Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-02-2013 11:11 AM

HB3 wrote: Look, it's the well-known right-wing hate site, USA Today....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... g/2127585/

Ah yes...... he's so "artsy". That'll appeal to the Far Left, especially the crowd over by Amherst and Cambridge. Never mind that there were body parts spread across Boylston St.......

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-02-2013 11:14 AM

Disturbing, isn't it? I knew this was going to reveal the fault lines in American culture like nothing before...

We aren't united. We have no common ground. It's total chaos. If America is nothing more than an "idea," then, truly, it's nothing....

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 05-02-2013 11:16 AM

And, your double-standard shows by your continued denegration of Christianity. So, by your logic, you can lob verbal bombs against Christianity, but we're not allowed to lob verbal exchanges back?
Back at what, my un-enlightened ignorance? I have no religious dog in this hunt. I'd feel the same if it were any religion being constantly blamed. Any crime in the name of whatever god or idol one worships is wrong as a crime..sins aren't listed in the penal code, heh.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-02-2013 11:18 AM

"Constantly blamed." Oh, it's so unfair....

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-02-2013 01:21 PM

Could you point us to a case where there was a "rush to judgement" involving a right-wing conservative teabag nutjob doing mass murder in the name of Christ and the public then proceeded to demonize all of Christendom on the basis on this, and the government and the media were all, "Whoa, wait a second, let's not rush to judgement, because obviously Fox News/Rush Limbaugh/The New Testament had absolutely nothing to do with this?"

Yeah. Me neither.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-02-2013 01:33 PM

"The alleged killer lived in a basement with giant papier-mache crosses glued to the walls, altars made of barbed wire, stolen relics, and tin foil...verses from the Bible were written in blood on the wall above his bed. He left a long, detailed note explaining that he was committing these atrocities because God told him to, and he told his friends he was committing these acts in the name of God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. During the killing spree, witnesses allege that he sang, 'Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so...'"

"Nevertheless, authorities assure us we shouldn't rush to judgement. A highly placed government spokensman has suggested that the killings were due to 'workplace violence,' while the FBI continues its search for a possible motive."
Last edited by HB3 on 05-02-2013 01:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-02-2013 02:16 PM

HB3 wrote: Disturbing, isn't it? I knew this was going to reveal the fault lines in American culture like nothing before...

We aren't united. We have no common ground. It's total chaos. If America is nothing more than an "idea," then, truly, it's nothing....

I sem to recall (well, I seem to recall hearing from the older generation), that when we as a country were attacked, we reacted as a unified country. Not anymore. Now we're a nation of clans, each with its own agenda. I mentioned before the concept of a fifth column and I truly believe that we have that within our government. When we have an administration that goes out of its way to supress the interests of the country in order to not offend a group that has atatcked us, it shows just how far we've strayed from being a unified country. I seem to recall seeing a map a number of years ago that was (I think) initially developed from an older Soviet think-tank that showed how the US was going to break-up in their view. Looks likewe're well on our way. And with the government's blessing, apparently.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-02-2013 02:25 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: Back at what, my un-enlightened ignorance? I have no religious dog in this hunt. I'd feel the same if it were any religion being constantly blamed. Any crime in the name of whatever god or idol one worships is wrong as a crime..sins aren't listed in the penal code, heh.

Look, I hear ya. But, as I said, I don't see the Jews or Christians for that matter conducting orchestrated attacks on this contry as has been done by the perpertrators of 9-11, the Ft Hood shootings, the 1990s WTC bombing and now Boston. If the common denominator is religious belief, then it's a fact. If the common denominator was dog groomers I'd feel the same way about dog groomers....

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-02-2013 02:26 PM

HB3 wrote: Could you point us to a case where there was a "rush to judgement" involving a right-wing conservative teabag nutjob doing mass murder in the name of Christ and the public then proceeded to demonize all of Christendom on the basis on this, and the government and the media were all, "Whoa, wait a second, let's not rush to judgement, because obviously Fox News/Rush Limbaugh/The New Testament had absolutely nothing to do with this?"

Yeah. Me neither.

But, if you throw crap at the wall oftne enough, some of it will eventually stick to the wall......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-02-2013 02:27 PM

HB3 wrote: "The alleged killer lived in a basement with giant papier-mache crosses glued to the walls, altars made of barbed wire, stolen relics, and tin foil...verses from the Bible were written in blood on the wall above his bed. He left a long, detailed note explaining that he was committing these atrocities because God told him to, and he told his friends he was committing these acts in the name of God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. During the killing spree, witnesses allege that he sang, 'Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so...'"

"Nevertheless, authorities assure us we shouldn't rush to judgement. A highly placed government spokensman has suggested that the killings were due to 'workplace violence,' while the FBI continues its search for a possible motive."

Whoa, that's bizarre... Was this the Ft Hood shooter? I heard that Obama was calling that case a case of workplace violence....

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-02-2013 02:50 PM

Yes. The Ft. Hood shooter shouted "Allahu Ackbar!" during the shooting and apparently had business cards that read, "Soldier of Allah." The government therefore concluded that it was a case of workplace violence.

Also, talking about this curious discrepancy is an example of "hate." Don't be "hateful," Kbot...

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-02-2013 04:01 PM

By the way, Dale, here's the scoop on Horowitz:
Raised to be a committed Marxist by communist intellectual parents, Horowitz was in on the ground floor of Berkeley activism, and through his work as an editor at Ramparts magazine, he emerged as a key player in the New Left. He went on to become an active supporter of the Black Panthers and something of an intimate of their founder, Huey P. Newton. Yet today he is an outspoken political conservative who has supported many right-wing causes (such as the contras in Nicaragua) and been critical of '60s radicalism in general. It would be easy to conclude that Horowitz went from A to Z this way because he's superficial and unstable. Instead, as this moving, intellectual autobiography shows, his second thoughts about leftism emerged gradually as he experienced various aspects of the "Movement." The catalytic episode came when he discovered that the Panthers had murdered a friend of his, but even then Horowitz was slow to convert, primarily because he was heavily enmeshed in what he now views as the quintessential leftist habit of judging politics by its intentions, not its acts.
http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Son-A-Gen ... d+horowitz

I haven't read this, though I know the basics of the story. Maybe you should read it and get back to us?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-02-2013 11:26 PM

kbot wrote: Look, I hear ya. But, as I said, I don't see the Jews or Christians for that matter conducting orchestrated attacks on this contry as has been done by the perpertrators of 9-11, the Ft Hood shootings, the 1990s WTC bombing and now Boston. If the common denominator is religious belief, then it's a fact. If the common denominator was dog groomers I'd feel the same way about dog groomers....

You know this reminds me of the alcoholic family member with 3 DUI's and no one in the family can admit "I guess Susie does have a drinking problem after all."

Everyday more is coming out about these two radical Muslim losers. You think of the generosity this country showed their entire family and then to know the end result just makes one sickened and disgusted with our government and lawmakers.
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-03-2013 06:57 AM

HB3 wrote: Yes. The Ft. Hood shooter shouted "Allahu Ackbar!" during the shooting and apparently had business cards that read, "Soldier of Allah." The government therefore concluded that it was a case of workplace violence.

Also, talking about this curious discrepancy is an example of "hate." Don't be "hateful," Kbot...

Not being "hateful". I am merely pointing out the obvious, and I know that the current administration and the Left leaning media wishes that the Boston bombing had been committed by the 2nd Amendment crowd, the fact is, as with other recent attacks, they have been committed by radical Muslims. OK, maybe this is hitting too close to home for Obama and his administration, but when there were issues with Bush43 and how he conducted his "war on terror" and ramping-up the surveillance society I pointed them out as well. I'm sorry is pointng out deficiencies upsets some people......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-03-2013 07:15 AM

Diogenes wrote: You know this reminds me of the alcoholic family member with 3 DUI's and no one in the family can admit "I guess Susie does have a drinking problem after all."

Everyday more is coming out about these two radical Muslim losers. You think of the generosity this country showed their entire family and then to know the end result just makes one sickened and disgusted with our government and lawmakers.

This morning WCVB Channel 5 in Boston reported that the body of the dead "suspect" has been brought to a funeral home in North Attleboro, Mass, and that most probably he will be buried in Boston. The family won't even bring him back home for burial. People in North Attleboro are pissed - they personally knew many of the runners in the marathon.

There was that stor and also the story about how his wife is now not cooperating with authories.

Once their rights were read to them they've clammed-up.

Yup, our's truly is a wonderful society. We allow future terrorists into the country, allow them to attend world-class universities, provide scholarships (and in the process, shut-out prospective students frmo here at home), as well as welfare and food stamps - and when they kill innocent people on our streets, we have our fearless leader go on national tv, to scold us to not rush to judge, or engage in hate, and then send federal judges to their bedside to remind them that they "have rights", and don't have to cooperate with federal investigators. We provide them with multiple lawyers to defend them, And when heir co-conspirators who have violated their legal stay in the country are discovered, we will most assuredly provide the same to them - at taxpayer expense, I'm sure.

And.... we're the "bad guys" as well because not only did we not put up wth the killing of innocent people, but we actually had the unmitigated gall to speak-up about it and note our displeasure with people we've welcomed into our country who turn around and kill us. Yup, we're all haters according to the Left.

I'm willing to bet that there will be some benefit concert in Tanglewood out in The Berkshires or in Harvard Square to raise money for the defense fund now that the warm weather is here.

Interestingly this morning, possible targets included the Fourth of July celebration in Boston along the esplanade - reportedly, the country's largest 4th of July celebration, as well as an attack at Tanglewood. But, the bombs were finished much quicker than the attackers had expected,and (as Channel 5 reported), "they were eager" to carry out theri attacks, and couldn't wait, so they chose the Boston Marathon instead. Aside frmo those possible targets, "the suspects" were also scoping out the location police stations in Boston as possible targets.

Yup, and we're the haters....... What a society we've become :rolleyes:

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”