Thanks Obama - New "Free Trade" Agreement

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-21-2014 02:38 PM

kbot -- have said the same thing - and I put pre-taxed monies into IRAs and interest on tax form interest earned - but now Obama administration plans to tax the pre-taxed monies. Go figure...

Oh ya and gee do not mention actual pages or quotes about ACA and what it will do to YOU, let alone senior citizens - cause it will be removed from the internet postings. Not kidding - seen three on line - all now "removed"... sad.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-22-2014 07:25 AM

I know CK. I think that, as a country and a society, we're screwed. Our debt is skyrocketing. Obama is about to unleash the government agencies such as the IRS on us to pay for their programs and inefficiencies, and penalize those who cannot absorb the financial hit. Debtors prisons seem to be making a come back and many economists estimate that the proverbial poop will be hitting the fan somewhere during the next decade. The way I see it - according to anaylists I've heard anyway, rigt about the time I shoujld be retiring, everything will start to unravel. Sounds about right.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-22-2014 11:26 AM

kbot - well as a baby boomer, I am retired - but I'm not retired, just semi-retired. How can anyone retire in this day and age? Gov't gives itself pay raises because they can. SS - oh gee not even 2% - yet the cost of living goes up. BUT gee the gov't area that decides about what is included for seniors - no no can't count this, that or the other cause gee you are retired. But for gov't peeps - count everything. (and maybe they even double it)

Anyway - with jobs leaving the US, and the real unemployment running around 1/3 or higher of the population we have a president who wants to allow all those illegals to move in and give them amnesty and everything else too.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-22-2014 12:18 PM

I hear ya. Our "beloved" state governor - who was supposed to have been tapped by Obama, but wasn't - and is "retiring", announced yesterday that all state workers could go home early and not report today. I was looking at the announcements on the tv this morning for the closures and almost all were government-related in smoe way shape or form. Meanwhile us out in the private sector still have to go to work. Believe me, I'm thankful to have a job, but at the same time, it irks the heck outta me with all the time off the government workers get (at our expense, btw...)
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-23-2014 10:53 AM

In the news - more company closures -- like Sears, Sprint Stores, Target and others are closing stores, laying off employees, etc. So the unemployment will go even higher.

---
It is a mess and probably will get worse. :(

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-23-2014 12:03 PM

Can't keep living in a service/ retail environment forever. Until our alleged leaders get some spine when it comes to manufacturing, we're going to continue on this downward path.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-23-2014 02:47 PM

--- OH gee and another thing-- all these people now on Medicaid -- gee when they die their assets can be seized to pay for their medical care costs.

Some law that is still on the books about that in almost all states. (and that means assets like property, etc. when they signed up -- homes??)

The AARP is still looking into that - guess more for Medicare than Medicaid, but still... wonder how many people who have signed up and been put to Medicaid know about the seizure bit?

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”