Gee, ya think?!?!!?!!?!?

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-09-2014 12:07 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: --
two other news bits... GEE the Guy who is to investigate the IRS is big Obama donor... nononoo bad

---
Christie and the bridge bit - seems it was someone in his office who did that???

You've got me on the first one......

The Christie thing - seems as if this is going to be passed-off to the ever-present "low-level" employee.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-09-2014 03:11 PM

kbot - yes the GOP is calling for Obama to remove that individual and replace with a neutral group. (IRS Bit)

---
News off drudge link -- seems more Al Qaeda control in middle east than at any time in the past. Congress critters are concerned about it as are some foreign countries...especially those who get oil from that area.

---
Dems are pushing amnesty - illegal immigrants. And additional UC... pure political ploy for votes?? sure seems that way...

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-09-2014 03:16 PM

Is there such as thing as a "neutral group"?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-09-2014 05:22 PM

kbot wrote: Is there such as thing as a "neutral group"?
They're common in scientific studies, but even then, they're something of a contrivance.

I'd say it'd be virtually impossible to find a group of absolutely politically-neutral adults, unless they've been all specifically raised in a controlled environment from birth.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-09-2014 08:10 PM

well - neutral in this case - one DEM, one GOP, one IND and one "whatever other major third party type group" -

then throw in for each State - State atty's (who have tax backgrounds) 2 from each state (or three) - to go over Fed IRS stuff...

YES and make sure to equalize male-female ratios as well!

asking too much ehh?

strindl
Pirate

Post by strindl » 01-09-2014 08:35 PM

kbot wrote: You've got me on the first one......

The Christie thing - seems as if this is going to be passed-off to the ever-present "low-level" employee.
It wasn't a low level employee..it was christies deputy chief of staff who sent an email to a Christie appointee on the commission that oversees the highways. She asked him specifically to cause traffic problems in the city whose mayor didn't endorse Christie, and he complied.

And it's not logical to assume that his deputy chief of staff acted without christies knowledge.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-09-2014 09:29 PM

strindl wrote: It wasn't a low level employee..it was christies deputy chief of staff who sent an email to a Christie appointee on the commission that oversees the highways. She asked him specifically to cause traffic problems in the city whose mayor didn't endorse Christie, and he complied.

And it's not logical to assume that his deputy chief of staff acted without christies knowledge.

It's laughable. I've been swallowing my own vomit listening to the Christie shills defend him.

The busiest bridge in the world is practically immobilized for 4 days way back in Sept and the Gov of the State isn't asking why at the time this was happening? It was all over the news as this was happening. C'mon that is ridiculous. This was a bully tactic. Only problem is, instead of sticking to his usual behavior of just calling people idiots, he decided to abuse his power on a larger scale.

These thugs make sure there is absolutely no paper trail that will directly connect them to the corruption. And everybody else involved will cover for him. Politics as usual.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-10-2014 07:07 AM

strindl wrote: It wasn't a low level employee..it was christies deputy chief of staff who sent an email to a Christie appointee on the commission that oversees the highways. She asked him specifically to cause traffic problems in the city whose mayor didn't endorse Christie, and he complied.

Exactly - "low-level" being a relative term compared to the actual governor's post.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-10-2014 07:07 AM

Raggedyann wrote: It's laughable. I've been swallowing my own vomit listening to the Christie shills defend him.

The busiest bridge in the world is practically immobilized for 4 days way back in Sept and the Gov of the State isn't asking why at the time this was happening? It was all over the news as this was happening. C'mon that is ridiculous. This was a bully tactic. Only problem is, instead of sticking to his usual behavior of just calling people idiots, he decided to abuse his power on a larger scale.

These thugs make sure there is absolutely no paper trail that will directly connect them to the corruption. And everybody else involved will cover for him. Politics as usual.

Federal charges are looming. It's a crime to deliberately shut down an interstate highway.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-10-2014 11:54 AM

Back to Obamacare. Now that the government website is fixed (we're told), reality has begun to set in.......... And there's that Law of Unintended Consequences at work again........

Insurers under fire as Obamacare kicks in

New policyholders are having trouble confirming coverage, obtaining ID numbers and getting care.

Insurers say the inability of many people to enroll through HealthCare.gov in October and November, coupled with deadline extensions to get Jan. 1 coverage, created an unexpected bottleneck of applications in late December.

The wave of policy cancellations for millions of Americans this fall added to the upheaval, and industry officials have also complained about lost or delayed delivery of enrollment files from the federal and state exchanges.

Blue Shield of California said it is still getting applications for Jan. 1 coverage from the state exchange.

A spokesman for HealthCare.gov said "we have fixed most of the issues that may impact a consumer's enrollment with a health plan."

In light of the lingering problems, California's exchange extended the payment deadline to Jan. 15 for coverage starting Jan. 1, and some insurers across the country have granted even more time.

Many people have taken to social media to vent and seek help from their insurer. Helen Syrpes of Denver was incensed that Anthem posted a photo of a baby in the bathtub to wish customers on its Facebook page "Happy Bubble Bath Day!" and told them it's a great way to reduce stress.

"Please stop posting on your Facebook page about bubble baths, and reply back to your members. Answer your phones, you are CAUSING STRESS," the 36-year-old said on the company's Facebook page.

Syrpes paid to renew her existing coverage and thought she would avoid all the hassles of the healthcare law. But her drugstore had no record of her Anthem plan when she tried getting prescriptions filled a week ago.

Some consumers are demanding partial refunds on January premiums that were paid weeks ago. Jeffrey Morgan, a marketing consultant in Lakewood, said Anthem Blue Cross rejected his refund request after waiting on the phone more than two hours Thursday.

Morgan has paid his January premium of $1,200 for his family's coverage, but the company erroneously sent him a member ID card showing his coverage isn't in effect until March 1.

"I enrolled well before the deadline and paid well before the deadline and I need prescriptions that are critical to my healthcare," Morgan said.

Even insurance agents say they can't get through to the companies to assist their clients.

"This whole law is a gift to insurance companies," said Helena Ruffin, a health insurance agent in Venice. "They owe us good customer service."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-i ... z2q0ynXFvW

Interesting that even an insurance agent views this government plan as a gift to the insurance companies......

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-10-2014 12:19 PM

kbot - and there is some gal on fb who single - got a cheaper acct and has already used it and claimed no payment of deductions.. makes one wonder.

---
and in mean time - Reid has changed the UC extension of 3 to 10 or 11 months?? Talk politics...ya.

---

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-10-2014 01:35 PM

The nurses who work in the OR here have an expression when things go horribly wrong 'Yeah, it turned into a cluster-f*ck....".

I think that's where we're heading.......

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-10-2014 03:40 PM

I would imagine you will say the same thing about President Obama's trips and falls relative to the times we have heard exactly the very same words from him.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-10-2014 03:53 PM

kbot wrote: Federal charges are looming. It's a crime to deliberately shut down an interstate highway.

Yes it's a crime but I just can't get my stomach in an uproar when I compare something childish like this compared to Benghazi.

Please lets try to put this in perspective. I will say one thing I do wonder how these four or five came up with this on their own. Normally there is a whiff of something in the air which says "oh yes this would fly".

Sort of like those IRS folks just all of a sudden on their own targeting the Tea Party folks- they sort of kind of knew wink wink nod nod that would be ok as well.
A man's character is his fate

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-12-2014 03:41 PM

Actually many interstate highways have been shut down, cut down to one or two lanes - just about every day of the year. Accidents and repairs are just two things that happen. THIS was overboard for sure, but it was not completely SHUT down - just lanes cut down. Remember when a president visits some cities - whole lot more gets shut down!!!

Just look at many cities rush hour traffic situations...as they say get a clue!

====

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”