Art Bell Spooky Matter

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Lore
Pirate

Art Bell Spooky Matter

Post by Lore » 10-31-2013 10:06 PM

Ghost stories all night long as Art rocks Halloween.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-01-2013 09:03 AM

ah man I could not make it... oh well I will listen to the replay, but it certainly won't be as spooky.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Lore
Pirate

Post by Lore » 11-01-2013 11:34 PM

I'll tell you something very interesting.

I listened to Art's show and frankly it wasn't as good as other years.

I don't know if it is because the callers aren't there or if they were screened badly. Whatever the cause the stories weren't all that great. Some of the callers meandered all over the place without getting to the point and the rest of the stories weren't very scary. I don't know who screened the callers for their stories, or if there wasn't a large pool of stories to choose from, but either which way they just weren't that good.

Then I listened to Coast. I tuned in late so I don't know exactly where in the show I was timewise but I have to say the stories were much better, the callers were more compelling and succinct. The stories were scarier.

I was amazed at the difference and I am hoping that if all goes well for Art on Monday that things will be better next year.

I ended up turning off to Coast last night when George decided to open up a line for psychic vampire stories. Like psychic vampires have anything to do with Halloween. I wanted and expected ghost stories since it was Ghost to Ghost, not some other subject that comes up frequently during the course of the regular show and that has nothing to do with what is supposed to be the scariest night of the year. I got disgusted and turned off the show.

Still, I have to say some of the best stories of the night were on Coast.

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”