"Art Bell's Dark Matter"

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-05-2013 06:26 PM

HB3 wrote: By the way, there's been no statement confirming open lines, has there?
I have not heard one, but it seems impossible Art will not do this. I wonder how the screening etc will work.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-05-2013 06:59 PM

Fan wrote: I have not heard one, but it seems impossible Art will not do this.

Seems pretty damn possible to me.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-05-2013 07:04 PM

HB3 wrote: Seems pretty damn possible to me.
Well, I guess it depends on what you define as open lines.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-05-2013 07:28 PM

Unscreened, live on the air.

I bet the plan is not to do it. Like you said, it's such an important part of the show. Not to mention it must mean they don't intend to do it. I have increasing concerns that the show is going to be narrowly tailored, managed, channeled.

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 09-05-2013 08:57 PM

From Arts Facebook page
Art Bell
August 17 near Pahrump, NV via mobile
So that means I will be on from 10PM-6AM E.S.T. BTW, all calls except when a Guest is on will be not screened.
Life is short drink good coffee.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-05-2013 09:35 PM

Thanks!

Glad I was wrong. Or half wrong, anyway.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-05-2013 11:01 PM

So far as current events and political issues? Considering how many times we've heard Art say "Never say never", my take is while not at all the focus of his new show, such news items as in their extents qualify as 'Dark Matter' in an end-of-days way won't be totally off-limits -

At the very least, I can't see him holding out 'til the Syria strike spirals out of control and WW III's well under way before we hear what he has to say, rather than it come too late for folks to care what he thinks, IF indeed they're still capable of caring OR listening - His audience being next to non-existent sooner rather than later, most survivors dwelling underground where sat reception ain't so great -

That said, I don't see Art extending anywhere near so much time to discussion of any potential Armageddon as he has in the past. Y2K? Been there, done that. Besides, as a disaster IN the making, so much as what it was made out to be didn't happen, believing the hype only helped marketers of survival gear make out and with no ads, there'll be no hawking of such on the show this go-round.

Insofar the Syrian situation is serious, Art altogether seriously shying away from it with only a brief mention or absolutely none at all, I'd be surprised to see - yet I'd be even more surprised if discussions delving in-depth into any "typical topical" goings-on political or otherwise are anything but here-and-there AND rare. Aside of the 'Dark Matter' genre, junkies will needs seek out another show to satisfy their newz and infotainment fixation.

OTOH, if and when it's all too obvious to anyone who's paying attention the Four Horsemen are assembling, how disappointing would it be each night he's live NOT to hear Art's "Apocalypse Report" keeping us current? That'd just add to the distress (AND big time, if only GN were filling us in instead)...

Bottom line I'd say 'Dark Matter' loyal listeners needn't worry though; time comes and so much as there's any current events that can be easily ignored, for sure The End of the World won't be one of 'em!

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-05-2013 11:09 PM

Well, we'll see. I hope you're right.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-06-2013 01:45 AM

If I'm right, more's my hope even as Art reports on the Apocalypse it doesn't come to that the world actually ends. That is to say, it splits apart and/or is charred/consumed beyond all recognition in a thermonuclear conflagration.

'Course, after 'Scenario 1', instead of orbiting the sun as spiraling bits of space-toast, the case may be even badly burned the globe stays more or less intact - yet aside of that, it's no less a worst-case for life on the planet - or is it? Who knows, if anything maybe radiated roaches rising from the ashes will become Earth's dominant residents...

Moving down the list, MOST life but not all being extinguished, and with only slight sunlight coming in through the doomsday dust shrouding the world, along with a number of plant and animal species mankind's hung on but only by a thread. Odds of avoiding extinction are grim at best. Meantime humanity staves off starvation by eating roaches. Yum.

The basic idea applies, to varying lesser degrees of disastrously dire circumstances negatively impacting the world "as we know it" that, if sitting on their brains wasn't the only thing world leaders were genuinely good at, needn't ever come to be seen - Lucky so far, IMHO we've little luck left before we're led to some seriously definitive end -

Altogether avoidable, yet altogether unlikely sans a course correction, so much as badly crushed gray matter is prevalent in the general population as well, in summarizing what's being setting-up in Syria more or less? I'd say Captain Kirk said it best:

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here!"

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-06-2013 07:15 AM

So Noory had David John Oates on last night, eh? What happened?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-06-2013 08:47 AM

HB3 wrote: So Noory had David John Oates on last night, eh? What happened?

Art from facebook:

"Last night Coast did the most shameful thing since George has been in that seat, I am just sad for them."

What happened?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-06-2013 09:30 AM

Fan wrote: Art from facebook:

"Last night Coast did the most shameful thing since George has been in that seat, I am just sad for them."

What happened?

I heard the interview with Joshua Warren, but did not hear the entire show.

I see nothing on Art's FB page regarding C2C show last night.
A man's character is his fate

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-06-2013 09:33 AM

Diogenes wrote: I heard the interview with Joshua Warren, but did not hear the entire show.

I see nothing on Art's FB page regarding C2C show last night.
First post on his page at https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716?fref=ts - posted 5 hours ago.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-06-2013 09:40 AM

Pretty funny that no one on Facebook seems to know either. Noory had Oates on, the question is whether they did reversals on Art. I'm guessing they didn't.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-06-2013 09:46 AM

no one listens to Noory hehe

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”