“America’s comeback team": Mitt Picks Paul for GOP VP!!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Political Toons: Some Reactions to the Romney/Ryan Ticket

Post by Riddick » 08-13-2012 10:49 AM

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-13-2012 11:24 AM

Great graphics - 2 and 3 my fav.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-13-2012 12:22 PM

Quote by Riddick:

They go together like late nights and loose women. Nothing new here. Elections wouldn't be the same without a shameful performance by both parties...

Good one and accurate.

A good example of this would be the erroneous alleged facts of the Ryan budget - the perception he is forcing old folks to start eating dog food because of the provisions of his budget and the allegation he is taking away their Medicare - which if you know understand just a little bit he is suggesting just the opposite. But as you say why let the facts get in the way - float the half truths out there and there are enough chumps who will fall for it.

I say chumps because when one tells half truths they are letting you know they think you are stupid or lazy enough to fall for it.

It takes time to sift thru the complexities of the issues. The exhange between Rachel Maddow and Rich Lowry on Meet the Press yesterday was a very good example of trying to pin someone down on the facts and they won't answer the question.

Because of the complexities and the time it takes to sort thru issues I would imagine there are folks on both sides who will go to the voting booth based upon those ads.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-13-2012 03:32 PM

About 2 or 3 years ago I posted Ryans plan on this board, of course no one read it and the raging went on. He wrote it with Oregon's Democratic Senator Ron Wyden. I always wondered what happened to Wyden on this matter, he disappeared from it as well disappearing from Oregon, although I do hear him "phone home" on occasion to our local morning radio show. He lives in New York.

Now just for kiks I am going to go see if I can find the post.:cool:

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-13-2012 04:11 PM

Doka,

You did?????? Gosh I don't recall seeing that - I wonder if Widen slipped thru that Medicare "donut hole" never to be heard from again.

:D

HB3

Post by HB3 » 08-13-2012 04:41 PM

Bad news for the Democrats...Paul Ryan is apparently kind of hot.
Forget the budget: Paul Ryan is hot!

Overlooked, understandably, in Saturday’s analysis and news that Rep. Paul Ryan will be Mitt Romney’s vice presidential nominee was one mostly — but not entirely — unimportant aspect: Paul Ryan is kind of hot.

Upon hearing the news of Ryan’s nomination, TMZ was quick to declare Ryan “the hottest vice presidential candidate ever.”

In 2008, Ryan was included in The Hill’s 50 Most Beautiful list with the following write-up: “Let’s face it, the reform of entitlements like Social Security is an important topic for members of Congress to debate. But listening to lawmakers speak about it on the floor does not exactly cause the heart to race. Unless, that is, the speech is being delivered by the tall, handsome and fiscally conservative Rep. Paul Ryan.”

One of the suggestions offered by Google when you search for “Paul Ryan”? “Paul Ryan shirtless.”

Number of Google results for “Paul Ryan is hot”? 1,350. “Paul Ryan is sexy”? 311.

And then there’s the “Hey Girl” meme that pits Ryan as a wonkish seducer — or the commentary about his “sexy” eyes.

Even P90X’s Tony Horton — whose workout has been a hit with Ryan — admitted how buff he considers Ryan based on their private workouts.

Joe Biden has copped to Ryan’s ease on the eyes, once calling him “a bright, handsome guy from the state of Wisconsin.” And he’s not the only one: A LexisNexis search shows that such outlets as CNN, “Imus in the Morning,” National Review, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, POLITICO, The Independent and The Sacramento Bee have all referred to Ryan as “handsome.” Even Rachel Maddow, no ideological fan of Ryan’s, admitted as much during a April 2011 MSNBC show.”He’s so handsome and boyish,” she said.

Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson declared on MSNBC in April: “And Ryan has — you know, he’s young. He’s good looking. I mean, he has a certain presence.”

“He’s good looking,” The Nation’s John Nichols said to Ed Schultz in 2011.

”Knowledgeable, charismatic, friendly and good looking is how colleagues on both sides of the aisle describe Ryan,” The Hill’s Erik Wasson wrote in 2011.

When Sean Hannity had Ryan and his “Young Guns” co-authors on his Fox News program in 2010, the host opened his interview by noting, “What a good-looking crew here we got.”

A 2005 Milwaukee Magazine profile of Ryan was headlined, simply, “That Hair, Those Eyes, That Plan.”

And this from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in 2009:

“How many times when I was out on the campaign did I hear, … ‘Oh, he’s so good looking! Why would you want to run against him? He’s such a nice man!’” says Kenosha’s Paulette Garin, who lost a Democratic primary in ‘08 for Ryan’s seat.”

As news of Ryan’s veep nomination spread, the online world agreed.

”I’m just going to say what every other girl is thinking. VP candidate Paul Ryan is sexy.”

”I don’t agree with Paul Ryan at all, but I still think he’s sexy as hell.”

”I don’t think we’ve said it enough today; Paul Ryan is a sexy man.”

So what explains it?

“He looks like Superman.”

“C’mon lefties, guys with guns are seriously sexy.”

And then, of course, those eyes.

“Paul Ryan is gorgeous with dreamy blue eyes.”

”Neutral Objective Fact: Paul Ryan’s eyes are dreamy.”

”I’m voting for Romney because of Paul Ryan’s sparkly blue eyes. I mean…because…I agree with his views on stuff.”

”Look, I’m just gonna come right out and say what we all are thinking: Paul Ryan has dreamy bedroom eyes.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/08 ... z23Ss9s0sx
Last edited by HB3 on 08-13-2012 04:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-13-2012 06:36 PM

These are the folks going to the polls.:(

HB3

Post by HB3 » 08-13-2012 06:43 PM

Yeah, well, they were probably going to the polls already, so count your blessings. :)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-13-2012 06:46 PM

In other words be thankful they are not multiplying.

:D

HB3

Post by HB3 » 08-13-2012 06:48 PM

But I guess these young ladies didn't share this opinion...

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-13-2012 06:56 PM

I guess they are too ignorant to be embarassed.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-13-2012 07:00 PM

Well I didn't find it here, but almost all of his proposals are here and always have been since they have been proposed, I think it is called "Transparency" strange word, I think I heard it once.:D As far as Wyden goes he is and will be voted in even if he lived on the moon, as he is a Democrat. Whoops, almost forgot the link http://roadmap.republicans.budget.house ... sueID=8521

Doka :)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-13-2012 07:18 PM

I realized after I had responded that it was 2 or 3 years ago - no wonder I didn't see it.:rolleyes:

Frankly I had not heard of Widon until listening to Meet the Press and realized they co authored this budget plan - and Widon is about as Left and Paul is Right so an interesting corroboration.

Watched Chris Matthews this afternoon and heard much about the Ryan Plan but not that is was co authored - interesting.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-13-2012 08:10 PM

I realize that all things on the Roadmap site may not be to everyone's liking, but I will say this, it is out there for everyone to see and read for themselves then critique. I get truly weary over hateful attacks, when some are too lazy to read or it is just not the right party thang, therefore must be destroyed at all costs. Even if the Reps win it is going to be a long haul to get people working again, as there are over 100 million on the welfare rolls and I bet a great percentage like being taken care of. Think about it. Any body working is feeding a LOT of mouths. It is frightening! :eek: And all so well planned, it is difficult to destroy a WORKING country, but once our Country has been weakened to the degree that it has been, it is easy pickens to be turned into something I would rather not think about.

OK! I will get off my soap box, back to my cage:)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-13-2012 08:47 PM

HB3, I have a question for you.

I have just been listening to Gingrich being interviewed by Piers Morgan. Morgan asked Gingrich the question about the rich not paying taxes etc. Gingrich's response was the usual "We can't tax the rich because they are the "Job creator's". He actually said "Job creators", which perplexes this Canadian and here's why:

The tax rate for the rich has not changed and the loopholes have not been closed yet unemployment is still over 8% down there. Why aren't the "Job creator's" creating jobs?

I recall that "jobs" were the GOP's mantra during the 2010 mid term election.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 08-13-2012 08:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”