Comeback of state-owned banks

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Comeback of state-owned banks

Post by kbot » 08-06-2010 07:04 PM

I heard about this a week or so back, and in light of what I have learned about The Fed, this probably isn't a bad idea. While the Bank of North Dakota freely admits that the relative prosperity in the state isn't soley due to their existence, you have to wonder if by merely exercising local control and not being beholden to a system that loans the Treasury it's own currency, that the folks in the area are on to something. Wall St seems to think so.......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/1 ... 63522.html
:cool:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 08-17-2010 07:42 PM

This is an important issue - and worth following. Anymore information kbot?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-18-2010 11:30 AM

Captain Fantastic wrote: This is an important issue - and worth following. Anymore information kbot?

No, nothing. Sorry, but my wife and I caught one heck of a cold (or something....) that's been gong around up this way. So, my internet time has been restricted (sleeping a lot more lately).
I did hear that North Dakota isn't alone in this, and that there are other state-chartered banks out there that are doing well compared to "traditional" Federal-Reserve style banks.

I think it's worth looking into.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”