Second Presidential Debate

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 03:09 PM

Raggedyann wrote: He didn't recruit women either like he said he did.

You mean Romney?

He did request and hire competent women.
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-17-2012 03:14 PM

Diogenes wrote: Sean Hannity is clearly partisan - no doubt about that but then he makes no bones about it - he doesn't attempt a charade of a non biased journalist - he is a political commentator with a political bent and he tells you that and his comments so clearly indicate that.

Bill O'Reilly comes across as an Independent and if you have never listened to him you might like him. He criticizes equally.

Another very intelligent man who I think is fair is Charles Krautheimer - he is on Fox and in his analysis he thought the President won.

It's one thing to have a political bent and quite another when one can't analyze fairly and deliver the bad news on either side.

The President botched the attack in Benghazi - no question about it. If you followed and follow it closely you have seen the equiovocation, the WH coming out in the form of the WH UN ambassador, Jay Carney, the President himself, Hillary - these folks have been all over the place. But then the President is an equivocator - you can't hold office and vote Present 127 times and have anyone think you are either not equivocating or simply not decisive - or perhaps more importantly you are voting Present for political reasons which would not surprise me either.

If Sean Hannity can have the luxury of being partisan then why not everybody else? It takes an army of MSM to balance out the insanity of Hannity and the rest of them.
As for O'Reilly, he masquerades his lack of intellect by being a rude, obnoxious ignoramus!

The crowd at MSNBC and the so called left MSM, did no favors to Obama when he lazed his way through the first debate. They crucified him. You would never see Fox criticize Romney or anybody else on the so called right. But at least Fox got rid of the biggest crazy - Beck!
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-17-2012 03:18 PM

Sean Hannity has not moderated any debates!

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-17-2012 03:20 PM

Fox has criticized Romney repeatedly! They declared Obama the winner last night!

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-17-2012 03:20 PM

Diogenes wrote: You mean Romney?

He did request and hire competent women.

From the above article I posted:

"Romney says he “went to a number of women’s groups” and asked them for the binders, but the opposite is true — they went to him."
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-17-2012 03:32 PM

HB3 wrote: Fox has criticized Romney repeatedly! They declared Obama the winner last night!

Not according to Karl Rove, who blathered away on Fox News that Romney won.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 03:45 PM

Raggedyann wrote: If Sean Hannity can have the luxury of being partisan then why not everybody else? It takes an army of MSM to balance out the insanity of Hannity and the rest of them.
As for O'Reilly, he masquerades his lack of intellect by being a rude, obnoxious ignoramus!

The crowd at MSNBC and the so called left MSM, did no favors to Obama when he lazed his way through the first debate. They crucified him. You would never see Fox criticize Romney or anybody else on the so called right. But at least Fox got rid of the biggest crazy - Beck!

RA the crowd at MSNBC HAD to crucify him - they were apoplectic in their rage and disappointment.

The difference is this: the moderators are chosen from the ranks of the MSM therefore it is a BIG problem in terms of bias relative to a political debate. It's one thing to attempt to sway folks on your own program when you are honest about your bent - it's quite another to portray yourself as a journalist - a true journalist in the tradition of lets say a Tim Russert and then to say "oh lets have Candy Crowley moderate the Presidential Town hall meeting". She has made advers comments publically about one of the candidates and his party.

Bill O'Reilly is not ignorant. He is blunt, he is straight talking, he apologizes when wrong and he does not suffer BS'ers or fools lightly - I like that in a man and woman frankly. He will tell you up front he is Pro Life and he is a Catholic but I hardly think that makes him an ignoramas - he has the highest rated cable show and his show is watched by all demographics.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 03:51 PM

Raggedyann wrote: From the above article I posted:

"Romney says he “went to a number of women’s groups” and asked them for the binders, but the opposite is true — they went to him."

RA you better do some more research on this as he has a very good record in terms of women in his cabinet - not just low or level entry positions.

http://www.blogher.com/what-women-shoul ... itt-romney

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 03:54 PM

HB3 wrote: Sean Hannity has not moderated any debates!

Well from what we have witnessed they might as well go that route as well.

Frankly I could sit thru a three hour debate akin to the Lincoln/Douglas debates - throw the moderators out.

Again I say - they had the nerve to criticize Jim Lehrer??? At least he stayed out of the way.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 04:20 PM

This from The View earlier today - it's worth a listen.

First of all she did not have the fact check in her head, she was going on memory and she later says she was wanting to move Romney off of inferring the President did not come out with definitive points as that would hurt the President on his foreign policy -I am paraphrasing but that's the way I read and hear it.

She is all over the place on this.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 04:25 PM

There was something else which annoyed me when the President brought up like he ALWAYS does (he is playing to a certain uninformed envious crowd I guess) that Governor Romney pays/paid less income tax than the average worker, secretary, etc.

Now even this President knows that is false - absolutely false and yet he continues to press and lie on this.

Mitt Romney paid Income Tax on that income when he earned it as "ordinary income" and now he has been living on his "capital gains" which is taxed at a lower percentage.

The President knows this and yet he continues to further the class warfare which further exacerbates Riddicks thread.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-17-2012 06:55 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Not according to Karl Rove, who blathered away on Fox News that Romney won.

Charles Krauthammer said Obama won...ON FOX. Come on, this is silly.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-17-2012 06:56 PM

Diogenes wrote: Well from what we have witnessed they might as well go that route as well.

Frankly I could sit thru a three hour debate akin to the Lincoln/Douglas debates - throw the moderators out.

Again I say - they had the nerve to criticize Jim Lehrer??? At least he stayed out of the way.

Let's also note how the debate format itself sucked. This "Town Hall" thing is horrible.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 07:56 PM

HB3 wrote: Let's also note how the debate format itself sucked. This "Town Hall" thing is horrible.

Thank you for bringing that up as yes stupid stupid stupid.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-17-2012 08:01 PM

HB3 wrote: Charles Krauthammer said Obama won...ON FOX. Come on, this is silly.

Again yes he did and frankly that is why I like Fox News - you can't dissuade the partisans on any side - just can't do it.

They are dug in and that's that.

Now I will officially say this for the fourth time- IF President Obama were a Republican I would NOT vote for him again and yet there are folks who are so dug in to their team, guy and idealogy they won't vote against their guy even if it means going over the cliff.

I worked for a company like that once and the board of directors drove that company right in to the ground and I saw them do it and why????? All because they could not see the forest for the trees. They would rather be wrong than do the right thing or eve hit at well maybe we need to try another path - no sirree.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”