Christie Knew

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Christie Knew

Post by Raggedyann » 01-31-2014 05:00 PM

The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge in the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Friday that “evidence exists” the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening.

In a letter released by his lawyer, the former official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.

“Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him, and he can prove the inaccuracy of some,” the letter added.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyreg ... .html?_r=1

This came quicker than I thought it would.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-31-2014 07:41 PM

What a surprise!:D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 01-31-2014 08:05 PM

Who cares?

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-01-2014 01:04 AM

cherry wrote: Who cares?
True. But this guy could have ended up in the WH. If he uses tyrannical tactics to bully people in his own state to the degree that he allegedly has, he could have put Cheney to shame on the world front. I think he actually scared the crap out of the powers that be and they sank him. There's a lot more to this story than we will ever know.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 02-01-2014 01:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-01-2014 01:55 PM

Raggedyann wrote: True. But this guy could have ended up in the WH. If he uses tyrannical tactics to bully people in his own state to the degree that he allegedly has, he could have put Cheney to shame on the world front. I think he actually scared the crap out of the powers that be and they sank him. There's a lot more to this story than we will ever know.

We currently have Chicago bullies in the WH.

IF there is written evidence then he is cooked and foolish.
A man's character is his fate

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-01-2014 02:48 PM

The people who care about Christy knowing about a traffic jam, should be the same damn people who care about an American Ambassador and other Americans being killed, and then having the event covered up.

But then there are some who think THAT doesn't matter, yet we need to put Christy on the cross because of traffic.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-01-2014 05:38 PM

voguy wrote: But then there are some who think THAT doesn't matter, yet we need to put Christy on the cross because of traffic.

If you had a family member who was trying to get to the hospital using that bridge and they didn't make it, I wonder if you would think this to be such a trivial matter? The guy cares so much about his State that he uses hurricane relief funds to extort community mayors for his cronies businesses.

Obama is just as corrupt but this thread is about Christie. There are a hundred Obama bashing threads here. Pick one and carry on.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-01-2014 07:05 PM

Christy is a distraction, for other stuff that is going on. Plus , it seems that he has become the current "Poster Boy", for the BAD Bad, Republican. Our 2 party political system has just become a school yard free for all. And it is just boring the heck out of me! :cool:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-01-2014 07:38 PM

Raggedyann wrote: If you had a family member who was trying to get to the hospital using that bridge and they didn't make it, I wonder if you would think this to be such a trivial matter?

If you had a family member who as brutally killed, along with others, and then had a government who lied about what happened I wonder if you would think this to be such a trivial matter?

Two sins, different parties, yet the worse is forgiven and excused. What difference does it make?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 02-01-2014 08:17 PM

voguy wrote: If you had a family member who as brutally killed, along with others, and then had a government who lied about what happened I wonder if you would think this to be such a trivial matter?

Two sins, different parties, yet the worse is forgiven and excused. What difference does it make?

Cant argue with that.

This just shows you how big government can get out of control. It somebody's assistant to a assistant can do this then we are in trouble.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-02-2014 03:37 AM

voguy wrote: If you had a family member who as brutally killed, along with others, and then had a government who lied about what happened I wonder if you would think this to be such a trivial matter?

Of course I wouldn't think that would be a trivial matter. Why would you think I would? How silly. The fact that you brought this is up is just a way of distracting the subject away from the disgusting behavior of one of your precious Republicans.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-02-2014 11:35 AM

voguy wrote: The people who care about Christy knowing about a traffic jam, should be the same damn people who care about an American Ambassador and other Americans being killed, and then having the event covered up.

But then there are some who think THAT doesn't matter, yet we need to put Christy on the cross because of traffic.

Great example of folks who pick their annoyances, tragedies and disservice, dependent upon party affiliation.

It isn't that someone dying trying to get over the bridge doesn't matter but 4 did die in Benghazi and many in our country have decided to live with the obvious evidence and stonewalling and why? Their boy is in the WH so all is good.

I get why some of us are just utterly disgusted and up to here with "choosing your tragedy".
A man's character is his fate

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 02-02-2014 03:52 PM

DID he really know? Or was he just told there was road surveillance going on?

Did she really recant or was she coerced into doing so by outside sources?

--- Do we really care?

We have Benghazi --
'oh that was long ago....'

We have Boston bombing --
We have the theater shooting and Sandy Hook -- Both by mentally ill individuals.

NSA -- knew and did nothing... with all their so-called surveillance.
====

AND how many were seriously injured, died, had cars stolen - in Atlanta - why because things were not shut down when they knew a real storm was coming...

Priorities!

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 02-02-2014 05:42 PM

The United States does not torture.

President Barack Obama
January 2009

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”