"Dear Dubya"... Drop Dead?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

"Dear Dubya"... Drop Dead?

Post by Riddick » 01-05-2014 01:51 PM

"When you were a candidate, I called you a corporation running for the Presidency masquerading as a human being. In time you turned a metaphor into a reality. As a corporation, you express no remorse, no shame, no compassion and a resistance to admit anything other than that you have done nothing wrong."

- Ralph Nader, from 'The Country You Destroyed': A Letter To George W. Bush - LINK

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-05-2014 03:49 PM

Mr Nader,is obviously unaware that the Obama, DOJ made sure that Mr Bush was forgiven for his "sins", as the current President is committing the same "sins" and just doesn't want to be "interrupted" in doing so.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-doj- ... ar/5346637

Let the "Blame Games" continue!:D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 01-05-2014 04:42 PM

Yes the current one is doing EVEN MORE!!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-06-2014 12:01 PM

All of which goes to prove the adage: "It's all in who you know..."
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-06-2014 03:46 PM

I recognize this is completely off topic but Ralph just comes across as no darn fun - I hardly ever pay attention to anything he has to say.

Am I too shallow?:cow:
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-06-2014 06:23 PM

Nah, I think that Ralph was a force - at one time. I think his time has passed. As Doka noted, Obama gave 43 et al a pass and granted immunity. If Nader didn't know this - he should have. Either that's sloppy on his part, or he's just too biased, and it shows....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-06-2014 07:32 PM

Biased first and no fun second.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-07-2014 07:20 AM

I stil say that ever since the 1990s with Clinton, and the GOP going after him the way they did entirely changed the political landscape in this country. Does that excuse what Clinton did? Of course not, but at the same time, the GOP should have remembered the lesson about people living in glass houses. Now we've just sunk to the lowest common denominator.......

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-07-2014 11:20 AM

kbot wrote: I stil say that ever since the 1990s with Clinton, and the GOP going after him the way they did entirely changed the political landscape in this country. Does that excuse what Clinton did? Of course not, but at the same time, the GOP should have remembered the lesson about people living in glass houses. Now we've just sunk to the lowest common denominator.......

Kbot,

I remember the five pm news coming on and the announcer said "if you have small children in the room I would caution you to turn this off or ask them to leave as the content is adult".

My point being either party would have run with that one - honestly can you imagine the Dems giving that a pass with a Republican Prez? No way.

They all know one another's dirty laundry and each party brings it our at what they consider their appropriate timing.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-07-2014 07:51 PM

I hear ya. Political parties would rather govern by soap opera than actually accomplish anything - both sides are equally guilty.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-08-2014 08:14 AM

Insomuch the man's looking at becoming a octogenarian next month, seems to me Ralph's earned the right to BE more than a bit biased, hasn't he?

Sure, he's one to readily rake Dubya over the coals, but it's not like no one with him on the Hard Left ISN'T already prone to doing that... yet in contrast to many if not most of those others bashing Bush ad infinitum, what IS quite novel about Nader is how he'll seldom pass up opportunities to dole out similar serious scorn for W's successor -!!Last but certainly not least? In recently taking critical aim at the PPACA, the long-time consumer crusader claims "costly complexity is baked into" the President's signature health care law... as well and no less noteworthy, from "Challenging Obamacare" -
In 2010, Ralph Nader called Obamacare a sellout to Big PhAMA and other healthcare giants, saying:
  • It doesn’t “provide universal, comprehensive or affordable care to the American people. It shovels hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer money (to predators that) created the problem.”

“It requires no contractual accountability or other benefits for people denied coverage under a pay-or-die system that’s the disgrace of the Western world.”

There’s no public option. Millions are left uninsured, millions more underinsured, and as poverty increases, so will their ranks exponentially.

“There’s (also) no free choice of doctor and hospital under this. There’s all kinds of exploit(ive provisions to let) health insurance (and drug) companies continue their ravenous ways over people who are (the) most vulnerable….when they’re sick or injured.”

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-08-2014 09:55 AM

kbot wrote: Nah, I think that Ralph was a force - at one time. I think his time has passed. As Doka noted, Obama gave 43 et al a pass and granted immunity. If Nader didn't know this - he should have. Either that's sloppy on his part, or he's just too biased, and it shows....

or... he is not biased at all, and you are just assuming he is because of party li(n)es. He is not dumb, what he said in his quote was 100% accurate. The fact that Obama is also a criminal does nothing to diminish this statement.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-08-2014 04:44 PM

Criminals in the White House? Fancy that. And Congress, well, we know what a great bunch THEY are eh!

It might be an oversimplification to say Washington is corrupt to the core... though not THAT much of one.
Last edited by Riddick on 01-08-2014 05:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-08-2014 04:50 PM

Is it not common practice for new prezzes to dismiss charges against former ones? Ford pardoned Nixon... any others?

This is how you keep the crime syndicate rolling.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-08-2014 05:18 PM

Absolve your predecessor? Check. Continue his policies and add to them? Check. Lie to the public on a regular basis? Check.

Leave it to the Crime Syndicate of America to keep things running smoothly - "Forever Evil" isn't just their motto, it's their lifestyle.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”