Streaming Live Blog Re: IRS Hearings Scandal

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-05-2013 02:42 PM

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-06-2013 11:06 AM

Looks like the spending spree at the IRS is getting costlier by the day. Now they're hiring "motivational speakers" to address them at their parties. Must have worked since they've been getting taxpayer-paid bonuses since 2009 for doing such a wonderful job.......

Snippet:

The widening scandal engulfing the Internal Revenue Service has turned into a major headache for the Obama administration. Among the many names the scandal has drawn into its orbit is a Southern California artist who works as a motivational speaker.

San Diego artist Erik Wahl reportedly was paid $17,000 by the IRS to perform at a 2010 employee convention in Anaheim, according to the Bloomberg news service. The convention has drawn a considerable amount of scrutiny in recent days for its perceived extravagance and a price tag reportedly close to $4 million.

Wahl is reported to have painted portraits of basketball star Michael Jordan and U2 frontman Bono as part of his motivational session titled "The Art of Vision" in 2010.

On his official website, Wahl is described as "an internationally recognized graffiti artist, author and entrepreneur." The site lists the IRS as one of his many clients for his motivational speaking services.

"Erik’s on-stage painting seamlessly becomes a visual metaphor to the core of his message, encouraging organizations toward profitability through innovations and superior levels of performance," the website states.

A YouTube video shows Wahl at one of his painting-speaking sessions in which he creates a portrait of Bono. The artist recently published a self-help book titled "Unthink," which advises readers on how to take advantage of their creativity to solve problems.

The Times reported this week the IRS has suspended two employees for accepting free items during the Anaheim conference in 2010.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ar ... 1852.story

You just make-up this stuff.........:rolleyes:

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 06-06-2013 02:49 PM

Erik,

Funny I just attended such a conference with Eric Wahl - of course I paid for it myself - not you.

I also purchased his new book and got it in the mail last night- but again I paid for it.

Talk about complete disgust.
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-21-2013 04:33 PM

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”