Rocksmith

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Rocksmith

Post by Fan » 11-07-2011 05:03 PM

I picked this up this weekend, and I have to say it is impressive and fun. My fingers are numb.

Basically it is guitar hero, that dumb game you play with a fake guitar where you pretend you are a rock star, but with a real guitar. You plug in a 1/4" patch cord that goes to a USB plug for the console. The game interprets the notes you play and teaches you songs and techniques. I have been playing guitar (badly) for hmm almost 20 years now and this has totally rejuvenated my playing and passion for guitar.

If you already have a band, maybe skip it. If you are a home guitarist, or you want to learn, other than a personal teacher, I think this is the best thing out there.

It adjusts to your skill in real-time, adding in more notes and mixing chords with the phrasing as needed. There are mini-games where you can learn riffs or learn the fretboard, for instance one slows down complex phrases so you can learn them, and ramps up the speed as you master the slow version.

Anyways, FYI all you guitarists http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksmith

You do need a console gaming system such as xbox360 or playstation3 to use it.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-07-2011 06:21 PM

This is amazing. I will pass this on to a family member who is learning to play guitar and he has xbox360 (thanks to me). I would love to do it too but I don't have xbox.

Thanks for passing this along. :)

Return to “Music”