Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-07-2013 11:50 AM

When is a "duck", Not a Duck, That is the question?.....................:lolchimp:

:crazyjump
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-07-2013 02:10 PM

HB3 wrote: "Nutcase" can mean anything. "Oikophobia" is highly specific and relevant.

And more importantly...... it's BILLABLE!!!!!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-07-2013 02:12 PM

Doka wrote: When is a "duck", Not a Duck, That is the question?.....................:lolchimp:
:crazyjump

When it's being discussed by a Press Secretary, of course
:D

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-09-2013 07:30 AM

Hamas is lobbying for a stricter enforcement of Islamic law in Gaza – including provisions to cut off the hands of thieves, and execution of individuals who cheat on their spouses. A report in the Al-Hayat daily newspaper said that Hamas expects the new regulations to take effect in the coming months, after introduction of the legislation in the PA parliament.

Existing laws mete out the death penalty to individuals convicted of murder, spying, homosexuality, or selling land to Jews. The new legislation will expand the crimes for which individuals can be executed to include disloyalty to a spouse – having sexual relations outside the context of marriage. Other provisions of the law include chopping off the right hand of a thief (along with at least a seven year jail sentence), and lashes for a large number of “crimes,” including drinking alcoholic beverages and gambling. All the punishments are derived from sharia, Islamic law.

In addition, girls age 15 will be able to decide to marry on their own, without requiring permission from their parents. Individuals age ten and over are considered adults under the new legislation, and are subject to the full force of the law for offenses.

Hamas has a large majority in the PA parliament, with 74 of the 134 parliamentarians belonging to the Islamist party. Many of them belong to the fundamentalist Salafist movement, and they are behind the push for the new laws. While there is opposition in Hamas to the passage of the legislation at this point, it is expected to easily pass. Once it does, the laws will be extant in both Gaza and Palestinian Authority-controlled areas of Judea and Samaria, but it is not clear if they will be enforced there.
More Constitution re-writing. Indeed, we need to be on guard against this sort of thing.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/ ... YtNnIKAGkg

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-09-2013 11:01 AM

Interesting. In this country, we can't reference religion, but overseas, in some countries, it's a given. I wonder if the law will be applied equally between the sexes. Will men be punished for affairs as women are, or will it be more of the same-old/ same old?

Overall, reading this, I'm thinking that these people just don't enjoy much in life. I don't drink a whole lot, but no drinking? Geez.......

You're correct though about the need to be aware because I seem to recall a couple of cases - I think one was in Oklahoma and another in Michigan, where the local Muslim population had petitioned the government to allow them to apply sharia law within their communities, and essentially set-up a legal system separate from American law. Would be a dangerous precedent to set.....

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-10-2013 10:24 AM

kbot wrote: Interesting. In this country, we can't reference religion, but overseas, in some countries, it's a given. I wonder if the law will be applied equally between the sexes. Will men be punished for affairs as women are, or will it be more of the same-old/ same old?

Overall, reading this, I'm thinking that these people just don't enjoy much in life. I don't drink a whole lot, but no drinking? Geez.......

You're correct though about the need to be aware because I seem to recall a couple of cases - I think one was in Oklahoma and another in Michigan, where the local Muslim population had petitioned the government to allow them to apply sharia law within their communities, and essentially set-up a legal system separate from American law. Would be a dangerous precedent to set.....

Really why don't they just go to their own country where they love Sharia law????? The reason they don't is because the come to this country and use our laws and customs as a "menu". They like the freedom which allows them to pick and choose how they want to want to live - bring in their own particular brand of ordinances and laws and still enjoy other freedoms.

In other words they don't assimilate and folks in Oklahoma put up with nonsense like Sharia law pertinent to Islam.

How stupid are we.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-10-2013 10:24 AM

kbot wrote: Interesting. In this country, we can't reference religion, but overseas, in some countries, it's a given. I wonder if the law will be applied equally between the sexes. Will men be punished for affairs as women are, or will it be more of the same-old/ same old?

Really why don't they just go to their own country where they love Sharia law????? The reason they don't is because the come to this country and use our laws and customs as a "menu". They like the freedom which allows them to pick and choose how they want to want to live - bring in their own particular brand of ordinances and laws and still enjoy other freedoms.

In other words they don't assimilate and folks in Oklahoma put up with nonsense like Sharia law pertinent to Islam.

How stupid are we.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 05-10-2013 10:55 AM

Diogenes wrote: Really why don't they just go to their own country where they love Sharia law?????
Because some religions have a conversion mandate. Violence is traditionally used to meet this mandate.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-10-2013 02:18 PM

Diogenes wrote: Really why don't they just go to their own country where they love ............

I've wondered about this, generally.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-16-2013 09:09 PM

Gee, what was his motive, again? It's all so mysterious....
“Basically the note says that he does not mourn his brother Tamerlan, that Tamerlan was a martyr now and that he was in paradise, that Dzhokhar expected to join him there soon,” Miller said. “That the bombings were in retribution for the US crimes against Muslims in places like Iraq and Afghanistan; that the victims of the Boston bombing were ‘collateral damage,’ the same way innocent victims have been collateral damage in US wars around the world, summing up that when you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims.”

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-16-2013 09:13 PM

HB3 wrote: Gee, what was his motive, again? It's all so mysterious....

Wait there must be a mistake somewhere - I can't even wrap my mind around this - it just sounds so farfetched:rolleyes:

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-16-2013 09:24 PM

What could the motive be? Perhaps we'll never know....
As police searched for him, and as he lay bleeding in his boat hideout, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wrote "F*** America" on the side panel of the boat, police in Massachusetts told ABC News. Officers said they also discovered the phrase "Praise Allah" on the boat's side panels and several anti-American screeds, including references to Iraq, Afghanistan and "the infidels." A Massachusetts official showed ABC News what he said was a cell phone picture of the phrase "Praise Allah," written in black ink, with a bullet hole above it, believed to have been written by Dzhokhar as he hid inside the boat in Watertown, Mass. Also seen in the picture was the faintly written word "brother," which the official said was part of a reference by the younger Tsarnaev "that was something about his brother is lucky to be with Allah first."...

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-16-2013 10:36 PM

Oh come now HB3. Surely this so-called "evidence" is the work of others? No doubt easily debunked by handwriting experts and DNA analysis of the blood. They'll have to better than that if they want to convince people this was all about something other than it truly was.

If only there was some clue where his true sympathies lie. Otherwise the motive may forever remain a mystery.
Last edited by Riddick on 05-16-2013 10:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-17-2013 08:57 AM

Look, we've been warned to not engage in what is considered to be hate speech by this administration :rolleyes:

And, who's to say that someone else didn't write all this inside the boat before "the suspect" arrived on the scene?

You're rushing to draw erroneous conclusions..........

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-17-2013 09:23 AM

The boat note is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. They are testing our gullibility. Turns out, yep, we are completely 100% gullible.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”