Do that to me one more time, once is never enough....

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-09-2013 07:11 PM

kbot wrote: So, when will the Thought Police be unleashed?
Would you believe they're ALREADY on the job?

Busted by the Hollywood Thought Police -!

Why actor James Woods doesn't expect to ever work again
The actor has been critical of Democrats and the president and presumes his political opinions will cost him jobs.

After repeatedly criticizing President Barack Obama, actor James Woods suggested in a tweet late Tuesday that his politics may cost him work in Hollywood.

Woods has been critical of Obama before but in the past few days seems particularly incensed at the president’s handling of the partial government shutdown. He tweeted, for example: “This President is a true abomination. To have barricaded the WW2 vets, but allow illegal aliens privilege...” The tweet linked to a USA Today article.

Full Story

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-12-2013 03:58 PM

This Loophole Can End the Government Shutdown
President Obama could overrule one obscure opinion from Jimmy Carter’s attorney general—and reopen the government himself.
Full Story

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-13-2013 07:48 AM

Why do that? As it is, Obama is getting what he wants. Polls show that the American people still view the GOP as being responsible, although the difference between the OP/ Democrats/ Obama really isn't all that much. And, the more this drags out, the GOP is being shown as being the part that wants to prevent sick kids from getting access to healthcare.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-13-2013 09:48 AM

The only poll seen that still blamed the GOP was done in DC and given to DEMS - to answer. --- Other polls were blaming Obama.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 10-13-2013 09:56 AM

I've had to start marking posts on my Facebook account as "offensive" as so many of my "friends" keep latching on to anything and everything that either supports their side or mocks the other. So much of what they post is pure bullsheit, usually with ounce of truth and a gallon of crap.

Same with e-mail, I've had to start marking mail that comes to me as the 10th forward of a stupid hack post.

I'm sorry these users will ultimately get a reprimand from Facebook, or have their e-mail account marked as spam on the RBL, but there are consequences for being an asshat.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”