For Sale!

Ham Radio/SW DXing. Get involved! Let's take back America's Radio Waves! What's going on in ham radio in America...

Moderator: Super Moderators

mudwoman
Pirate

For Sale!

Post by mudwoman » 04-20-2004 02:23 AM

I must sell all my ham gear.

Please don't ask me why I have to sell or try to talk me out of it. I have something that needs to have some money thrown at it and that is that.

I am going to list on eBay but I wanted to give any of you first crack.

ICOM IC-2AT

&

10 Meter Realistic HTX-100

&

Base Station:
Kenwood TS-520S
Kenwood AT-200 antenna tuner
oil dummy
speaker
CW keyer
stand mike
about 100 feet coax

All working.

PM or email me for full specs and photos if you are interested.

Haggling invited. :D

Loves you all,
Sandy
Last edited by mudwoman on 04-20-2004 02:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

golpemortal
Pirate

Post by golpemortal » 01-03-2005 09:53 PM

can you post pictures

Pastor Dave
Pirate

Post by Pastor Dave » 01-05-2005 07:41 PM

What's a fair price? No clue. But interested in getting started.

And Glop - we've got the same avatar!!! I'm due to change mine soon anyway! :-)

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 01-05-2005 09:15 PM

I guess you went back and dug this thread out of the dust bin! I posted this in April, and the base station rig is long since sold. Sorry.

I am hanging on to the HTX-100 and ICOM IC-2AT for now, since I got enough from the Kenwood to meet the emergency that caused me to have to sell my HAM stuff in the first place.

Have you checked the ARRL site? There are a lot of old timers there who can give you rock solid advice. A lot of newbies choose their first rig based on their advice. My personal rule of thumb about a first rig (and in life in general) is to keep it simple. This will keep things understandable, and usually much cheaper too. A lot of newbies go out and buy fancy new hot dog equipment right off the bat, and it just isn't necessary to do that. As you grow as a HAM you will know what you want to do, and that will dictate what equipment you need. My uncle worked the globe with a tube rig he built himself, for decades. He was my mentor and inspiration for getting my license.

eBay is a good source, and is where I got my first rig, (the above Kenwood) that I sold. I got it plus 200 feet coax, and a ton of other stuff (some of which I gave to other HAMS, and some I kept), for $300.

Good luck to both of you and keep us posted!
:D

Return to “Ham Radio/DXing”