Obama didn't see this one coming.......

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-06-2013 07:12 PM

voguy wrote: Anything that government is involved in will end up as a Charlie Foxtrot.

It's called the nanny state meeting big business......

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-06-2013 07:29 PM

And as long as it's someone else's money, the sky is the limit.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-06-2013 07:39 PM

Isn't that always the case though?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-07-2013 03:50 PM

Perhaps with government. But personally, I've never thought of, or done anything in life that required someone else to pay for my needs. If I have taken a loan, it's always been paid back sooner than due and with interest.

As far as the fed is concerned, we're their cash cows, available at a moment's notice to be milked.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-07-2013 06:03 PM

voguy wrote: Perhaps with government. But personally, I've never thought of, or done anything in life that required someone else to pay for my needs. If I have taken a loan, it's always been paid back sooner than due and with interest.

As far as the fed is concerned, we're their cash cows, available at a moment's notice to be milked.

That's because you're a responsible person. There are many in life who are not, and the government enables them even more.......

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 08-07-2013 07:35 PM

..and it looks like an even bigger push - from the old original tea party group? To push the penny bit -- or should we say reduce all spending 1% - with very few exceptions...

reducing redundancies - like 5 programs in gov't that all supposedly do the same thing (oh same with maybe a sentence changed or added, removed to create the "new" agencies over the years....

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-08-2013 05:56 AM

We see this all the time in healthcare - we need to document certain things for the federal government (CMS - Medicare), and the stae (DPH), and a slew of otehr agencies on top of that. But, they all want their own forms and format used........

So, we end-up doing the same work over and over again to satisfy some bureaucrat's vision of how the world ought to be.....

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 08-12-2013 11:22 AM

Not sure if I should put this here or .....

US/Mexican border overwhelmed with Mexicans seeking "Asylum" -- and being put up in hotels while "waiting". And some being sent "elsewhere"... ????

Since when did we issue any statement about Mexico being a country where "asylum" was needed for the people? WHO told these hundreds and thousands of Mexicans to utilize the word to gain entry into the USA. When they do they are supposedly to get court hearings - but they never show up and just disappear into the rest of the illegals. (Articles found on several internet sites.)

Obama has opened the USA to people from Syria seeking asylum due to the political problems there. Will they be sent back once their political situation settles?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-12-2013 01:58 PM

Will become a healthcare issue as they will be required to have healthcare, and since employers probably won't provide it, that means the taxpayers will........

Not on the same thread (exactly), but over the weekend I was watching a segment on Fox News (late Friday night) and the topic was EBT cards, and how this administration working through the Dept of Agriculture, has been sending activists out into communities to recruit people to sign-up for EBT cards, even though this activity is clearly illegal.

Some of the segments showed how the Agriculture Dept has been using data that shows who in which communities use the cards, and who don't. The government targeted these people and would apply pressure on them to sign-up. If they refused to sign-up, they would continue to pressure them until they did.

Two scenarios were highlighted that caught my attention - one in the rural mountainous region of North Carolina where the administration said that the people there were engaging in "mountain pride" and developed a concerted effort to break that trait, and get them to sign-up.

Another used radio Spanish-language skits in southern Florida in attempts to get people there to sign-up.

In both cases, the targeted people did not want to avail themselves of the EBT cards, prefering to remain self-sufficient. But the Obama administration continues to push the program, despite people's general refusal to participate.

Your tax dollars at work......

So, the message out there is that if you come here, the taxpayers will support you with food, housing and healthcare. All you have to do is show up....... :rolleyes:

Nice to know the government is so free with your hard-earned money, huh?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-12-2013 04:39 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Obama has opened the USA to people from Syria seeking asylum due to the political problems there. Will they be sent back once their political situation settles?

No, they remain here ... on public dole which is better than where they came from and allows the politicians more indebted citizens to vote for them.

What gets me is that let everyone in who is not a citizen, but it takes me 1/2 hour, 20 minutes of questioning, and a search of my car to leave Canada and return to the U.S.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-13-2013 09:27 AM

voguy wrote: No, they remain here ... on public dole which is better than where they came from and allows the politicians more indebted citizens to vote for them.

What gets me is that let everyone in who is not a citizen, but it takes me 1/2 hour, 20 minutes of questioning, and a search of my car to leave Canada and return to the U.S.

You forgot the passport requirement......... I remember going to Quebec to visit cousins and all we needed were birth certificates.....

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 08-13-2013 03:04 PM

voguy -- only legal US citizens should be allowed to vote!! and only ONCE each voting time.... meaning not early voting and then voting at polls or absentee plus plus.

I am all for having voters IDs and/or providing ID when voting. AND I don't mean in these cities that are state/state lines a pix ID from some work place when they live in the OTHER state. OH YA -- I hear of people with drivers ID cards from two states - especially some cities that are in two states.

Hear ACLU trying to sue NC for voter ID - well counter sue the ACLU fr promoting ILLEGAL voting. (HA!)

As stated many states when you enroll children the parent has to show picture ID and residential status when entering their child. They seem okay with that - then complain about doing similar to vote?? ya - tough!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-13-2013 04:23 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: voguy -- only legal US citizens should be allowed to vote!! and only ONCE each voting time.

I agree. That's a good part of the anger in America is the fact that political groups coach illegals with promises to be left alone, and getting citizen status if they pledge allegiance to the party. In some cases they are given forged documents to show they had been born here, and lived here for quite a while. In another case it was found that the IDs of homeless people were being used, and distributed in several states. We had a case here in Ohio where the identity of a senior in hospice was being used in three Ohio cities. The people doing this have the mindset that breaking the law justified what they were trying to accomplish.
kbot wrote: You forgot the passport requirement......... I remember going to Quebec to visit cousins and all we needed were birth certificates.....

True. I too remember working in Ontario doing summer relief, and it got to the point where the guards at the Ambassador Bridge knew me and waved me though a few times, or just asked "going to work?" Getting into Canada is never the problem, and a Canadian getting into the U.S. is not much of a problem, but a U.S. citizen returning is considered a marked man.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-13-2013 06:14 PM

Yup, they do seem intent on making things more difficult for us......

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”