Banghazi WH knew within 2 hours

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-30-2012 12:58 PM

HB3 wrote: Yeah, we wanted to blame and demonize Islam, which is why we blamed a US filmmaker who had nothing to do with the attacks, and steadfastedly refused to identify the attack as Islamic terrorism.
Pretty good fake-out - it seems people still believe this story even though it has been thoroughly debunked. This was not supposed to be a terrorist thing, it was supposed to be rioters - terrorists are too close to the truth. The whole op was botched so badly it is amazing.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-30-2012 05:46 PM

Remember the Valerie Plame situation which in the end really wasn't and yet the Bush administration was dogged and cited, etc. The MSM was on top of that-oh yeah - but this?????

Nah why bother, keep going down the line, nothing going on here of any significance.
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-30-2012 05:59 PM

This is what infuriated me about the Left and why I finally became a registered independent. If this HAD BEEN Bush, we'd have never heard the end of it. But because it concerns a Democrat president, nary a word...... Where's the honesty? The two-party system wil destroy this country because of it partisan divisive character.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 10-30-2012 07:13 PM

kbot wrote: This is what infuriated me about the Left and why I finally became a registered independent. If this HAD BEEN Bush, we'd have never heard the end of it. But because it concerns a Democrat president, nary a word...... Where's the honesty? The two-party system wil destroy this country because of it partisan divisive character.

But like you are pointing out in this post. The problem with the 2 party system is the left.

And although as we can see not in your case, most people that have claimed to ME to be independent are ussually screaming liberals.

Maybe it's just because of my location in libville.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-30-2012 08:48 PM

Exacerbating the situation is the MSM - it is so obvious now in this day of letting it all hang out- they are in the tank for anyone but a Republican.

That means aiding and abetting in a cover up via manipulation.

No one died in Watergate, Valerie Plame was not outed and we have four dead Americans, assistance was told to stand down not once but twice - had the folks obeyed that command they would be alive today.

Like one of the father's said - better to die a hero than live a coward.

Those words have really gotten to me - who and how many people really feel and think that way anymore.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-02-2012 09:46 AM

So those in the "situation" room were waiting on the Libyan forces/security folks we hired to take care of the situation.

Now isn't it ironic that all of this jawboning about "outsourcing" jobs - we in fact outsourced the safety (in that part of the world) of our consulate and the folks there to the Libyans.

While watching we just didn't have enough information to take the lead off of "leading from behind" burner to the front burner and protect our US citizens.

***&^%$$# what a disgrace.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-02-2012 10:59 AM

BenSlain wrote: But like you are pointing out in this post. The problem with the 2 party system is the left.

And although as we can see not in your case, most people that have claimed to ME to be independent are ussually screaming liberals.

Maybe it's just because of my location in libville.
No, that's not what I was sayhing at all - I blame the Right and the Neocons for getting us into theis mess in the first place and for advancing an agenda that, obviously, was on their books for a while - a la The Patriot Act.

Where I get upset with the Left is when they criticized Bush (as they well should have), but were relatively silent when Obama carried Bush's Neocon agenda even further. One guy in particular tha aggravates the heck outta me is Martin Bashir of MSNBC. He was all over Bush when he instituted The Patriot Act. Now with doemstric drones and increased spy activity here at home thanks to Obama - nada. At times, I see the Left and the Right as two sides of the same coin. Pet/ wdge issues wil always be thrown out there as divisive issues to keep the masses riled-up and animated, such as "the war on women" and abortion rights on the Leftm, and 2nd amendment rights, and taxes on the Right. But, for broader issues that affect everyone, both side's elected leaders march in lockstep. I jus wish that both side's votes would keep their elected officials honest after they vote them in......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-02-2012 11:04 AM

Diogenes wrote: Exacerbating the situation is the MSM - it is so obvious now in this day of letting it all hang out- they are in the tank for anyone but a Republican.

That means aiding and abetting in a cover up via manipulation.

No one died in Watergate, Valerie Plame was not outed and we have four dead Americans, assistance was told to stand down not once but twice - had the folks obeyed that command they would be alive today.

Like one of the father's said - better to die a hero than live a coward.

Those words have really gotten to me - who and how many people really feel and think that way anymore.

People should be upset no matter who's calling the shots. If Bush's actions caused an uproar on the Left, then the Left should be equally outraged with Obama. Of course, it woujld be helpful if outlets such as MSNBC actuaklly covered these events..... I guess that this was what Biden meant when he said he was gonna dump a whole load on us.......

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-03-2012 10:01 AM

Kbot,

Some folks are capable of that and some simply are not.

:(

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-04-2012 06:05 AM

Diogenes wrote: Kbot,

Some folks are capable of that and some simply are not.

As I've discovered........

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-04-2012 10:56 AM

kbot wrote: As I've discovered........

I hate to sound like such a weak sister but when I recognized that in general in life it made me feel pretty sad and bad - true story.

Haven't we all worked with folks where yes means no and no means yes? The old mixed messages which makes one think they themselves are crazy?

OK enough of my being a big baby.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-04-2012 06:30 PM

Diogenes wrote: I hate to sound like such a weak sister but when I recognized that in general in life it made me feel pretty sad and bad - true story.

Haven't we all worked with folks where yes means no and no means yes? The old mixed messages which makes one think they themselves are crazy?

OK enough of my being a big baby.

What I've found is that people have a certain perspective on life. So. it shouldn't make one feel sad or bad, it's just that everyone brings something different to the table.

I look at the race here in Mass between Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren. Warren is framing the race into a "war on women". What she's leaving out of the equation is that, in order to finance everything she wants to do, she will have to advocate raising taxes . Something that keeps getting lost in the equation. She's been running from this as far and as fast as she can (and I don't blame her). But, in order the garner votes, her campaign is a rehash of "the sky is falling" unless you vote for me. I've found that, when discussing politics with the Left (sometimes), they don't like to speak about their candidates record, as with the case of Warren and her working for Big Insurance to the detriment of asbestos victims.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-04-2012 07:44 PM

kbot wrote: What I've found is that people have a certain perspective on life. So. it shouldn't make one feel sad or bad, it's just that everyone brings something different to the table.

I look at the race here in Mass between Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren. Warren is framing the race into a "war on women". What she's leaving out of the equation is that, in order to finance everything she wants to do, she will have to advocate raising taxes . Something that keeps getting lost in the equation. She's been running from this as far and as fast as she can (and I don't blame her). But, in order the garner votes, her campaign is a rehash of "the sky is falling" unless you vote for me. I've found that, when discussing politics with the Left (sometimes), they don't like to speak about their candidates record, as with the case of Warren and her working for Big Insurance to the detriment of asbestos victims.

Kbot,

Do not worry - just because I live in Realville doesn't mean I am ready to end it all.

;)

I must admit it does frustrate me to know Warren is ahead in the polls - it do make me shake my head.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-12-2012 05:21 PM

At this point it's clear that the U.S. had something to hide at Benghazi, and that's why reports coming out of the Libyan city have been so confusing.

Two key details about the the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi that killed four Americans cannot be underestimated.

"The U.S. effort in Benghazi was at its heart a CIA operation," officials briefed on intelligence told the Wall Street Journal, and there's evidence that U.S. agents—particularly murdered U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens—were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to Syrian rebels.

WSJ reports that the State Department presence in Benghazi "provided diplomatic cover" for the previously hidden CIA mission, which involved finding and repurchasing heavy weaponry looted from Libyan government arsenals. These weapons are presumably from Muammar Gaddafi's stock of about 20,000 portable heat-seeking missiles, the bulk of which were SA-7 surface-to-air anti-aircraft missiles.

What's odd is that a Libyan ship—which reportedly weighed 400 tons and included SA-7s—docked in southern Turkey on Sept. 6 and its cargo ended up in the hands of Syrian rebels. The man who organized that shipment, Tripoli Military Council head Abdelhakim Belhadj, worked directly with Stevens during the Libyan revolution.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/benghazi ... z2C37Vnywg
The official position is that the US has refused to allow heavy weapons into Syria.

But there's growing evidence that U.S. agents—particularly murdered ambassador Chris Stevens—were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to jihadist Syrian rebels.

In March 2011 Stevens became the official U.S. liaison to the al-Qaeda-linked Libyan opposition, working directly with Abdelhakim Belhadj of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group—a group that has now disbanded, with some fighters reportedly participating in the attack that took Stevens' life.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/us-syria ... z2C37l9cZH
Looking more and more like the wingnut theory is true, as usual. However, also as usual, people have moved on after being lied to and will never read any of the follow-up where the truth slowly gets dribbled out.

We attack ourselves.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-12-2012 10:24 PM

Fan wrote: Looking more and more like the wingnut theory is true, as usual. However, also as usual, people have moved on after being lied to and will never read any of the follow-up where the truth slowly gets dribbled out.

We attack ourselves.

Put our heads in the sand:hiding:

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”