"Art Bell's Dark Matter"

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-06-2013 05:03 PM

Art's posting about this stuff on Facebook -- he just posted a link to his original lawsuit.

LeslieV
Pirate

Post by LeslieV » 09-06-2013 05:18 PM

rslawsky wrote: On a lighter (?) note, does anyone remember the time Art stepped out on his porch for a smoke during a break, forgetting that the porch was being replaced and had been removed earlier that day? It took about half an hour for him to get back on.

And there's always the old standby of supergluing his lips together while trying to fix a cart rack.

Remember those so well and heard them when they happened.

It looks like his new studio has no cart racks and I am sure the porch is in fine shape as is Art. :)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-06-2013 08:48 PM

LeslieV wrote: It looks like his new studio has no cart racks and I am sure the porch is in fine shape as is Art. :)

Yeah, he's using one of the 360 Systems, Instant Replay boxes for bumper music. We have them where I work. They are nice when you want to call up something quick.

I wish I would have seen a Lexicon LXP5 or something to do a pitch and voice change. It was funny when he would do the devil voices to ol' J.C. and he would flip out, :D If Art doesn't have one, I would give him one just to hear him do it again!
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

pattiwacki
Pirate

Post by pattiwacki » 09-06-2013 09:23 PM

Speaking of bumper music, can't wait to hear it! Looking forward to the old favorites and new choices as well.
Viva noche, viva vida!

Riddick
Pirate

The Original TAR WARS Trilogy: A SUE Beginning/AB Strikes Ba

Post by Riddick » 09-06-2013 10:49 PM

HB3 wrote: Art's posting about this stuff on Facebook -- he just posted a link to his original lawsuit.
So after his initial brief burst it seems having no more to say about it all isn't the case! Rather than let it sit OR take it sitting down, looks like Art means business. Seriously.

It's not like bombing Syria, but still warning shots across the CC bigwig bow are being fired - The message: "Your Oatean 'Weapon of Mass Defamation' use has not gone unnoticed. Business is one thing, this is personal too. An affront to me and my history with C2C. Be forewarned, any further inappropriate program booking behavior will be at your peril.

Congressional OK is neither warranted or wanted here. Sirius/XM gives me free reign. If having all your dirty linen publically aired by me is what you want, just keep it up. There's only so many lines you can cross, any in-kind retaliation will be considerable...

Though it won't be 'The End of the World,' when I'm done with you, you'll wish it was!"

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-06-2013 11:45 PM

Next on C2C: Kreskin and David Icke.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-07-2013 07:35 AM

The management at Clear Channel (parent to PremRad) has often been called the "meangirls of radio". Started with Randy Michaels, and it's still a staple of their radio division's soul. Rather than excel by greatness, you poop and fling it at your competitor. Sad people.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-07-2013 08:19 AM

Fan wrote: Next on C2C: Kreskin and David Icke.

Two other guests banned by Art. Wow....

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 09-07-2013 09:11 AM

Art has threatened to reveal all the details about how this war started with his past employers. It seems to be escalating daily. Hopefully soon they'll push him right into it. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-07-2013 10:30 AM

HB3 wrote: Two other guests banned by Art. Wow....
I was just jokin', but yeah wouldn't be too surprising :)
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-07-2013 12:03 PM

I have to ask - has Richard C Hoagland been banned yet?

Did I miss it?
A man's character is his fate

pattiwacki
Pirate

Post by pattiwacki » 09-07-2013 01:46 PM

No, but in the later years of Art's tenure on C2C, he sounded REALLY annoyed with RCH.
Viva noche, viva vida!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-07-2013 02:06 PM

pattiwacki wrote: No, but in the later years of Art's tenure on C2C, he sounded REALLY annoyed with RCH.

That might not be for the message. Let's face it, Richard can be overbearing and monopolize a conversation. I always dread hearing him on with another guest as you know Richard will talk over the other guest and not give them an opportunity to speak. I find myself yelling at the radio, "shut the f_ up", more times than not.

If I were host, I would clip his mic until the other guest had an opportunity to talk, then bring him back. The man obviously cares more about his mouth running than a sane dialog.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-07-2013 04:18 PM

pattiwacki wrote: No, but in the later years of Art's tenure on C2C, he sounded REALLY annoyed with RCH.

Yes I caught that - he would sigh deeply;)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-07-2013 04:20 PM

voguy wrote: That might not be for the message. Let's face it, Richard can be overbearing and monopolize a conversation. I always dread hearing him on with another guest as you know Richard will talk over the other guest and not give them an opportunity to speak. I find myself yelling at the radio, "shut the f_ up", more times than not.

If I were host, I would clip his mic until the other guest had an opportunity to talk, then bring him back. The man obviously cares more about his mouth running than a sane dialog.

I find him tedious and pompous. Dread is the word I would use also when I would find he was going to be on.

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”