Gee, ya think?!?!!?!!?!?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-31-2013 05:46 PM

Kbot says:

"At some point you have to wonder how much of this - the Great Society and the welfare state and its many "programs" - has been purposely contrived and executed with a goal (perhaps not the only goal) of creating a permanent class in society that is totally dependent on the government."

I believe that absolutely as it's the only thing which makes sense.

As an example one would not want to intentionally raise a child to be dependent it's entire life but that is exactly the Progressive mind set. It is couched as compasison but true compassion would not make individuals dependent upon of all things the government.

The more I read the more I am certain all of this goes way back at least fifty years and it's planned - there is an agenda.
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-31-2013 07:03 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: k-bot - we are already seeing higher "looting" and thefts going on. TWO very disgusting ones in news in the last week.

1. Was the home of a woman who was dead (lying in her bedroom). The place was looted not just once but several times. Neighbors just thought she was selling off stuff and planning to go into a senior's home.

2. Convenience store where the worker was lying dead in the doorway. People just stepped over him. (caught on hidden camera) Thieves there did not steal large quantities, but just stepped over the body.

Even the pawn shops don't know if something is stolen until after they have paid out on pawned goods. At times it is due to police reports not received to be on 'look out' for certain items until several days after thefts were reported. Some items were stolen when occupants were on vacations and thefts not discovered until they returned. Pawn shops were also in adjoining states from the thefts. (news report over the Thanksgiving weekend.)

I think that at some point society becomes numb to the experience of crime. The police say that they have too many cases and have to prioritize. People who commit crimes (and are caught) say that they have to because they don't have a job, and need to steal in order to survive - not totally buying that one.... Then there is the "anonymity factor". At some point society reaches a saturation point with population. So, to some, life becomes cheap. One life is viewed as a throw-away. We have people who kill others "just to see how it feels", or the newest kick of just cold-cocking someone to see if s/he can be knocked-out with a single blow.

All the signs are there......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-31-2013 07:12 PM

Diogenes wrote: Kbot says:

"At some point you have to wonder how much of this - the Great Society and the welfare state and its many "programs" - has been purposely contrived and executed with a goal (perhaps not the only goal) of creating a permanent class in society that is totally dependent on the government."

I believe that absolutely as it's the only thing which makes sense.

As an example one would not want to intentionally raise a child to be dependent it's entire life but that is exactly the Progressive mind set. It is couched as compasison but true compassion would not make individuals dependent upon of all things the government.

The more I read the more I am certain all of this goes way back at least fifty years and it's planned - there is an agenda.

It used to be (I hear...) that college was a place of "classical" learning. And whether that meant classical in terms of research physics, chemistry, medicine, or the languages and humanities, the arts - I heard that that was what college "was". And, they are stil to some degree.

Then we got "social-engineering" as majors, and new careers were launched to facilitate the creation of Great Society jobs that were now necessary in order to help the masses. A new level of jobs were create that, by necessity, required that more problems be identified and dealt with - usually via tax programs.

I once read about how some of the country's "elite" got involved in the education system back in the day as the expression goes.

So, we see such odd pairings as Carnegie and Rockefeller getting into and structuring the new education paradigm and creating foundations that shape curriculum.

These same individuals and their organizations also just happened to move American through the Industrial Age, shepherd heir corporations through their battles with unions - and also moved their businesses else where when they saw fit.

Just saying........

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-01-2014 05:43 PM

When I see the post relative to how perfect the experience of signing up for Obamacare is and the effeciency is mindblowing and the plethora of plans and oh my gosh it's almost magical how this has all been pulled together - it reminds me of the Deal Dash commercial.

The old saying if it sounds like it's too good to be true, etc.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-01-2014 07:08 PM

Let's be honest. Most citizens would give up their freedoms for stuff and money without having to work. The more like them, the more it's acceptable.

Maybe I will quit and become a professional deadbeat.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-02-2014 10:46 AM

and then we hear:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oba ... 73207.html

Seems they haven't been paid for at least a month.
===

Seems more people who are NOT enrolled as they have not paid first month's premiums of ObamaCare. Nor have many who have lost their medical coverage insurance companies signed up as previously reported.

Long lists of demands on the coverages that people do not need or want, thus people are not signing up or have canceled their signups.

---
In the mean time - snow, blizzards and cold temps abound. Hmm.... IS okay, I'll just stay inside.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-02-2014 12:03 PM

From the article:

According to the CEO Jason Leday, more than 150 employees haven't been paid in nearly a month.

"I understand that they have children and a house payment, bills. Not getting paid is wow," nearby resident Theresa Gutierrez said.

The hospital is strapped for cash not because its not making money, but because Leday says a new Medicare payment facilitator named Novitas Solutions is taking too way long to pay out Medicare claims to the hospital.

Anyone truly believe that creditors are going to relax and individual's payment obligations just because of Obama's health system?

This is gonna be a train wreck........ I smell class action lawsuits brewing.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

strindl
Pirate

Post by strindl » 01-02-2014 01:24 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: and then we hear:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oba ... 73207.html

Seems they haven't been paid for at least a month.
===

Seems more people who are NOT enrolled as they have not paid first month's premiums of ObamaCare. Nor have many who have lost their medical coverage insurance companies signed up as previously reported.

Long lists of demands on the coverages that people do not need or want, thus people are not signing up or have canceled their signups.
]\

Just to clarify your post, which is misleading...the article that you linked and the trouble with that medicare contractor have nothing to do with Obamacare.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-02-2014 03:01 PM

Just another one of those unintended consequences.......... I only posted part of the article.

Access to Health Care May Increase ER Visits, Study Suggests

Supporters of President Obama’s health care law had predicted that expanding insurance coverage for the poor would reduce costly emergency room visits as people sought care from primary care doctors. But a rigorous new study conducted in Oregon has flipped that assumption on its head, finding that the newly insured actually went to the emergency room more often.

The study, published in the journal Science, compared thousands of low-income people in the Portland area who were randomly selected in a 2008 lottery to get Medicaid coverage with people who entered the lottery but remained uninsured. Those who gained coverage made 40 percent more visits to the emergency room than their uninsured counterparts. The pattern was so strong that it held true across most demographic groups, times of day, and types of visits, including for conditions that were treatable in primary care settings.

The finding casts doubt on the hope that expanded insurance coverage will help rein in rising emergency room costs just as more than two million people are gaining coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

Instead, the study suggests that the surge in the numbers of insured people may put even greater pressure on emergency rooms and increase costs. Nearly 30 million uninsured Americans could gain coverage under the law, about half of them through Medicaid. The first policies took effect on Wednesday.

“I suspect that the finding will be surprising to many in the policy debate,” said Katherine Baicker, an economist at Harvard University’s School of Public Health and one of the authors of the study.

But Dr. Baicker and other economists who worked on the study said the increased use of emergency rooms is driven by a basic economic principle: When things or services get cheaper, people buy and use more of them. Previous studies have found that uninsured people face substantial out of pocket costs that can put them in debt when they go to the emergency room, and that Medicaid reduces those costs.

Medicaid coverage also reduces the costs of going to a primary care doctor, and a previous analysis of data from the Oregon experiment found that such doctor visits also increased substantially. Researchers concluded that gaining health coverage led to an across-the-board rise in the use of health care.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/03/healt ... .html?_r=0
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-02-2014 04:27 PM

kbot wrote: From the article:

According to the CEO Jason Leday, more than 150 employees haven't been paid in nearly a month.

"I understand that they have children and a house payment, bills. Not getting paid is wow," nearby resident Theresa Gutierrez said.

The hospital is strapped for cash not because its not making money, but because Leday says a new Medicare payment facilitator named Novitas Solutions is taking too way long to pay out Medicare claims to the hospital.

Anyone truly believe that creditors are going to relax and individual's payment obligations just because of Obama's health system?

This is gonna be a train wreck........ I smell class action lawsuits brewing.

I smell public bail out long term - but then I am repeating myself.:surprised

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-02-2014 04:39 PM

Sounds like the Deal Dash theorum to me:D

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-02-2014 07:24 PM

Diogenes wrote: I smell public bail out long term - but then I am repeating myself.:surprised

I don't think that a public bail-out could work in this situation. How anyone can possibly expect the government to realistically expand healthcare coverage - and pay their bills, when they can't manage what they already have pending on their plate is mind-boggling.

For anyone that does believe this - I know of a bridge in New York that is available for sale.....:D

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-03-2014 12:30 PM

AND NOW: Drudge links below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... k-out.html

and

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/ ... horization

---
ahh yes and how many more will there be? Considering the snow and accidents -- oh my.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-03-2014 02:28 PM

I can't believe the amount of out-of-pocket deductibles in play here - over $5,000!?!??!?! That's insane. That's even more of a rip-of than the greedy insurance companies are charging - and that's with Obama's "bronze plan".

But, at the same time - $500 for a chest x-ray???? We're waaay undercharging. I think I'll go work in Virginia :D

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-03-2014 02:36 PM

And then we have this - Obama's really after those nuns........ Hasn't he ever heard of Karma????

UPDATE 2-U.S. asks top court not to extend Catholics' contraception exemption

Jan 3 (Reuters) - The U.S. government asked the Supreme Court on Friday not to allow Roman Catholic-affiliated groups a temporary exemption from a part of the Obamacare healthcare law that requires employers to provide insurance policies covering contraception.

On Tuesday night, Justice Sonia Sotomayor had granted a temporary injunction preventing the government from enforcing the so-called "contraception mandate" against the Little Sisters of the Poor and Christian Brothers Services while litigation continues.

In its filing on Friday, the government said the groups have no legal basis to file the lawsuit because the insurance plan in question is a "church plan," which the government has already acknowledged it cannot force to provide contraception coverage.

Little Sisters of the Poor is a Baltimore-based order of nuns that runs nursing homes across the country. Christian Brothers Services administers healthcare plans for Catholic organizations.

Now that the court has received the government's filing, it will decide whether to extend the injunction while the case continues in lower courts. There is no deadline for court action, and Sotomayor can make the decision herself or refer it to the whole court, in which case all nine justices will decide.

The case coincides with the expansion this year of coverage under the 2010 Obamacare law, the most sweeping U.S. social legislation in 50 years.

The religious organizations accuse the federal government of forcing them to support contraception and sterilization in violation of their religious beliefs or face steep fines.

'PERMISSION SLIP'

The 2010 Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, aims to dramatically reduce the number of Americans with no health insurance, estimated by the government at more than 45 million.

Republicans oppose the law, and hope their stance gains them seats in November's Congressional elections, especially after glitches with the website used to enroll people in coverage.

The healthcare law requires employers to provide insurance covering preventive services for women, including contraception and sterilization. There is an exception for religious institutions such as houses of worship that mainly serve and employ members of their own faith, but not schools, hospitals and charitable organizations employing people of all faiths.

As a compromise, the administration agreed to an accommodation for non-profits affiliated with religious entities that was finalized in July.

Under the accommodation, eligible non-profits must provide a "self certification", described by one lower court judge as a "permission slip" authorizing insurance companies to provide the coverage. Challengers say that step alone violates their religious rights, regardless of whether employees ultimately receive contraception coverage.

They also point to court papers in which the government has said it is still looking at ways to enforce the contraception mandate against church plan administrators.

In a separate case in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., the government said in a November filing that officials "continue to consider potential options to fully and appropriately extend the consumer protections provided by the preventive services coverage regulations to self-insured church plans."

A federal judge in Colorado, William Martinez, denied the plaintiffs' request for an injunction on Dec. 27. The Denver-based 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed suit on Dec 31, prompting the last minute plea to the Supreme Court.

Throughout the country, Catholic groups are asking the courts to exempt them temporarily from the mandate while litigation continues. Most courts have granted the requests. The mandate, which was due to take effect for the organizations on Wednesday, is already in place for many women who have private health insurance.

In separate cases, the Supreme Court already has agreed to hear oral arguments on whether for-profit corporations have the basis to object to the contraception mandate on religious grounds. The court is due to hear the arguments in March and decide the two consolidated cases by the end of June

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/ ... NP20140103

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”