Thursday, July 23 2015

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Kaztronic

Thursday, July 23 2015

Post by Kaztronic » 07-23-2015 11:17 PM

Hi everyone!

Another intriguing program in store tonight, and by the sound of it, tomorrow night as well! An interview with Anonymous conducted by Art should be fascinating as can be - that's one I definitely won't be missing. A major coup for the new program.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Doug
Pirate

Post by Doug » 07-24-2015 12:14 AM

Making an appearance... listening away. It's like he never left. So familiar. :)
ï'm ®ïgh‡ ߀hïÑÐ ¥Øµ!
~Doug~

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-24-2015 12:34 AM

Yes indeed!

It took a while, but this guest has really begun to grab my attention in the past half hour or so. Space travel is so fascinating. Would have enjoyed if Art pursued the science behind the Philadelphia Experiment with this guy as well as he seemed familiar with the background of the story.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-24-2015 01:58 AM

Oh man, Art is really back this time. Fantastic show :)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-24-2015 07:24 AM

going to try and find the show, guess maybe I should bite the bullet and pay him again. That did not go well last time, but fool me once, then fool me again.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-24-2015 10:48 AM

Art is so cute talking about Anonymous :)
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-24-2015 10:50 AM

Fan wrote: Art is so cute talking about Anonymous :)

I mean, there is no Anonymous. You can't interview a faceless entity. This is the whole point of them. You could interview someone involved, but they can't speak for the group.

That is if in fact there is such a thing at all called anonymous that is not a government psyop.

Doug
Pirate

Post by Doug » 07-24-2015 11:13 AM

Fan wrote: ...That is if in fact there is such a thing at all called anonymous that is not a government psyop.

Oh - there is...

But you're right. Having no central authority, operating autonomously, individual choice dictating actions. They have "participants" - not members.

That said, an individual participant (or two or three) could make for an interesting conversation.
ï'm ®ïgh‡ ߀hïÑÐ ¥Øµ!
~Doug~

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-24-2015 11:16 AM

He should interview a "hacktivist", preferably one involved in one of the higher profile jobs, and discuss the ethos. The biggest hurdle is confirming the guest's claims before the interview. Not sure how it could be done.

Of course, I am taking "anonymous" at face value. If it's a front, or a propaganda campaign -- then yeah.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-24-2015 11:25 AM

Doug wrote: Oh - there is...

But you're right. Having no central authority, operating autonomously, individual choice dictating actions. They have "participants" - not members.

That said, an individual participant (or two or three) could make for an interesting conversation.

I personally think it is just another psyop. I mean, there are hackers galore, but anonymous is just too obvious. It is not hard to find people on the internet. We do not have privacy or security systems to the point where you could hide for very long.

Of course, Snowden is the same thing, all these limited hangouts are most likely. I can smell 'em.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-24-2015 11:26 AM

SquidInk wrote: He should interview a "hacktivist", preferably one involved in one of the higher profile jobs, and discuss the ethos. The biggest hurdle is confirming the guest's claims before the interview. Not sure how it could be done.

Of course, I am taking "anonymous" at face value. If it's a front, or a propaganda campaign -- then yeah.

There are many he could interview. Lots of them have given up their previous life and advocate for privacy rights and so on.

First place to start would be the EFF.

SquidInk

Re:

Post by SquidInk » 09-29-2015 10:34 PM

Fan wrote:Of course, Snowden is the same thing, all these limited hangouts are most likely. I can smell 'em.
Limited Hangout... hmmm... for those who might not realize what Fan has referenced:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”