Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-03-2013 11:45 PM

Doka wrote: :huhsmile:

I am on the wrong side? Please explain to me again what I should think on what side? I am not being sarcastic, I must be truely missing something here.???
If you think you should ignore your constitution because a few people were killed then I don't think you are acting in the best interests of your country. I am not sure if that is your position, so I am saying this in general.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-04-2013 03:02 PM

You mean like those people with the alternate legal system running entire countries? Yeah, I guess I'm with you on that one. Oh, that wasn't what you were talking about?

Seriously, where is this mad dash on the part of Americans to "rewrite the Constitution"? The extent that they want the notion of citizenship refined and enforced is due to the abuse of the concept by the at best negligent government that itself has already blurred those lines, and so -- wittingly or uwittingly -- endangered us all. Americans are therefore understandably conflicted about the rights of "citizens" who are only so in the most legalistic of manners, obviously as part of a scam...and not just an innocent or victimless scam, but one that's malevolent, dangerous, and abusive on multiple levels.
Last edited by HB3 on 05-04-2013 03:05 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-04-2013 04:34 PM

I love my country and the Constitution. Why do you think I yell so loud? Both are eroding fast. This erosion is not led by john Q citizen. It is being implemented by the Obama administration, but then it is my belief that we have been "led" to this point for a long time. Hey, my country is on fire! And people are still arguing about "Bush"! Give me a break! He hasn't been there for almost 5 "frig-en" years! My frustration get's the better of me at times. Go back to "sleep". Nothing happening here. :eek:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-04-2013 08:09 PM

Bush reminds me of my Dad's arm. I swear it could reach 18 ft. and even go around corners to snag you. :D

The repercussions of the Bush policies are far reaching and will not go away for many years to come.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 05-04-2013 08:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-04-2013 08:42 PM

Booooshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-04-2013 09:50 PM

Ok here I go again - the hatred for George Bush absolutely astounds me. For some reason he really gets under folks skin and I am wondering if his confidence and his faith don't have alot to do with it.

IMHO it is far easier to accept that someone bigger than me will deal with everyone, including me. That automatically lifts the burden off of my shoulders for revenge and more importantly faith in that regard also goes a long way in removing feelings of hate.

If we want to talk about someone and their politics and policies affecting a nation - certainly Ted Kennedy has to be front and center. Alot of our issues in the US relative to immingration are traceable to Ted and his guilt about having been born with great wealth due to absolutley nothing of his own doing.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusa ... do-it.html
A man's character is his fate

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-05-2013 09:27 AM

"Under the Republic an almost unlimited frankness in public utterances was tolerated and a considerable confusion of the mind, unfeigned and unabashed, was bared to everyone's inspection. Under the Dictatorship only one idea of political and philosophical relevance could be safely expressed. As a result, public utterances became uniform and, in the same proportion, insincere. The land was infested with lies, ranging all the way from the successful self-deception that blurs the distinction between good faith and fraud, through the many shades and degrees of hypocrisy and opportunism to the full-fledged, deliberate, and, so to speak, honest lie. The way in which the new dishonesty expressed itself was equally varied. There was the omission of words which otherwise had been uttered, a mere inflection of the voice, an ambiguous turn of the phrase, a subtle innuendo or the indispensable lifting of the hand for the Hitler salute. And again there was the blatant opportunism of those whom the popular voice called "more-than-a-hundred-percent Nazis," the change of mind overnight, the betrayal of ancient loyalties. Just as each single concession seemed puny and too insignificant to deserve the name of a lie, the habit of insincerity, like a contagious disease, infected the whole body of national life. You are going to publish a book? See to it that the references to works by Jewish scholars are discarded. You are a banker? You will have to add at least one party member to the managing board. Mr. S. will retire if you do so? Well, considering his former political affiliations, this may be good sense on his part. You are a journalist? Practice Talleyrand's art of using words which conceal your thought rather than revealing it. And whatever and whosoever you are, stop being an overscrupulous stickler, or else you will court disaster for yourself without doing good to anyone else. And if you cannot help singing out of tune, do so under your breath. A putrid, slimy layer of lies was spreading over all domains and phases of German life. Language was adulterated and depraved. The ring of candor, kindliness and generosity seemed to have gone out of words which the new propaganda had mustered for its purposes."

-- Helmut Kuhn
Freedom Forgotten and Remembered

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-05-2013 02:48 PM

HB3 wrote: Booooshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-05-2013 03:33 PM

Riddick,

So glad you brought your "Avoidance" theory back as it's the one rational thought process I can always count on to bring back clarity.:D
A man's character is his fate

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-06-2013 07:36 AM

More people trying to change the Constitution!
Ten people were killed and hundreds more injured in Bangladesh today in fierce street fighting between police and Islamic hardliners demanding the death penalty for blasphemy.

Rioters chanting 'God is greatest!' torched shops and vehicles, blocked roads and fought bloody battles with police in the capital of Dhaka and its suburbs.

Seven people were killed in the early morning clashes in the city centre and another three died in Kanchpur on the city's outskirts, local media reported.
Oh, wait...that isn't what you were talking about?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Allah.html

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-06-2013 08:21 AM

Fan wrote: yeah, a bomb is not a normal crime, never happens except when they are "terrorists" right? How about a mass shooting? Not citizens either? How about killing one person, but in public? How about drunk driving? How long do you have to be a citizen before you qualify for constitutional protection? A month? A year? 10 years?

How can you even begin to go down that road? That is what defines your country.

You want the terrorists to win? Good, rewrite your constitution. If I was a terrorist that would be my goal exactly. Go for it.

You are fighting for the wrong side my friends. Can't you see that?

Excuse me, but these people came here and attacked people here. They committed a terrorist act. As far as I'm concerned, once they did THAT, all bets were off. if they had stayed and lived here, and were law-abiding, that would be one thing. No on forced them to come here or STAY here for that matter. That is one of this country's most beautiful things - if you don't like it here, LEAVE!!!!! No one is forcing anyone to stay. As it is, even this "suspect's" own mosque is moving away from him as fast and as far as they can. No one even wants to allow him to be buried in their community. Seems that you're the only one defending this person.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-06-2013 08:22 AM

Doka wrote: I love my country and the Constitution. Why do you think I yell so loud? Both are eroding fast. This erosion is not led by john Q citizen. It is being implemented by the Obama administration, but then it is my belief that we have been "led" to this point for a long time. Hey, my country is on fire! And people are still arguing about "Bush"! Give me a break! He hasn't been there for almost 5 "frig-en" years! My frustration get's the better of me at times. Go back to "sleep". Nothing happening here. :eek:

For all the citicism that Obama did of Bush43 (and rightfully so), he didn't fail to recommit to Bush's oplicies and even expand on them. He's far worse than Bush as far as I'm concerned.......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-06-2013 08:33 AM

HB3 wrote: More people trying to change the Constitution!

Oh, wait...that isn't what you were talking about?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Allah.html

The rules according to Obama and the Left is to not bring religion into the discussion - even though the attackers interject just that when they do these attacks.

So, according to the logic of Obama and the Left, we're not supposed to interject religion into the argument, even as the attackers attack "in the name" of Islam and yell religious oaths. We're not suppoed to refer to the attackers religion because that is "hate" speech, even though these attackers hate us so much that they want to kill us, and we're not supposed to, well, do anything because that isn't our way. We're just supposed to take it. I don't think so......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-06-2013 08:44 AM

From the local news - NO ONE wants anything to do with this guy, in terms of a burial.

CAMBRIDGE (CBS) — The city of Cambridge is “urging” the funeral home caring for the remains of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and the Tsarnaev family not to bury his body in the city.
“The city of Cambridge has no formal application for a burial permit, or the purchase of a cemetery plot,” Cambridge City Manager Robert Healy wrote to CBS in an email on Sunday. “I would, however, urge both the funeral director and the family of Tamerlan Tsarnaev not to make such a request.”
Healy said burying the bombing suspect in Cambridge would be disruptive and unwelcome. “The difficult and stressful efforts of the citizens of the city of Cambridge to return to a peaceful life would be adversely impacted by the turmoil, protests, and widespread media presence at such an interment. The families of loved ones interred in the Cambridge Cemetery also deserve to have their deceased family members rest in peace,” he wrote.
Healy cited state law that gives him authority to “act as chief conservator of the peace within the city.”
“I have determined that it is not in the best interest of ‘peace within the city’ to execute a cemetery deed for a plot within the Cambridge Cemetery for the body of Tameran Tsarnaev,” Healy wrote.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/c ... t-in-city/

Some are claiming that "it would be the right thing to do...." to allow him to be buried here. Again, here's the double standard at work. Apparently, it's OK for people to come here from another country and kill people here, but we can have no say-so anymore. We can't refer to religion (per Obama), but then again, we have to respect this "suspect's" religious beliefs........ But, we can't even say anything about "the suspect"s" religion.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-06-2013 08:49 AM

Interesting. Just found this online concerning the first Islamic cemetary in Massachusetts.

Wonder why THEY'RE not rushing to offer their services to provide a "proper burial" for "the suspect"? Seems like it would be the charitable thing to do, afer all.......

The Muslim community in Massachusetts has been very patient in waiting for this kind of initiative. Finding and acquiring an appropriate burial plot or a full cemetery has been a long and arduous process. Finally, with the help of Allah swt, MAS has acquired the appropriate land, and today the first Islamic cemetery in the Massachusetts area has been established.

http://www.masboston.org/al-marhamah/Our%20Mission.html

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”