Gee, ya think?!?!!?!!?!?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-12-2014 03:45 PM

AND now onto more ACA stuff put forth by WH administration -- forcing states to pick up every medicaid enrolled individual (family) in spite of state income limits.

----
AND then of course MORE ID thefts beyond Target and Neiman Marcus stores.... and not from JUST this last holiday season but going back further and still happening!

---
THEN finding several states in trillions of $$ of debt - all due to pensions for former state employees. (debt that way exceeds what those retirees would have received on SS)

---
and a whole lot more "coming to light" about gov't frauds...

---
THINK I need something a bit more than just coffee!!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-12-2014 04:23 PM

Raggedyann wrote: It's laughable. I've been swallowing my own vomit listening to the Christie shills defend him.

The busiest bridge in the world is practically immobilized for 4 days way back in Sept and the Gov of the State isn't asking why at the time this was happening? It was all over the news as this was happening. C'mon that is ridiculous. This was a bully tactic. Only problem is, instead of sticking to his usual behavior of just calling people idiots, he decided to abuse his power on a larger scale.

These thugs make sure there is absolutely no paper trail that will directly connect them to the corruption. And everybody else involved will cover for him. Politics as usual.
RA at least he fired those involved - no one fired in the Tea Party/IRS scandal, Benghazi - not to mention the huge flop of a pathetic and sloppy job of Socialized Med rollout.

The Dems have a really hard time firing anyone - personally I think it's part of their personality make up. They feel compassion for the perp but not the victim(s).
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-12-2014 08:55 PM

Diogenes wrote: They feel compassion for the perp but not the victim(s).

Guess this must be why Bush/Cheney are still walking around free and everybody on Wall Street still have their $40 mil a yr. jobs.

Things are so hopeless now that I think most of us have stopped comparing which thug is from which party. Scandals have become nothing but an entertainment circus.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-12-2014 10:09 PM

I wasn't making the comparison to regale the R's over the Dems, simply stating the facts. Our current President hasn't fired a soul for mismanagement or any of the other egrigious acts committed Probaly Michelle has more of that type of moxie than he does. In fact I'm sure of that.

The Bush/Cheney war criminals moniker is really old news as is Wall Street and if you want to argue with anyone relative to retribution you might think of President Obama or his trusty steed the AJ who have been most helpful in the protection racket.

Living in this country and having some basic understanding of the founding and our founders I can only watch with great sadness and loathing for what the next 50 years will bring for our children and theirs.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-12-2014 11:56 PM

Scandal - like using executive power to put people in offices without going through congress - WHEN congress is in session??

This is going to the Supreme Court for violation of the constitutional power of the executive office - Obama.

It is one thing to make appointments when congress is not in session...but quite another to do so when congress IS in session and not get their approval.

Could be interesting!
====

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ ... tive-power

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2014 12:07 AM

Diogenes wrote: I wasn't making the comparison to regale the R's over the Dems, simply stating the facts. Our current President hasn't fired a soul for mismanagement or any of the other egrigious acts committed Probaly Michelle has more of that type of moxie than he does. In fact I'm sure of that.

The Bush/Cheney war criminals moniker is really old news as is Wall Street and if you want to argue with anyone relative to retribution you might think of President Obama or his trusty steed the AJ who have been most helpful in the protection racket.

Living in this country and having some basic understanding of the founding and our founders I can only watch with great sadness and loathing for what the next 50 years will bring for our children and theirs.

Well we were discussing Christie and you brought up Obama's shortcomings, which compelled me to throw in the criminal mismanagement of Bush/Cheney. The Christie corruption has nothing to do with Obama, so if you're not playing the comparing game, why bring him up?

Wall Street and Bush/Cheney are not old news. These events are still fresh in the minds of millions of people who are still feeling the impact of their policies and non policies. I don't blame you for putting them out of your mind though. Ugly memories.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2014 06:30 AM

Last week I was speaking with a young woman I work with - trying to talk her out of enlisting in the Mass Nat'l Guard. Normally, I'm pro-military, but, chances are, as with many entering military service now, she's be sent to Afghanistan. And, since the discovery of the country's are Earth mineral deposits, we're going to be there for a long, long time. She's looking to do what many who have entered military service have done, and that is to use the education benefits. But, she has a much better chance being deployed to a war zone we shouldn't even be in, than in actually using the benefits......

That's something that can be laid at the feet of both 43/ Cheney as well as Obama.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-13-2014 11:28 AM

Weren't we originally going to leave an army base in Iraq? Just a small one, but still --- what happened to that? Now AlQaeda groups are -- well what a mess.

I would say pull out our military from Afghanistan. But of course - O has kaboshed that.

---

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-13-2014 12:14 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Well we were discussing Christie and you brought up Obama's shortcomings, which compelled me to throw in the criminal mismanagement of Bush/Cheney. The Christie corruption has nothing to do with Obama, so if you're not playing the comparing game, why bring him up?

Wall Street and Bush/Cheney are not old news. These events are still fresh in the minds of millions of people who are still feeling the impact of their policies and non policies. I don't blame you for putting them out of your mind though. Ugly memories.

RA,

I stated facts relative to firings and holding folks accountable - you countered with the Bush/Cheney War Criminal saga and I referred you to this administration who hold no one including themselves accountable for the myriad of scandals and bullying on their part.

If you don't think one can feel bullied by the IRS think again. That is major bullying and abuse of power.

Our problems with this country and our politics goes much further back than the Iraq war.

It's a bit more complicated than just Bush/Cheney.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2014 12:30 PM

Originally posted by Diogenes
[BIf you don't think one can feel bullied by the IRS think again. That is major bullying and abuse of power.

This will definitely become more of an issue with Obamacare. As I said before, here in Mass, we have been required to provide proof of insurance coverage with our state taxes. What is now required is national in scope.... Huge difference.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-13-2014 12:51 PM

Back to Obamacare - yes the US taxpayer will be the ultimate Re-Insurer.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blo ... 74167.html

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-13-2014 05:38 PM

Diogenes wrote: Back to Obamacare - yes the US taxpayer will be the ultimate Re-Insurer.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blo ... 74167.html
From the article: "Obamacare is being aided by having taxpayers subsidize big insurance companies’ business expenses. (Who could ever have guessed that big government and big business might be natural allies?)"

AND make no mistake, folks, as this is NOT just a one-off it's beyond a big bailout - For the most part, 'Joe Average' taxpayers cover ongoing losses, while corporations keep any profits from all the baked-in 'costly complexities' - Is THAT a 'Business Model We Can Believe In'? Whether we can or can't, or you like it or you don't like it, LEARN TO LOVE IT 'cause it's the BEST thing going today...

Welcome to "Collectivist Capitalism"!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-13-2014 06:16 PM

I'm looking forward to the book which will be written about the dirty deals struck all around just to get this pig to fly.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-14-2014 02:58 PM

Well - at least the year end things for SS is -- shows Medicare coverage....

Back in time noticed on one of the son's W2 - showed medical insurance coverage deductions as such. (just did not say what medical insurance company)...

----
Gov't demands... bah humbug!

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”