Art's Announcement Concerning the Future of the Show

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-04-2013 12:09 AM

Riddick wrote: Will SiriusXM Allow Free Live Streaming on artbell.com?
LINK
Includes audio clip from the closing of the 10/31 show
They mine as well,THEY KNOW PEOPLE HAVE STREAMS UP TO IT NOW!!! (Thats why they have commercials on it cause THEY KNOW DAMN WELL WHATS GOING ON)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-04-2013 05:47 PM

Art from Facebook just now:

"Sometimes when you are "all in" you win, sometimes lose. By mutual agreement Dark Matter will no longer air as of tonight."

WTF?!?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 11-04-2013 08:30 PM

Heard rumblings of that this afternoon. I guess Art's deal with XM just couldn't hold together. Hopefully, now someone else will pick him up, perhaps a terrestrial network.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-04-2013 09:06 PM

I didnt think it would last........... This is a MERCURY RETROGRADE!!!!! (Not a good time to ask something like this! (Free streaming,etc)) He should have kept quiet :(

XM is pissed people are listening FREE..... I wonder why they dont say anything about people listening to Howard stern for free? (Most likely cause they make enough $$$$$ off the show already)

I feel bad for Art :(

Person182
Pirate

Post by Person182 » 11-04-2013 09:11 PM

Dude111 wrote: I didnt think it would last........... This is a MERCURY RETROGRADE!!!!! (Not a good time to ask something like this! (Free streaming,etc)) He should have kept quiet :(

XM is pissed people are listening FREE..... I wonder why they dont say anything about people listening to Howard stern for free? (Most likely cause they make enough $$$$$ off the show already)

I feel bad for Art :(

I hope Sirius XM has a non-compete clause in his contact and keeps him off the air for years. I don't feel bad for Art at all.

CoastHawk
Pirate

Post by CoastHawk » 11-05-2013 02:17 PM

You know, this is exactly why I didn't sign up. I knew it wouldn't last even a year before he he would cut himself down to weekends or just quit and give some ass clown like Punnit the reigns.

If he loved radio so dammned much and hates Noory and company so bad why the **** did he quit in the first goddamn place? Or was that fifth or six place?

Art truly was awesome but as smart as he is why did he do this?

Back in 2007 or 2008 during a predictions show Babbabooey or whatever that idiots name is from Stern tried pulling a prank on Art. Art then made the comment "I can just see Howard, hat in hand. Begging. Please let me come back to terrestrial radio...."

I hate Howard Stern with a passion, but from day one after I heard about Art going to satellite radio I immediately thought about that old show!

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-05-2013 02:48 PM

Yeah, it's true. These people are all contemptuous of the "normals," the people doing podcasts, internet streaming, self-publishing, etc., etc. There's the perception of a huge 3rd world ghetto between all the proles trying to do New Media and the elite actually making a living off the old corporate models. Problem is, the system really is failing to deliver any sort of decent quality, even as a side-effect of their cut throat corporate practices. Art was somehow able to sneak through in the past and get something interesting out through the corporate airways. Do you see that happening now, anywhere, in any medium?

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-05-2013 05:34 PM

Nope I sure dont!!!!!!

Art was one of the few that ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD SHOW!!

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 11-05-2013 06:11 PM

Well heck. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I didn't much care for the format, though. $15 per month for 4 nights a week. Not a very good bargain. I am sure glad I didn't buy one of their radio gadgets!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-06-2013 05:40 PM

CoastHawk wrote: You know, this is exactly why I didn't sign up. I knew it wouldn't last even a year before he he would cut himself down to weekends or just quit and give some ass clown like Punnit the reigns.

If he loved radio so dammned much and hates Noory and company so bad why the **** did he quit in the first goddamn place? Or was that fifth or six place?

Art truly was awesome but as smart as he is why did he do this?

Back in 2007 or 2008 during a predictions show Babbabooey or whatever that idiots name is from Stern tried pulling a prank on Art. Art then made the comment "I can just see Howard, hat in hand. Begging. Please let me come back to terrestrial radio...."

I hate Howard Stern with a passion, but from day one after I heard about Art going to satellite radio I immediately thought about that old show!

Art is smart but very emotional - sort of reminds me of a teenage boy in some regards.

His getting involved with Airyn so quicly after death of Ramona was a good indication and by phone and email no less.
A man's character is his fate

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”