Moderator: Super Moderators

Lore
Pirate

Drones: The Endangered Species

Post by Lore » 07-17-2013 12:38 AM

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-19-2013 10:57 AM

Police copters fly over here a lot between two major highway connections and cars that speed down this two lane road like they were on a major highway!

When out in the yard and one flies over - they wave! See I have this 100+ft row of red eutin floribunda roses - they bloom spring to frost and easily seen! As one of the local sheriff's told me - these choppers also use my flowers in the summer as a 'site marker' and yes they have managed to slow down some of the speeders.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-19-2013 10:59 AM

Can anyone honestly say that they didn't see this coming?

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-26-2013 03:38 PM

AND NOW --

Drone blimps hovering over DC - to stop cruise missiles. YA right...

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-27-2013 10:10 AM

The first time someone shoots down a drone the place will be swarming with black vans and people will disappear. You can't fight drones like this, cities don't have sovereign airspace. It is futile. The time to fight was 10-20 years ago, it is way too late now.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

SquidInk

Re: Drones: The Endangered Species

Post by SquidInk » 07-27-2013 10:48 AM

Lore wrote: ... I have a police helicopter that flies overhead with some frequency and upon spotting me in the yard has done the "let's fly over three more times to make sure I am not some criminal stalking about the place routine". This has happened often enough although not every time they fly over that I just melt into the trees when I hear them coming. It is irritating.
Lore, if you fail to notify local authorities of your intent to go outside & you fail to provide them with a detailed itinerary of your chores around the house, can you blame them for thinking you are acting suspicious? Have you already forgotten 9/11? Why not notify the first responders - you're not planning on doing something illegal in your back yard are you?

Remember, there are people in the world who hate your freedoms. The heroic copter crew is up there, putting their lives on the line every day for you. We have to support the first responders. Lets do a ribbon campaign for that.

[/sarc]
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-28-2013 10:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Re: Drones: The Endangered Species

Post by Riddick » 07-27-2013 11:41 AM

SquidInk wrote: Remember, there are people in the world who hate your freedoms.
Including but not limited to elected officials. It's their job to make the world safe and eliminate the hate.

An effective yet drastic solution to the hate, eliminating freedoms universally would be a little too much. There's ways of doing it that aren't anywhere quite so obvious.

Keep the framework of democracy going and most folks won't notice. It's easy enough to give the appearance people still have choices, while at the same time giving them no real options at all... Unless, of course, you're willing and able to pay the penalty.

So have no fear, my friends, freedom can still be had in this great land! That is, provided it's not out of your price range.

cherry
Pirate

Infowars.com

Post by cherry » 07-27-2013 07:52 PM

I remember when Black Helicopters were considered radical .... :o

SquidInk

Re: Re: Re: Drones: The Endangered Species

Post by SquidInk » 07-27-2013 08:13 PM

Riddick wrote: Including but not limited to elected officials.
You have identified the key condition in the Ultimate Orwellian Mind-jack which *is* the USA since sometime before 9/11 (referred to colloquially, in it's current incarnation, as " 'murika ").

All of this destruction of freedom by a perfectly integrated fifth column (derived from a collusion of big government & big business) is done in the name of protecting us from those (wild eyed foreigners) who hate our freedom and would take it from us.
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-28-2013 04:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-27-2013 11:21 PM

Christie: NSA critics should talk to 9/11 families
  • Christie, speaking "as a former prosecutor who was appointed by President George W. Bush on September 10, 2001," urged caution when discussing calls to revamp the way the U.S. government collects data on Americans. A measure narrowly failed in the House Wednesday that would have restricted a phone monitoring program that came to light earlier this summer.

"This strain of libertarianism that's going through both parties right now and making big headlines I think is a very dangerous thought," Christie said, referring to national security topics.
Of Related Interest:
Homeland Security's Future Home: A Former Mental Hospital

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”