AUDIO:Rep.Dengell once Implemented HC will "Control the

Moderator: Super Moderators

DarkhawkX
Pirate

AUDIO:Rep.Dengell once Implimented HC will "Control the

Post by DarkhawkX » 03-24-2010 06:27 PM

Shocking Audio

Scary stuff from the horses mouth to the peoples ear. With comments like this I imagine u can expect more violence. The first Revolutionary War was over Taxation and the King refusing to listen to the concerns of the Colonies. And it is happening again were our government thinks they are smarter than the people they represent and are refusing to listen to us. I believe in history and i believe that it definitely repeats itself. SIC SEMPER TYRANUS

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-24-2010 07:16 PM

I would have liked to hear the rest of it, not enough there to make a determination one way or the other, what he meant.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-24-2010 08:44 PM

Moderator's comment to DarkhawkX:

We are trying here at the Fantastic Forum to accommodate diverse views, and this is one of the reasons your account was recently reinstated.

Unfortunately I find we already need remind you that posts suggestive of, or promoting violence, or armed insurrection is a violation of the rules of posting here:

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1aa_newsl ... rrrgh.html

Also, one of the characteristics of a discussion forum, is to actually discuss issues. Coming in with an agenda, is not the same as discussion with the group.

Read the rules and policies very carefully, and see if you believe you can post within the spirit and the letter of these rules for the FF Community.

Can you understand how diverse points of view can be welcome, if they are part of a discussion? Nailing things to the wall is not a discussion, for instance.

Good Luck with this. I am hoping you will be able to reconsider and switch gears a little.

DarkhawkX
Pirate

Post by DarkhawkX » 03-24-2010 09:20 PM

My suggestion was not that Iam Promoting Violence im not I thought I was very Eloquent in describing my reason for this even giving a history lesson (so to speak) the Human is nothing more than an animal really and like an animal when it feels threatened and cornered it lashes out
my comment on the Audio is statements like the one Dengell made will do nothing but impassion people and make them feel justified in there Rage... i can understand how they feel when I was watching yesterdays signing and they were acting like kids at a Frat party I was indeed VERY angry sadly some people lack control of there emotions. But I guess I will stick to discussing other peoples threads since the first one I make already gets me a warning LOL;)
Last edited by DarkhawkX on 03-24-2010 09:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-24-2010 09:45 PM

Well, I just listened to the audio you posted - and Dingle's remarks taken out of any broader context could be inflaming, I guess. 'Control the people'. What people? 'The people' from the health insurers industry who deny coverage for pre-existing conditions?

The video, as presented, I believe is meant to inflame and incite. Not good policy, or responsible civic discussion - imo.

And why, in the 21st century, would anyone want to incite domestic violence? All revolutions do not have to be bloody, and certainly would need a majority of citizens involved at many levels. Violence of a small minority of people is akin to terrorism - not revolution.

It is also fine that you post threads, just as any other FF member here.

DarkhawkX
Pirate

Post by DarkhawkX » 03-24-2010 10:14 PM

True ..and I agree Groups Like the E.L.F(Blowing up Radio towers and Vandalizing car lots) and P.E.T.A (throwing paint on fur coats)have been getting away with Domestic Terrorism for years and people that will cut Gas lines to an Innocent Mans home are no better we really could have better discourse in this country between one another. In my Opinion people could Channel this energy better either by A. Running for office themselves(locally even) B. Volunteer for the Candidate of there choosing as conservatives we need to keep our eyes on the ball.....But if things do keep going horrible the groups that we are talking about may not be so small anymore the Country at anyone time is 50/50 between left and right and if a whole 50 percent feel wronged by the other 50% in power we have yet another repeat in history Civil War Middle America VS The Coasts we are already seeing states sue the feds over them possibly over stepping there bonds I have been wondering this for a month or so now is it possible that the Bible never mentions America as nation no because we were destroyed....but because we Split into a European style Nation/State situation??

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 03-24-2010 10:31 PM

Linnea wrote: The video, as presented, I believe is meant to inflame and incite. Not good policy, or responsible civic discussion - imo.
Jeeze what do you expect Lin? That's the new modus operandi of the Fourth Rei... the GOP now. They are a bunch of whining crybabies and they follow their standard procedure, Lie, Obstruct, Distract and now... foment hate and violence against anyone that opposes them.. and take advantage of the weak minded that have nothing but a Faux News and their taking heads, Goebb... I mean Beck, O'Riley and the baby Jesus Hannity...

personally, I think the judicious application of Title 18 to Faux, OxyRush, Michelle BatS*it Bachmann and the rest would be an excellent thing to show the world that we remember Nuremberg and the lessons it taught...

Last edited by Rombaldi on 03-24-2010 10:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-24-2010 10:37 PM

Well, actually, Rom - I do not think it is good policy to use hateful rhetoric back on this group either. We need more civic discourse, and less hurling of epithets and labels. No?

Give back better...
..and do not let haters set the agenda.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 03-24-2010 10:41 PM

Linnea wrote: Well, actually, Rom - I do not think it is good policy to use hateful rhetoric back on this group either. We need more civic discourse, and less hurling of epithets and labels. No?

Give back better...
..and do not let haters set the agenda.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

--- Arthur Schopenhauer

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.

--- Herbert Agar

The history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sown thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal.

--- Mark Twain

Do not run from the truth. There be nought so hard to live with as a lie.
--- Kathryn L. Nelson

----------

They get what they deserve. All they can respond with is a lie.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

DarkhawkX
Pirate

Post by DarkhawkX » 03-24-2010 10:49 PM

Rombaldi wrote: Jeeze what do you expect Lin? That's the new modus operandi of the Fourth Rei... the GOP now. They are a bunch of whining crybabies and they follow their standard procedure, Lie, Obstruct, Distract and now... foment hate and violence against anyone that opposes them.. and take advantage of the weak minded that have nothing but a Faux News and their taking heads, Goebb... I mean Beck, O'Riley and the baby Jesus Hannity...

personally, I think the judicious application of Title 18 to Faux, OxyRush, Michelle BatS*it Bachmann and the rest would be an excellent thing to show the world that we remember Nuremberg and the lessons it taught...

:rolleyes: except we have this thing called the 1ST AMENDMENT and both FACTS and OPINION are covered under it. Or would you like seemingly this Administration ignore it to further ur Agenda and end decent? Its not Fox news or Rush,Hannity or Beck or even Michelle Bachman. They are not shouting FIRE in a crowded theater they are putting Sunshine on all of these back room deals and corruption. And NEVER once have I heard Any of those personalities say to hurt anyone...Vote them out yes but hurt no..so to bring up Nuremberg seems a bit ridiculous

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-24-2010 10:54 PM

Originally posted by DarkhawkX
:rolleyes: except we have this thing called the 1ST AMENDMENT and both FACTS and OPINION are covered under it. Or would you like seemingly this Administration ignore it to further ur Agenda and end decent? Its not Fox news or Rush,Hannity or Beck or even Michelle Bachman. They are not shouting FIRE in a crowded theater they are putting Sunshine on all of these back room deals and corruption. And NEVER once have I heard Any of those personalities say to hurt anyone...Vote them out yes but hurt no..so to bring up Nuremberg seems a bit ridiculous

Well, yes. They absolutely have. Do some more research.

DarkhawkX
Pirate

Post by DarkhawkX » 03-24-2010 11:06 PM

If they were serious the one/or multiple that mentioned it would be off the air by order of the FCC
Goggled Rush,Hannity Suggest Violence on air? got nothing but Left wing blogs and website and something about Ron Reagan Jr.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 03-25-2010 02:30 AM

We have lowered ourselves to the depths of something far worse than the 1960s could have ever been called...

We are allowing the antagonists to whip a great many of us into a frenzy which will NOT solve anyone's problems - it will divide us into a civil war, which will not solve our problems; it will create more innocent blood to be spilled, right here in the country we all claim to love: AMERICA.

Even when Social Security was signed into Law, there was not this kind of mayhem. People didn't like it, but it has turned out to be a life-line for many seniors. The same happened with Medicare. But again, there were no death threats and no violence - no one packing weapons and lobbing bricks and stones.

And think about Civil Rights... most of the people whose blood was spilled then was the blood of the African-Americans and the white who believed they are equal.

How sad... that a John McCain declaring, "THAT one..." and Sarah Palin proclaiming that Barack Obama "hung around with terrorists" could incite such animosity and division.

THESE are the people who began this mess, and THEY are the ones who should pay for it... NOT those who will benefit from the healthcare reform which can be accomplished over the next couple of decades.

We need to just STOP... stop the rhetoric, stop the cloaked prejudice, and start realizing that the way this country became GREAT was by neighbor helping neighbor. And if that means that we all have to give a little more to bring down the costs of healthcare and other services, then so be it. Too long be have languished as a nation of excess and greed... Too long we have not just wanted to keep up with the Joneses; we have strived, at all costs, to surpass them. And now we're all going to have to bite the bullet and pay the price.

In the 1980s, when we could afford a cheap housekeeper and a cheap gardner on a middle class budget, we LOVED it. Then, when the economy began to sink, who do we blame? The very people who allowed most of us to HAVE a housekeeper and a gardner for a few dollars a week or a month. It's not the undocumented people's fault; we encouraged them to come work for 1/3 of what a white person or even a self-respecting African-American would accept as pay. And now we want to blame all our woes on them??? Oh, please... give me a break. If we hadn't created the job market, they wouldn't have come to America in droves.

Let's put the real blame where it belong - on ourselves. We ran up credit cards, we extended our credit far beyond logical limits. And now, when it's time to pay the piper and take care of our OWN people, we balk.

The attitude in this country makes me ill. It must change, or we will not survive as a nation. Rome fell, and so can we, if we don't stop this mindless idiocy, and come back to a reality we can all profit from and accept.

We have to turn off the Limbaughs and the Becks, and start thinking for ourselves. We have to stop blaming everyone else and our President for the problems which were begun in the 1980s. President Obama was brave to even want to run for President... Could John McCain have done any better? Could Romney? We would no doubt be just as unhappy with them by now, as most of you seem to be with President Obama.

We need to stop looking at the Party and the President, and start looking at what it's going to take to bring us back to what we need to be. And as much as I hate to tell you, I'm going to, anyway... Less taxes won't solve the problem. We're all in this together, and the only way out of it is TOGETHER. And if that means the wealthy have to give a little more, then who better can afford to do it? If that means we have to reach out through healthcare reform to bring down insurance costs for everyone, then we're going to have to do it. If that means the young and healthy need to be forced to insure themselves just as we have to insure our cars and our homes and our apartment property, then we have to do it. If we need to close the donut hole so seniors aren't going without medicines they really need, then we have to do it.

And CK is right about dental and eye coverage... we need that, too. Dental problems cause a myriad of other health problems. And if you can't see which pills you're taking, then that's a huge problem, too. But those things can be addressed later on, as we continue to tweak healthcare reform. But without a base to improve, we can't do anything more.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 03-25-2010 08:49 AM

Bobbi Snow, sistah!
+++11;)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 03-27-2010 10:53 PM

Gotta show you some respect Bobbi. Real strong statement.

Do you know what I think what really hurt the nation IMO, the downfall of local media. The local papers, affiliates and even radio has been replaced by national news networks and syndicated radio.

There is a bit of an irony that the people who seem to scream the loudest against big fed govt not being able to relate to their local needs are getting their cues from big national millionaire talk show hosts (be it on radio or TV) who replaced local hosts who can do a more proper job serving as an outlet for the community.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”