The "Going Through Your Stuff" Issue

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-23-2013 03:02 PM

Cameras you can see are one thing. Then there's all the spying from space via satellite.

Yet, there IS a simple enough answer to all this overreach by Big Brother Incorporated -

If you really want to get away from it all and be truly free? LITERALLY live underground!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-23-2013 03:55 PM

I think our grandfathers were pretty sharp when it came to covering their tracks. :D

http://twistedsifter.com/2012/01/camouf ... ting-wwii/

This is also cool...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bethanylytt ... age-homes/
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-24-2013 06:23 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: YES store cameras are "helpful" in catching criminals. The ones on the stop lights -- they found were being tampered with by one company (cause they get $$ for everyone they catch too) and got caught and sued. (one of the metro six lane where the turn lane time was not long enough for a car to make the turn before light changed.)

Just across the border in RI, a new bridge was built that wil connect the mainland with Aquidneck Island (where Newport is located). After the bridge was built, the state filed to have tolls (equipped with EZ-Pass and cameras) installed on the bridge. There is no pay onsite/cash-option. The only options are to get an EZ-Pass transponder, and give them access to your bank account an dbe tracked, OR, the state takes apicture of your car, and mails the bill to your house, from information obtained via the DMV records.

Since the cash option is relatively extortionist copared to the Ez-Pass option, the state has been pushing the EZ-Pass version.

Locals are upset and have been filing lawsuits since they see this as both (a) a violation of federal law to impose tolls on existing structures, and (b) an act that will kill business on the island as well as make it prohibitive for people who have to go to see doctors either on or off the island.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-24-2013 09:14 AM

YES they are wanting to put tolls on a lot of roads...roads that were supposed to be taken care of by - tada - federal.

Gotta pay for repairs. Gee if the roads had been constructed properly and allowed to sit a week before allowing cars on the repair areas - maybe those "repairs" would last more than a few months.

Just like -fill that pothole with tar and run over it with a roller - oh gee two weeks later - its a pothole again! (Often worse than it was before it was "filled".)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-24-2013 11:09 AM

This particular ploy seems to be a way for the state to finance their state pensions. RI is notorius for fiscal mismanagement and the thinking is that by shifting the costs onto tolls, they'll have far more money than is required for the ukeep of, not only ths particuolaa bridge, but virtually all the major bridges in the state. The problem is, people who don't live on the island and go their primarily for the restaurants, beches and oter tourist attractions, are saying tha they will just go elsewhere, which will devastate their economy. But, the PTB want their revenues and have fixated on the tolls as their best shot. Too bad as many people will stay away.....

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 06-25-2013 02:34 AM

Diogenes wrote: I have and as a matter of fact have you ever been in the grocery store and had an itch in a certain spot and you have to scratch it and yet you KNOW in your heart they are watching????????

:(

:dali: To much info....
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 06-25-2013 03:47 PM

Yes TMI and I apologize profusely.:D
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-05-2013 10:36 PM

European firms 'could quit US internet providers over NSA scandal'
European commission vice-president says American cloud services providers could suffer loss of business

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-06-2013 07:12 AM

Diogenes wrote: Yes TMI and I apologize profusely.:D

Sometimes that can work in your favor. Stand back about three deep in a line at a cash register and say, "can you hurry it up, I really have to scratch my balls." Funny how the line moves faster. Just sayin'
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-06-2013 03:07 PM

voguy wrote: Sometimes that can work in your favor. Stand back about three deep in a line at a cash register and say, "can you hurry it up, I really have to scratch my balls." Funny how the line moves faster. Just sayin'
I happened to have the tube on and tuned to Antenna TV this morning as they were airing one of those educational kid's shows they're required to run a certain amount of hours of in a week's time. This one was all about gravity and kids at home were encouraged to check it out for themselves, using convenient and common everyday round objects as props.

I wasn't paying attention to any degree until the inner Beavis and Butthead in me couldn't help but notice the host was REPEATEDLY saying stuff like "bring out your balls," "grab your balls" or "hang onto your balls"...

Unintentional, or deliberate? Mayhap could this be less about science and more about subtle social programming? Need anyone reminding series such as these are being aired no more and no less as a result of a government mandate?

In any case, don't forget to tune in NEXT week for a thoroughly delightful and instructional exploration of Uranus eh?

voguy
Pirate

Subliminal Audio

Post by voguy » 07-06-2013 03:33 PM

I don't know if you have ever heard a CBS Radio News broadcast, but just prior to the theme you'll hear a "chirp" which is the CBS network's automated network feed box. If you play them back real slow and at 1/4 pitch, the chirp is actually series of tones which the radio station's equipment hears and turns on the feed from network.

At one station a DJ, (who was quitting), spoke the word "dick" and then sped it up and time shifted it and it sounded like a CBS chirp. He then programmed it into the automation to play after each weather forecast on the air. Nobody noticed it for over a year till someone noticed this 64k wav file which was in automation. Because the time was so short, it wouldn't be picked up by the station's accounting system as something that played. So you had "dick" mentioned on radio, 24 hours a day, for a year without anyone detecting it.

It's amazing at how insecure both the network lines and EAS system are. Which was why the Montana zombie alert got through.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-06-2013 04:26 PM

Riddick wrote: I wasn't paying attention to any degree until the inner Beavis and Butthead in me couldn't help but notice the host was REPEATEDLY saying stuff like "bring out your balls," "grab your balls" or "hang onto your balls"...

Unintentional, or deliberate? Mayhap could this be less about science and more about subtle social programming? Need anyone reminding series such as these are being aired no more and no less as a result of a government mandate?

I wouldn't have thought that males needed to be programmed to perform these particular functions with their anatomy. :D
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-06-2013 06:38 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I wouldn't have thought that males needed to be programmed to perform these particular functions with their anatomy. :D

Raggedyann, males are fascinated by anatomy. I've never know a man not to look, and perhaps analyze. If a man had a vagina, and a mirror, there would never be any work accomplished. He would spend his whole day just looking, and not a damn thing would get done.

And if any male tells you he's not looked or been curious, he's a damn liar.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-07-2013 03:46 AM

I didn't see that coming. :dali:
Last edited by Raggedyann on 07-07-2013 03:48 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 07-07-2013 07:44 AM

Raggedyann wrote: I didn't see that coming. :dali:

Haha

Awkward
:facepalm:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”