CW - KPH Night of Nights 13 JUL 04 0001 GMT- CW

Ham Radio/SW DXing. Get involved! Let's take back America's Radio Waves! What's going on in ham radio in America...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Boomer Geezer
ORR Co-Mod and Google Champ

CW - KPH Night of Nights 13 JUL 04 0001 GMT- CW

Post by Boomer Geezer » 06-03-2004 08:04 PM

For you CW phreaks: I just got this via the ARRL Southwest Div e-Communicator:

KPH NIGHT OF NIGHTS - This is a brief pre-announcement to alert you that KPH will once again be on the air for the annual "Night of Nights" event. Each year KPH symbolically picks up the thread of commercial Morse on the date the service was ended in the US, 12 July 1999.

This year at 5 years and 1 minute after the last message was sent KPH will return to the air on many of its original commercial frequencies to send commemorative broadcasts, press and weather. And of course we will listen for calls from any Morse equipped ships that hear our transmissions. Several original KPH ops will be at the key.

Our HF operating frequencies are yet to be selected, but on MF we will be on 500kc and 426kc. Operations will begin at 0001 GMT 13 July 2004. Please listen for us and provide signal reports if you can.

Take a tour of KPH at: http://www.radiomarine.org/night-1.html
Diagnosed 11/2005 Stage IV Adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophogeal junction: Now in partial remission. Thank you all for your prayers and wishes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
BUD: "Hippy, you think everything's a conspiracy!"
HIPPY: "Everything is!!"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"I didn't lie: I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation." -- Fox Mulder

ElKamino
Dark Enity

Post by ElKamino » 06-05-2004 04:57 AM

Outstanding! Good post Boomer!
I will be listening.
'73:cool:

Return to “Ham Radio/DXing”