The Anger in America

Moderator: Super Moderators

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-13-2011 01:40 PM

Lol...didn't you get the memo on the Arab Spring? You're not supposed to talk about it any more now that Egypt is rapidly deteriorating into a military dictatorship. "Um...let's look at something else. Oh yeah! OWS!"

bobbo
Banned

beyond the surface, there is depth

Post by bobbo » 11-13-2011 01:50 PM

Egypt has been under military dictatorship since Nasser, a colonel in the Eyptian Army, took power away from the British Occupying Military dictatorship.

Its turtles all the way down.

More dogmatic misdirection operating within a short attention span. HB--what does the role of the military in Egypt coming more clearly into view say to you about the Arab Spring?

Anything?

Edit: RATS!!!! Talk about your short attention span. I can't even write more than 4 sentences. I think you want to pose that the situation in Egypt directly pertains to the OWS? Sorry, you need to connect those dots for us.
Last edited by bobbo on 11-13-2011 01:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-13-2011 02:08 PM

Well, you're the one who brought it up....

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-13-2011 02:09 PM

But the "Arab Spring" and OWS were frequently compared -- at least in the beginning, before it got too ridiculous....

Diogenes
Pirate

Re: Dogma has its own special language

Post by Diogenes » 11-13-2011 02:11 PM

bobbo wrote: Diogenes--once again I wonder what you think your Dilbert Cartoon means? Can you explain it to us? I assume you think the 99 to 1 reference is a solid analogy to OWS? As in the cartoon, the 1% richest in America provide all the Jobs while the 99% do nothing?

Is that your point, or am I being too negative?

Assuming thats your point, isn't the truth that in the main the 1% are in banking and finance who in fact don't contribute anything to society and are in fact skimming their billions in various fraudulent/criminal schemes from the the remaining 99%? Making money by moving money around? Making money by gambling in lobbied and paid for unregulated markets. Making money by being bailed out by the 99%? Making money by creating jobs in wage slave shops overseas?

Or do you mean something else?

Bobbo yes you are negative and the Dilbert cartoon is a JOKE - not a subversive message to my mega million followers.

The threshold of annual income within the 1% bracket is at about $340,000. At $340,000 in many cities today you aren't moving your money around to stick it to the little guy, you are many times two wage earners supporting a family.

Do I think the 99% are lazy louts contributing nothing - oh that is absurd.

Do I think that those within the 48% who pay no federal income tax should contribute something - you betcha.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-13-2011 02:14 PM

HB3 wrote: Lol...didn't you get the memo on the Arab Spring? You're not supposed to talk about it any more now that Egypt is rapidly deteriorating into a military dictatorship. "Um...let's look at something else. Oh yeah! OWS!"

Either I thought it was a deodorant or I missed the memo.

ADD =short attention span.

bobbo
Banned

get out the play dough, kiddies getting sleepy

Post by bobbo » 11-13-2011 02:15 PM

Define it.

Like most conservatives, you can't talk past the words on your list. Sad.

Prove me wrong. Tell me what the situation in Egypt has to do with OWS?

My reference to the Arab Spring was directly addressing the point that great political change often comes from actions that do not set forth a set of formal demands. Thats what happened in TUNISIA and toppled their dictator. I was direct, relevant, on point, educational, and helping to put things in context.

Your comment has yet to be explained as anything but a meaningless school yard taunt.

We'll all wait for your explanation. How about a Dilbert Cartoon where the secretary throws a cup of coffee against the wall? You Know---violence never accomplishes anything?

I almost simply posted: "Define It." I was concerned it might be too pithy. Maybe I should have said: "Oh yeah?"

Do you use colored Playdough, just plain, or has it all the colors by now?

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-13-2011 02:21 PM

Well, boobo, you've got a long way to go on your journey...and that's ok, we all do. But it's not anyone's responsibility here to help you get there -- especially when you employ uncivil language in your requests for argumentative correction. Maybe you'll glean something along the way here and there, who knows. But good luck.

bobbo
Banned

words, even cartoons, have meaning

Post by bobbo » 11-13-2011 02:26 PM

So the cartoon was a joke. Calling Sigmund Freud: we have a trainload of bananas about to enter a tunnel.

Is claiming people living in poverty should also pay something another joke?

Please tell me what you think the appropriate federal income tax should be for a family of two "earning" minimum wages at two jobs while the tv babysits their two kiddies should pay.

9-9-9 I assume?

How much blood do you estimate is in a rock?

You remind me of the business expert who review the operations statement of a movie theater. He found all the profit was made in selling popcorn and all too often the tickets sold did not even cover the cost of renting the films. He advised our taxpayer to just sell popcorn.

Yes----tax the poor. They are undeserving of the good life they have.

Lets see.......nearly 900 posts. Is that a high number of posts for critical review purposes? I hesitate to tell you that these notions of taxing the poor out of a notion of fairness is.......is......not financially sound.

Is this tax goal of yours another joke? Context really is everything---you guys are a laugh riot when viewed as a cartoon. Fun........nee.

Diogenes
Pirate

Re: Dogma has its own special language

Post by Diogenes » 11-13-2011 02:27 PM

bobbo wrote: Diogenes--twice now you have referenced the violence going on at Occupy Oakland. What is your point plainly stated? You say they are not offering any solutions. Do traffic accident victims offer any solutions or do they simply need help? Recall the Arab Spring was luanched by a vegetable vendor upset at having to pay bribes to get his cart back from the police. He set himself on fire and died. What solution was he offering?===and revolution followed.

So what is your paradigm for this OWS? Is it round one in a formal debate? A traffic accident? People demonstrating their despair? or what other model are you using to post that the incidents of violence mean exactly what?

From your link: "Investigators do not yet know if the men in the fight were associated with Occupy Oakland, but they are looking into reports that some protest participants tried to break up the altercation, Jordan said."

"Jebus died for your sins." Doesn't mean a fricken thing and does not withstand rational analysis==outside of the dogma of special language. "There was violence at Oakland." Doesn't mean a fricken thing to me about the issues involved but it obviously does to the conservative mindset. Please explain.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-13-2011 02:34 PM

"Jebus died for your sins." Doesn't mean a fricken thing and does not withstand rational analysis==outside of the dogma of special language. "There was violence at Oakland." Doesn't mean a fricken thing to me about the issues involved but it obviously does to the conservative mindset. Please explain.

For starters some people take exception to having our law enforcement officers having to babysit OWS folks, clean up after them, wipe the feces off of their vehicles, expose themselves to TB and whatever else is game for the day.

It means nothing to you but it does to many others who would like to see their tax dollars spent more efficiently.

bobbo
Banned

BWHAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by bobbo » 11-13-2011 02:41 PM

hb--are you really this full of your self? You got no dick on that horse you are riding. And as you probably have already compartmentalized your own performance away, "riding a dick" is your contemplative analysis of anyone you disagree with, not mine. Very uncivil in my book.

So, educate me. What words did I use that were uncivil? Copy and paste them for me and I won't use them again. ((We've already agreed we're all liars by our very hooman ness right?===Ok, I'll set never using those words you identify as a stretch goal for myself.))

I don't think you can do it HB. No more than you can explain why there is criticism of OWS in the ongoing Egyptian situation. Proove me wrong===EXPLAIN YOURSELF by way of anything except unsupported ad hominem attack. Is being civil however you privately define it the be and end all of debating politics in your mind?

Am I riding a dick right now HB? Your dick? My dick? Whose dick?

bobbo
Banned

an actual response. Thank You

Post by bobbo » 11-13-2011 02:55 PM

Diogenes.

You say: "For starters some people take exception to having our law enforcement officers having to babysit OWS folks, clean up after them, wipe the feces off of their vehicles, expose themselves to TB and whatever else is game for the day. /// Gee, everybody takes exception to that. Why don't the cops stay in the station house and let freeeeeedom ring?

It means nothing to you but it does to many others who would like to see their tax dollars spent more efficiently. /// Everybody wants their tax dollars spent more efficiently.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And you think the above concerns are captured and efficiently communicated by saying there has been violence at the OWS demonstrations? Sorry Diogenes, the connection as it may exist is too weak without a better explanation. Your own link fairly demonstrated that. Did you read it before posting?

Conservatives are fond of quoting Jefferson that the tree of liberty must be refreshed by the blood of patriots, buts its always in the context of gun rights. Never for what Jefferson meant: Occupy Wallstreet.

You don't think our tax dollars are being efficiently spent? What are YOU actually going to do to change that? Vote for Ron Paul?????????

OWS is acting in your best interests and you don't/won't even recognize that. You would have them eat cake when your own larder is being raided daily to feed the rich at their vomitorium.

How can change possible come when the entire political process has been captured by the monied interests of corporations and the Super Rich. How? Tell us Diogenes. And for extra credit: how many lives would it be worth even if those lives were actually related to the issue rather than independent crimes connected only by location?

I don't think OWS will result in anything. Because they aren't violent. The USA is. You don't bring Ideas to a Police State with goons ready and motivated to crack heads. No---maybe with the second bailout even those who think the problem is not enough taxes from the poor will see the issue more clearly.

Diogenes
Pirate

Re: BWHAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by Diogenes » 11-13-2011 04:21 PM

bobbo wrote: hb--are you really this full of your self? You got no dick on that horse you are riding. And as you probably have already compartmentalized your own performance away, "riding a dick" is your contemplative analysis of anyone you disagree with, not mine. Very uncivil in my book.

So, educate me. What words did I use that were uncivil? Copy and paste them for me and I won't use them again. ((We've already agreed we're all liars by our very hooman ness right?===Ok, I'll set never using those words you identify as a stretch goal for myself.))

I don't think you can do it HB. No more than you can explain why there is criticism of OWS in the ongoing Egyptian situation. Proove me wrong===EXPLAIN YOURSELF by way of anything except unsupported ad hominem attack. Is being civil however you privately define it the be and end all of debating politics in your mind?

Relative to uncivil the above is good for starters.

Geez isn't there a game on or something?????:epicbattl

HB3

Re: BWHAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by HB3 » 11-13-2011 04:26 PM

bobbo wrote: hb--are you really this full of your self? You got no dick on that horse you are riding. And as you probably have already compartmentalized your own performance away, "riding a dick" is your contemplative analysis of anyone you disagree with, not mine. Very uncivil in my book.

Jesus Christ. Relative to this dick obsession you've developed, that was a typo. I edited my post right after I caught it. It's no mystery -- go back and read it again if you're interested.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”