Sirius Radio Talk

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-18-2013 08:47 PM

kbot wrote: I went to Youtube, typed-in "Art Bell Dark Matter Michio Kaku" and came up with a few versions of the same show with varying times.

I downloaded the complete four-hour show (commercials and all), but there are some here that are slightly over three hours. I don't know if they stripped-out the commercials, bumper music or what.....
hint: click filters at top and Sort by: upload date
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-18-2013 08:48 PM

hint2: this account seems to be posting them all http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOx4QWmXm2hF-x47pbiUPg
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-18-2013 08:49 PM

Fan wrote: that IS the program (it is a program that runs inside firefox), once installed you will see a little 3 colored ball (it is monochrome until you hit a video it can grab) on the very bottom bar of your browser. When you are on a site watching a video you want to grab you will see those balls animate and move. You click that icon and the rest is self-explanatory.

here is a walkthrough

Thanks Fan ............ that's nothing like I saw. I'm going to give it a try when I can get a few free minutes to just concentrate on downloading and playing around with it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-18-2013 08:52 PM

kbot wrote: Thanks Fan ............ that's nothing like I saw. I'm going to give it a try when I can get a few free minutes to just concentrate on downloading and playing around with it.

don't google for it, go to Tools>AddOns within firefox itself then search in that search bar (where it says "Search all addons"), or go to the page I posted before and click "Install". There is no .exe, no running a program or anything like that.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-19-2013 05:56 AM

Fan wrote: don't google for it, go to Tools>AddOns within firefox itself then search in that search bar (where it says "Search all addons"), or go to the page I posted before and click "Install". There is no .exe, no running a program or anything like that.

Yeah, apparently that was my mistake (damn Google!!!!!!!). After downloading, I got wacked with all these gaming sites, weather sites, warnings popping-up from my anti-virus program.

Do you find that the download speed is quick compared to just recording the show realtime?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-19-2013 09:03 AM

kbot wrote: Yeah, apparently that was my mistake (damn Google!!!!!!!). After downloading, I got wacked with all these gaming sites, weather sites, warnings popping-up from my anti-virus program.

Do you find that the download speed is quick compared to just recording the show realtime?
I download at the maximum my ISP gives me, as I said, 4 minutes or so to both grab it and strip out the mp3.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-19-2013 11:20 AM

Thank-you Fan!

This will help a lot I'm sure, and will certainly be better than the four-hour route.....

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-19-2013 11:24 AM

kbot wrote: Thank-you Fan!

This will help a lot I'm sure, and will certainly be better than the four-hour route.....

OK, this is awesome - just put in the youtube URL and it prepares you an mp3 in seconds. http://www.listentoyoutube.com

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-19-2013 08:12 PM

Fan wrote: OK, this is awesome - just put in the youtube URL and it prepares you an mp3 in seconds. http://www.listentoyoutube.com

Oh yeah....... MUCH faster. Thanks Fan!!!!! :D

This will be great being able to listen while at work

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-20-2013 11:00 PM

This thread got off-track :cow:

One cool thing I learned is that the shows are available on-demand for what looks like 1 year at this point. This really is great news.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 09-21-2013 03:03 PM

I have to say, its incredibly difficult to choose which unit to buy. SiriusXM needs to do a better job differentiating between their products.

I bought the Sirius Starmate 8 with vehicle kit and the home speaker dock.

Does anyone have any feedback on that unit?
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-22-2013 10:56 AM

Kaztronic wrote: I have to say, its incredibly difficult to choose which unit to buy. SiriusXM needs to do a better job differentiating between their products.

I bought the Sirius Starmate 8 with vehicle kit and the home speaker dock.

Does anyone have any feedback on that unit?
I agree, their products are a mess. I might have chosen a unit rather than internet only if they were more compelling.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-22-2013 11:44 AM

Just in case anyone wants to get into an XM Receiver really cheap, I have this one for sale. I don't use it. I found it handy to take from car to car, and in the house. FYI, the little FM transmitter in the radio has quite a reach. I was able to put it in my home office, and listen to it on an FM radio in the room, but my wife could also hear it 60' away as well. Only problem with this is you fight over what channel you want to listen to.

Since I don't listen to XM, and if I did... both our vehicles have it built in, I might as well part with it.

I paid $155 for it when they came out, plus the $8 p/mo subscription.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-24-2013 07:34 PM

Looks like ArtBellEducational was discovered. The video is now blocked.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-24-2013 07:44 PM

This guy on YouTube is saying how cheap he is, and yet look at what he's paying for XM. Hell, this guy makes me look like Jack Benny.

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”