MITD Scorecard - What's YOUR Opinion? Cast Your Vote!

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

What grade would you give the show for the first month?

A - As good as it gets. Couldn't be better
9%
B - Hit and miss, but mostly hits
55%
C - Not all it could be
36%
D - Noory has nothing to worry about
No votes
F - Totally useless. A compete and utter disaster
No votes

Total votes: 11

Riddick
Pirate

MITD Scorecard - What's YOUR Opinion? Cast Your Vote!

Post by Riddick » 08-20-2015 05:08 PM

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-26-2015 03:26 AM

Just now, 172 thread views & 4 votes in the poll, not counting my own.

What's up with that? Howcum so many look in, but so few folks join in?

Granted, the FF ain't what it used to be, but what is it NOW? A relic??

Tell me folks, IS this an Art Bell fan forum? Or has something been lost...

Last edited by Riddick on 03-07-2017 02:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-26-2015 04:53 PM

20 more views, no new votes, no comments. How do you like that! What a great lack of response! Insofar we have so many folks not at all interested in having a say, I'd say that says a lot in itself -

With such an absence of voices, the paucity of participation, the quiet's never screamed so loud... In that it's said to be golden, shield your eyes from the glitter or be forever blinded by the silence.

Last edited by Riddick on 03-07-2017 01:55 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-27-2015 12:23 AM

Yay! Another vote shook loose! Still, that's after near-on another 40 thread views, thus no reaction remains the overwhelming consensus to Art's first month back -

Excited? By my reading of the numbers seems in large folks are anything but... In that vein, here's more 'mood music' -

Last edited by Riddick on 03-07-2017 01:58 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 08-28-2015 01:13 AM

All sites are dying off Riddick!!!!

Spybook is taking over :( (facebook)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-28-2015 04:55 AM

Dude111 wrote: All sites are dying off Riddick!!!!

I believe you've pretty much put the finger on it Dude. The handwriting on the wall's darn hard to miss, isn't it?

Like it or not Internet forums are fast becoming relics of a bygone age - For any to survive, much less thrive in the brave new social media world of Facebook and the like, only an active combined effort by members will do -

To be blunt, to be a mere lurker is to be a shirker: "Support Your Local Forum!" as a rallying cry is meaningless if a majority of members leave it to a handful of folks to do the heavy lifting and carry all the weight of posting.

As time goes on with attrition at work, as that handful thins out and forum activity goes south, shirkers either pick up the slack or eventually if not sooner all that's left will be a more or less vacated shell of a community -

Either everyone pitches in their part, or it all falls apart - It's the United Way or the highway, knowhutImean?

SecretWindows
Pirate

Post by SecretWindows » 09-09-2015 07:55 AM

Dude111 wrote: All sites are dying off Riddick!!!!

True to a degree.
There are two forums that have more active members than all the others (Art Bell Forums) combined. Now that may be due to being linked from Art Bell's website but it goes to show that forums can still be useful and active.

It will always come down to how a forum looks (is it using state of the Art software?) and how active it is before more members would join. If you are a forum that is dedicated to a certain show or individual it also helps being linked from their website.

But forums are not dead.
Facebook won't last forever and forums will continue to evolve but not every community will update to the latest and greatest.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-09-2015 12:22 PM

SecretWindows wrote: It will always come down to how a forum looks (is it using state of the Art software?) and how active it is before more members would join.
forums will continue to evolve but not every community will update to the latest and greatest.
Funny how things ebb and flow. Visitors stopping in Monday would've found the most active daily topics in months, and on a holiday yet!... Yet by end of the day yesterday, live threads were absolutely not to be seen, itself an event we've not seen in quite a while.

Far's state of the Art (I saw what you did there!) goes, while there's been discussion here of upgrading its guts, the consensus has been to leave the forum be, with Fan having the tech well in hand and the throwback theme supported by a soild majority of pirates.

That all said, insofar an argument can be made that its retro look is a turnoff to folks who'd otherwise join up, mebbe it's time to again open up the floor for a discussion... Is a facelift of sorts, a ship refitting in the best interests of the FF going forward? Whadya think?

Riddick
Pirate

Meanwhile, In More Recent Desert Developments

Post by Riddick » 03-07-2017 02:07 AM

Talk Stream Power 50 List Released

Talk stream Live has released its ‘power 50’ list of the most influential and listened to streaming talk shows … A few notables: Michael Savage edged out Rush.. Alex Jones is in the top ten.. Clyde Lewis in the top 20..

And the newest addition: Heather Wade from MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT, makes the cut.. FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

fos
Pirate

Re: MITD Scorecard - What's YOUR Opinion? Cast Your Vote!

Post by fos » 03-11-2017 01:48 PM

I didn't get to vote but I would give Heather a "B". I like her. She is better than the other guy.

Riddick
Pirate

Roll Call

Post by Riddick » 03-11-2017 09:03 PM

fos wrote:I didn't get to vote but I would give Heather a "B". I like her. She is better than the other guy.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”