Reagan Leads Pack, Bushes Bring Up the Rear in New President

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Reagan Leads Pack, Bushes Bring Up the Rear in New President

Post by Riddick » 06-04-2013 12:28 AM

Apparently Americans are none too eager to see a Bush each time they reach into their wallets for who knows what.

According to a new poll published by Vanity Fair, only 6 percent of Americans would prefer former presidents George H.W. Bush or George W. Bush “to be the face of a new bill.” Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama and Ronald Reagan were all more popular choices for the hypothetical honor. For those interested, Reagan took top honors scoring a whopping 38 percent of the vote.

The poll, which asked a variety of questions that garnered some disturbing results -- “Born In The U.S.A.” for the national anthem? Seriously? -- interviewed 1,072 adults between April 18 and 21. You can see the complete poll results over at the Vanity Fair website.

Just to be clear, this was a poll based on a hypothetical question, so don't expect to see Reagan on your greenbacks anytime soon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 79798.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-04-2013 10:12 AM

Huff and Vanity are pretty far left. I believe that they would put "Jack the Rippers" picture on money, if he was a good Democrat.

I always remember the Democrat that was elected in Oregon twice, even though he wore a "Tiger suit" and molested his biggest benefactor's daughter. I believe he is finally enrolled in "basket weaving 1". Who says there is no justice?

:danceman:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-04-2013 10:45 AM

Doka wrote: Huff and Vanity are pretty far left. I believe that they would put "Jack the Rippers" picture on money, if he was a good Democrat.
At that rate, it's interesting Reagan got a big nod in the poll. Perhaps that could indicate a not-insigificant contingent of "Reagan Democrats" amongst the Vanity Fair readership, along with the general electorate?

It's been awhile since Dems defected to the GOP candidate in any great numbers in a presidential election - Considering the kind of attention he's been getting from Democratic donors as of late, provided he's the nominee come 2016 the next one could be Chris Christie.
Last edited by Riddick on 06-05-2013 12:53 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”