'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone

Post by Doka » 10-08-2013 03:29 PM

Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard. - See more at: http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x1442 ... DArR1.dpuf

OUTRAGES :realmad:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-08-2013 04:40 PM

Doka,

I agree these things aren't essential - I mean after all things like the congressional barber, beauty parlor for the gals, the uni sex work out gym, steam baths, massage and other stress reliever state of the art work out equipment- well this is essential as the poor dears have real stress and can you imagine how that is multiplied during this crisis.

Well at least we opened the mall for the Illegals to rant, complete with politicians who rode in on their/our federally funded (I am sure) golf carts.

And folks wonder why there is talk of a revolution????

:realmad:
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-08-2013 06:24 PM

This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS indeed! And even moreso for the total lack of concern for people's feelings...

I mean, what's with this irresponsibly insensitive and uncaring reporting by the Eagle Tribune, anyway - Really now, letting the Y word get out like that! Best a correct-minded citizen err on the side of self-censorship, as its use may offend folks who find its racist overtones objectionable - As it is, for those locked up Japanese senior citizens, it only adds insult to injury doesn't it?

I dunno what to say, though... For want of a suitably nondescript word in polite conversation, what else might we call it other than Something-stone National Park?
Last edited by Riddick on 10-08-2013 06:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-08-2013 06:25 PM

Only thing Dio, is that a revolt is exactly what I believe is what they seek. We would be so much easier to keep tabs on, shoot, loot and etc. We need a miracle..................I'm pretty sure that I could handle good news......still. :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-08-2013 06:28 PM

OUTRAGEOUS

That's the word! :D
KARMA RULES

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-08-2013 07:04 PM

Riddick wrote: This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS indeed! And even moreso for the total lack of concern for people's feelings...

I mean, what's with this irresponsibly insensitive and uncaring reporting by the Eagle Tribune, anyway - Really now, letting the Y word get out like that! Best a correct-minded citizen err on the side of self-censorship, as its use may offend folks who find its racist overtones objectionable - As it is, for those locked up Japanese senior citizens, it only adds insult to injury doesn't it?

I dunno what to say, though... For want of a suitably nondescript word in polite conversation, what else might we call it other than Something-stone National Park?

Well for lack of wit we could just agree to go with Nothingstone, Blankstone, Nostone but for goodness sake do not let the Y word escape your lips forever more. It's just too hurtful.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-08-2013 09:26 PM

Diogenes wrote: Well for lack of wit we could just agree to go with Nothingstone, Blankstone, Nostone but for goodness sake do not let the Y word escape your lips forever more. It's just too hurtful.
Besides using Nullstone or any such variants as you've mentioned, in large there's really no escaping offending SOMEone on the spectrum anymore is there?

"B---kstone" is obviously right out, with "B---nstone" being no better. "G--ystone" might insult seasoned citizens. "B--estone" may offend Argyria sufferers along with Democrats. "G---nstone" could irritate Earth firsters or terminally envious people -

Then, there's "O----estone" possibly putting off folks who still remember Anita "Homosexuality is a Mortal Sin" Bryant - Of course, in no way would "W---estone" work, as it obviously suggests racial supremacy. And "R-dstone": well, you REALLY don't want to go there, do you now, fork-tongued paleface?
Last edited by Riddick on 10-08-2013 09:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-09-2013 10:55 AM

Doka wrote: Only thing Dio, is that a revolt is exactly what I believe is what they seek. We would be so much easier to keep tabs on, shoot, loot and etc. We need a miracle..................I'm pretty sure that I could handle good news......still. :)

I believe you're correct. Look at all the EOs that have been signed just for this purpose. And it seems that the number of these just grows with each administration.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-09-2013 12:46 PM

Riddick,

Do you think the answer is we all resort to sign language?

I mean even if one of our insensitive and cave like brothers or sisters performed the - well I can't even say it as it's so revolting but you know what I mean I am sure. At least with sign language the egregous act would not reverberate in our ears over and over and over causing such extreme pain.

Seriously even the new Fed chair is dangeriously close to the unspeakable. Frankly I hope our all knowing and seeing and doing President will encourage her, along with the Washington Red Skins, to quietly change her name.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-09-2013 03:22 PM

Diogenes wrote: Riddick,

Do you think the answer is we all resort to sign language?

I mean even if one of our insensitive and cave like brothers or sisters performed the - well I can't even say it as it's so revolting but you know what I mean I am sure. At least with sign language the egregous act would not reverberate in our ears over and over and over causing such extreme pain.
I suppose in switching to sign language, just as folks start flapping their lips, we could stick our fingers in our ears and grimace to let them know they should shut up already. That'd make it real tough on politicians, but hey, whachoogonnado?
Diogenes wrote: Seriously even the new Fed chair is dangeriously close to the unspeakable. Frankly I hope our all knowing and seeing and doing President will encourage her, along with the Washington Red Skins, to quietly change her name.
I can see how easily it could be done, too - Just reverse the order of the letters in her surname! "Nelley" should be inoffensive enough, donchathink? I suppose some dyslexics might see it the other way around and panic, but other than that it shouldn't be a problem.

By a similar reordering, we'd have the Washington Dersniks... Trouble there is, Dersnik is a town in Serbia, so that presents an ethnicity issue. At that rate, maybe they should just make it a two-fer, rename them the Washington Nelleys and be done withi it?

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”