Noory's poor reaction

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-18-2013 04:46 PM

A friend who drives Mnpls to Cleveland hit something like that, and it put a slight dent in the grill of the truck. He said if you could imagine hitting a piece of 1/4" by 1", 8' long lumber, that's what it sort of looked like. The truck in back of him saw nothing on the road. But when he got to Eau Claire he could clearly see a very slight dent.

At 60 if you hit lumber it would make more of an impression. This was an impression across the grill diagonally, from one side to the other, about 1" in width.

If Art ever gets permission to go terrestrial, I could give him a bunch of names of broadcasters who would be eager to pick him up.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

LeslieV
Pirate

Post by LeslieV » 08-18-2013 05:00 PM

This was translucent, we could see sort of through it. It looked like water from a hose but I am guessing was a few inches in diameter and the length of one lane of road.

What really hit was we both looked at the radio and noted that the guest was talking about these with Art. I can't remember the year, but was early 2000's maybe 01.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-18-2013 06:09 PM

LeslieV wrote: I agree VOGUY, if things can swing to where Art can make a few terrestrial stations it will help boost him even more and yes, get Red Eye off of WABC, like the NYC area needs an over night over the road trucker station. That was Art's slot and he had many a trucker call in from the lonely night road. I know, I was there with them many nights.

Best night on the road was way back and the talk was about those rods. As we were rolling east bound on I-70 in Kansas through a area with some trees, out from the right in the distance of my high beams comes this 'thing' about the length of a lane of road and nearly see through. It was just undulating along and suddenly it turned the front end toward the truck and you could see an expression of surprise on its' 'face'. It did a total U-turn back from where it came from. By now I was slowed to a crawl passing its' location. I looked at the passenger and the passenger said, "did you see that?" Yep, sure did that is why I had slowed down to a crawl.

This was before there was wide area cell coverage so I had no signal to call into Art with what I just saw.

I did hear many truckers mention that they hit those 'creatures' and it was like water or alcohol that evaporated very quickly.

Anyway, good to hear Art will be back again and with a big bird in the sky, will be heard loud and clear with no fading from an AM station. :crazyjump

Now this story is fascinating.

I had a similar situation which occurred and the folks in the room said "I saw it but I don't believe I saw it".
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-18-2013 06:22 PM

Diogenes wrote: Now this story is fascinating.

I had a similar situation which occurred and the folks in the room said "I saw it but I don't believe I saw it".

Details, I'd like to hear more about it. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-18-2013 06:23 PM

LeslieV wrote: This was translucent, we could see sort of through it. It looked like water from a hose but I am guessing was a few inches in diameter and the length of one lane of road.

What really hit was we both looked at the radio and noted that the guest was talking about these with Art. I can't remember the year, but was early 2000's maybe 01.

I've never heard of anything like this before. Fascinating!
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

LeslieV
Pirate

Post by LeslieV » 08-18-2013 06:37 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I've never heard of anything like this before. Fascinating!

Yes RA, this was way back in the day when Art had lots of interesting guests and subjects and rods were one of them, I just can't remember the name of the guest.

Art if you are lurking around here, you will remember and maybe do a show sometime for those who do not remember or ever heard about them.

All I can say is that we, who were just on a dull ride, were wide awake for the next couple hours on the look out for more of them while Art and callers went on and on with many calling in their experience.

I finally did get cell coverage but could not get in the call lines although several did call in with similar sightings and most seemed to be in the west or mid-west from what I remember.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-18-2013 07:15 PM

I never saw rods, but I did see (5) UFOs in a formation while flying from Flint to Toledo. Once you see something like rods or UFOs, your life is forever changed.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-18-2013 07:21 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Details, I'd like to hear more about it. :)

About 4 couples sitting in a room at another party's home and a glass of beer goes flying - literally.

The individual was known to have incidents like this.

The woman next to me said "there is a presence in this room".

My husband says to this day - I saw it but I didn't see it".

Will send you an email.
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-18-2013 07:33 PM

Diogenes wrote: About 4 couples sitting in a room at another party's home and a glass of beer goes flying - literally.

The individual was known to have incidents like this.

The woman next to me said "there is a presence in this room".

My husband says to this day - I saw it but I didn't see it".

Will send you an email.

Wow! That is truly and amazing thing to have seen Dio.

This reminds of a time when my ex husband and I were visiting another couple for a drink on Christmas Eve. Right in the middle of our conversation the Christmas tree started violently shaking. We all just sat there stunned until it stopped as suddenly as it started. Nothing else in the room was moving and we searched around the tree and could find nothing that would explain this strange occurrence.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-18-2013 07:40 PM

voguy wrote: I never saw rods, but I did see (5) UFOs in a formation while flying from Flint to Toledo. Once you see something like rods or UFOs, your life is forever changed.

I thought I saw a UFO a few years ago but I now believe it was some sort of drone (that we know nothing about) as it was a conglomeration of metal rectangular shaped things. Not circular, no wings, and no sound and flying quite low over town.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 08-18-2013 07:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-18-2013 07:51 PM

These were definite unidentified. Moving westbound at about 300 mph @ 6,000 feet. Another pilot with me saw them, as well as a third pilot coming out of another airport SE of Toledo. But Toledo Express had nothing on radar.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-18-2013 08:03 PM

voguy wrote: These were definite unidentified. Moving westbound at about 300 mph @ 6,000 feet. Another pilot with me saw them, as well as a third pilot coming out of another airport SE of Toledo. But Toledo Express had nothing on radar.

I envy you VO. I would love to see one, as long as I'm not alone on a dark hwy. :eek:

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-18-2013 08:24 PM

It was interesting. The fellow I was with wanted to chase them, which would have been a folly in a Cessna 172. I was in control at the time so we went around the back of them sort of over the community of Lambertville MI. It was not balloons or birds as they were trucking along westbound.

If you bring up maps.google.com and hone in on the east side of Toledo, you'll see "Pearson Park"just to the east of Oregon OH. The pilot coming out of Metcalf had ascended to 7,000 and was heading north to Port Huron MI. He had visual on them and they were slightly below him, and I was at 5,500 and they were above me at 10 O'Clock when I spotted them at about 7 miles or so.

I got kind of pissy with the tower at Toledo Express because they said they had no traffic in the area when we first spotted them, and if you look at the map again and follow I80 west, you'll see the airport. Those objects had to have been visually seen by the tower to their north, but they denied they saw them, and they denied any traffic westbound. (Could have been protecting their jobs).

It's hard to imagine what it was other than an unidentified object. They appeared as five oval white objects, which independently changed altitude as they flew west. The only other possible thought is something military. But why fly something secret over a large community.

BTW, I did turn in a report to the fellow that George has on who keeps a database on these things.

Up to the point where this happened I was rather cold on the idea of UFOs. But this, and the papers my friend Jim found in Dayton, have me thinking otherwise. Besides, (not to toss a theological thread in here), it would be very pompous of us to think we're the only lifeforms in the galaxy.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-18-2013 09:19 PM

I remember you telling me via email about the papers your friend Jim found but that was a few yrs ago, so I can't remember now what they contained. I do remember that they were very interesting and intriguing.

My step daughter saw a UFO back in the late 70's when she was just 16. I live in the middle of nowhere as you know. One evening she and her 2 friends drove to another community (35 miles away) to go swimming at the indoor pool. It was dark but the sky was clear. There is nothing but wilderness between this other community and where we lived. On the way there they spotted a light in the sky that looked out of place. The light moved towards them and then came up behind them and started flying parallel with their vehicle. The young lad who was driving the truck pulled over and they all got out and looked up to see a huge round object silently hovering over them. It had a yellow light in the middle of the undercarriage. The girls started screaming in terror and they all clamored back in the truck. The lad took off driving as fast as he could. The object continued to fly just over the treetops and parallel with them and then it veered off and was gone.

Earlier that the day, my friend and I were out walking and were surprised to see two F18's fly over the lake where we lived. We just didn't ever see or expect to see planes like this flying around our logging camp. After hearing the kids story, I wondered if they had been scrambled from the Comox Airforce Base that was located a couple of hundred miles away. Chasing UFO's perhaps?
Last edited by Raggedyann on 08-18-2013 09:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Daneel
Pirate

Post by Daneel » 08-19-2013 06:21 AM

Sorry, I do not listen to Snoorey anymore.

What exactly was George's reaction? Did he trash Art for creating a new show? If so, he is going to piss off a lot of his listeners that stuck with him after Art left.

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”