since I haven't heard the show yet...

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

alleyrulez
Pirate

since I haven't heard the show yet...

Post by alleyrulez » 09-17-2013 05:37 PM

only have the Sirius in my car, so a buddy is supposed to have recorded it for me.

what was the intro music?

bumper music?

was it obvious that Art missed us as much as we have missed him?

SquidInk

Re: since I haven't heard the show yet...

Post by SquidInk » 09-17-2013 08:07 PM

alleyrulez wrote: only have the Sirius in my car, so a buddy is supposed to have recorded it for me.

what was the intro music?
All the old standards, intro was (I think) The Reaper/Blue Oyster Cult and the sign off was Midnight in the Desert
alleyrulez wrote: bumper music?
Art's standards
alleyrulez wrote: was it obvious that Art missed us as much as we have missed him?
It was somewhat apparent that he missed radio, and being behind the mic. I don't recall him gushing about the 'loyal fans' too much. On the other hand, he treated the open lines unscreened callers much better than he had on his last few C2C cameos, and I didn't hear any of the contempt-for-wingnuts type of tones he had a few years back.

All in all... very good show.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-17-2013 08:36 PM

Quote: Squidink

"It was somewhat apparent that he missed radio, and being behind the mic. I don't recall him gushing about the 'loyal fans' too much. On the other hand, he treated the open lines unscreened callers much better than he had on his last few C2C cameos, and I didn't hear any of the contempt-for-wingnuts type of tones he had a few years back. "

Interesting to hear you say this as I was hearing a somewhat gentler/kinder Art or perhaps just much more mellow with the years and a new young family.

I was also charmed to hear how nervous he was just before going on - very honest and vulnerable comments about himself.
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-17-2013 09:10 PM

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 09-17-2013 09:20 PM

Art sounded like he had dry mouth in the beginning. He was clearly nervous. Didn't last long though.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Re: Re: since I haven't heard the show yet...

Post by Fan » 09-17-2013 09:32 PM

SquidInk wrote: All the old standards, intro was (I think) The Reaper/Blue Oyster Cult and the sign off was Midnight in the Desert
Nope, Ride my SeeSaw opened it.

The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 09-17-2013 11:41 PM

None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”