the House but in all the committees as well. Then they spend the last 4-6 out campaigning. SO gee maybe one year of actual work getting done.

I would put two terms max and NO one allowed to go 2 in House and 2 in Senate.

I would also make them actually reside and live in their state so many years prior to any election and return and live there for same number of years they were elected to - well baring death after serving...obviously.

I would also cut their salaries and no more $$$$ for life! Their highest per life would be the average of whatever a SS person receives...with the pitiful yearly raise to match.

mayhem - ya but back in time those elected only met once a month unless for emergencies.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-05-2014 04:01 PM

I heard all the moaning and groaning under GW about spending. SO then I looked (as did honest people) - at

9-11

Hurricane Katrina
Other Hurricanes

Tornadoes that wiped out towns or came close.

and then look at Obama's first two years and what was spent in comparison --- any major disasters?? nope so where did it go?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-05-2014 06:07 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: HOW many times have I said we need TERM LIMITS?? Few decades now....
You've said it, others have said it, yet nothing has ever come of it, though maybe it's a case of making a case for Congressional reform that's potent, practical and pertinent - To that end in a recent article on the subject, George Will asserts term limits would motivate members to defend Congress's powers against executive encroachment -

Still, even with Will adding his case to any number of others voicing theirs, the question is just how many IF any politicians in a position to get the ball rolling on a course to put things right are genuinely interested in doing so?

Riddick
Pirate

Mayhem On Hold?

Post by Riddick » 10-05-2014 06:36 PM

Potential 2016 Candidates Don't Inspire Much Enthusiasm
Most voters aren't overly passionate about any particular potential candidate in either party

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”