On The Road with VOGuy

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

On The Road with VOGuy

Post by Riddick » 05-08-2013 04:01 PM

Would you believe our old shipmate has posted his first video on YouTube?

From the description:
  • This is dashcam video or our trip out to North Dakota on April 16th edited to 9 minutes. The trip is 1,084 miles, and would take 17 hours under ideal conditions. We did the trip in two days, stopping in St Cloud MN for the first night. It's interesting to note the differences in weather, and the geography. This video gives you an idea of the differences between the city and the country, and different climates.

To answer the usual Youtube questions; Yes, +/- 2 mph of speed limit. No laws broken, thank you. Yes, you can do that, I won't. 2010 Silverado 1500/LT Crew Cab with large Vortex engine. No accidents seen, but did see emergency vehicles going somewhere. No UFOs or oddities noted. This is the fastest way to go, but next year we'll take 75 north to route 2 west. I'm sure you would take a different route, but this is the route we chose. Yes, I disabled comments, because some people use comments in the wrong way, and I didn't want to deal with their stupidity or spend the time reporting them to Youtube for abuse. The camera was mounted next to GPS on the center of the dash. A few times I tilted it to show some scenery, other than those few times it just shows the road. Between 12 and 15 mpg, depending on hills. I have hit 18 mpg. Megabucks...especially in Fergus Falls where gas was $4.03 p/gallon for regular. Wisconsin is a native American word for vast wasteland with a plethora of orange barrels for no apparent reason. Oh, you're from Wisconsin?... I love your barrels.

Have a nice ride with us. Please don't get potato chip crumbs on the seats.

The next time you take a trip, take along a dashcam and show us where you went.

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”